Post by megalca » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:30 am

Hi all!
Good day
Have open cart 3.0.3.3 and php 7.3
I have been using basel theme (themeforrest)
It comes with several useful modules included.
Not sure it it is badly coded or not but generally it has worked well. Very little bugs and conflicts with other extensions.
It seems developer abandoned the project so he has not updated to latest open cart version, 3.0.3.8 latest PHP 7.4, 8.0, etc.
Looking for a well coded and actively updated theme ideally that includes useful extensions/modules already.

Would appreciate a lot your suggestions
thanks

Post by Cue4cheap » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:06 am

In my opinion don't go for a theme that has useful extensions built in but go for a css theme and add in the extensions that you want. Some themes with built in extensions are bloated and slow down your site.
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by megalca » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:26 am

Thanks Mike!
Yes I have read a bit about that approach.
Any suggestions for themes?
Regarding extensions... as you know there are hundreds...free and paid. Any suggestion on what to look for or where to look for well made, supported and reasonably priced extensions? I ask because I have seen that there are many extension from different developers/sellers that offer in essence the same/similar functionalities but the difference in prices is huge. The abandoned cart, the quick checkout, the email templates, etc come to mind.