Post by jbcul » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:27 am

I'm upgrading our site from OC 1.5.6.4 using the Journal 3 theme. What I need to do is create a stand alone page that has an image gallery of a responsive thumbnail grid with image zoom. (Think paint color swatches.) I think FancyBox would be a good solution. Journal 3 doesn't support this but they say they have a Dynamic Blocks feature that allows one to add HTML to any page. Their documentation is a bit thin and I'm not a programmer. I'd like to take a stab at this as we have no budget for a developer. What I'm looking for here is the big picture. Does the Journal 3 framework call pure html that I embed in a php page or do I create something in TWIG and call that?

I'm hoping someone will have a vague understanding of how this works and give me the 20 thousand foot overview of what's going on?

Thanks

Public code block removed to avoid more issues.
Last edited by jbcul on Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:17 am

Well, a commercial Extension (like Journal) usually is 'protected' Code,
and therefore not really a matter to be 'handled' around this Place. Or
then better in the commercial Section, where paid Code Mods belong.

Good Luck, nothing personal, just plain information. ;)
Ernie

I am no longer active at the OC Forum, to reach me, contact: jti@jacob.ch
My latest free Opencart LIGHT 1.5.6.5 Source is available on demand: http://www.opencart.li/dark/
900+ FREE OC Extension-Repositories - from OC v.1.5.x up, on the
world's largest OC-related Github Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by jbcul » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:35 am

Good point however that code is on their public website at the link i provided. I did not provide anything one cannot get after a simple google search.
Now.. Any advise for me or am I now a pharia?

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:53 pm

Dynamic Blocks feature that allows one to add HTML to any page
OpenCart3 already has this, too, no need to use Journal3 for this feature.

Anyway, Journal3 is not free, neither is it well implemented, therefore any changes to it would be a commercial request.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by ElsaCline » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:22 am

Hi...if I go back to edit the button, as soon as I tap on it to access the editor for the button. the script runs and the video is displayed in the app. I can not find a way to go back or close the overlay. Also now the file would not even open.