Post by Mario90 » Mon May 19, 2014 6:04 am

Hi,
i need to export an XML file of the products that i own on my OpenCart installation.
What extension do i need to export them in XML and then import in a WooCommerce installation?
Thanks.

Post by rph » Tue May 20, 2014 10:44 am

I don't know if an XML export tool exists. You can try one of the CVS or XLS export tools then try saving that as an XML with a program like Excel.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by Cart2Cart Team » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:31 am

Hi,

I’m not sure if it’s topical yet, but you can try converting XML to CSV (via convertcsv.com or similar tool) and use Cart2Cart to import CSV files to WooCommerce automatically with little effort. See the details here https://www.shopping-cart-migration.com ... -migration
Hope it helps!

Kindest Regards,
Cart2Cart Team

Cart2Cart - simple, fast and effective migration to OpenCart

Post by deborah_jo » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:27 pm

OpenCart is a complete e-commerce solution, highly customizable thanks to the fact that it's open source, plenty of integrations and free.
In case you want migrate products from OpenCart to WooCommerce. Easiest and Fastest is hire a automatic shopping cart migration service, eg like Next-Cart. It will save a lot of time and effort

Post by Kelvin.h.6354 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 am

Hello,
You should convert to CSV files and use an automated tool to migrate data from OpenCart to WooCommerce. The most advanced tool currently are offered by two biggest companies in shopping cart migration, LitExtension & Cart2Cart.
LitExtension's price starts from $59 while Cart2Carts is $69.

Post by cedcommerceteam » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:22 pm

Mario90 wrote:
Mon May 19, 2014 6:04 am
Hi,
i need to export an XML file of the products that i own on my OpenCart installation.
What extension do i need to export them in XML and then import in a WooCommerce installation?
Thanks.
Can i know the reason why are you migrating from Opencart to Woocommrece?

Call us at : (+91) -8765210318 , Skype: live:carlmorgan.cedcommerce , Email: support@cedcommerce.com
CedCommerece : Officail Opencart Partners
Opencart Services : www.cedcommerce/opencart-services.com
Sell On various Marketplace Integration : Opencart-Extensions

Post by martin171090 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:08 pm

There're many OpenCart extensions allow you to export data to XML, but import the XML file into WooCommerce is a different thing.

I have 3 best solutions:

1. If you have coding skill, you should create a PHP script to get all records in each table in OpenCart, then convert them into corresponding table in WooCommerce. It's not too hard, but you will need to do it carefully. You will need a mapping table to store OpenCart IDs and WooCommerce IDs during the migration process.

2. This free plugin offerred by WordPress: Store to WooCommerce Migration Plugin

3. If you failed with the 2 solutions above, try this paid migration service: https://next-cart.com/product/opencart-to-woocommerce/

In my opinion, OpenCart is better than WooCommerce in product management. OpenCart supports all types of options and attributes whereas WooCommerce only supports drop-down option. You should consider your choice!

Next-Cart Top 1 Shopping Cart Migration Service

Looking for a solution to migrate your store to OpenCart or upgrade your OpenCart store to a newer version:
OpenCart to OpenCart Migration Service
OpenCart upgrade Service

Post by johnp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:46 pm

I tried this for a client once. Despite me almost begging them not to we went ahead with it but gave up after the first nervous breakdown. Guess what. They're back to being a happy Opencart user. After many years of ecommerce and trying most of the big shop systems it's Opencart for me every time.
Last edited by johnp on Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD 2.6.1 lover, user and geek.
Fast and Affordable Service for Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
https://www.asandwhenbusinessservices.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by johnp » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:29 pm

Just picked up another client looking to move back to Opencart from Woo. I've recommended OC1.5.6.5 with a few choice modules. The client's main concern is the site is not "painfully slow". Another thumbs up for Opencart. :)

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD 2.6.1 lover, user and geek.
Fast and Affordable Service for Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
https://www.asandwhenbusinessservices.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK