Post by Justin Allen » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:58 am

I'm having an issue where I can install the module but can't edit it. This is the error message I keep getting.

Fatal error: Call to a member function link() on a non-object in /home/allens/public_html/admin/controller/module/mailchimp.php on line 130

Post by imaginetech » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:18 am

Hi Justin,

Sounds like a version mismatch.

For example if you are using OpenCart v1.4.9.5 then use the closest matching MailChimp version ie 1.4.9.3. Always use the closest matching version that is lower than your OpenCart versions.

Thanks.

www.opencartstore.com
Get OpenCart Templates and OpenCart Modules.

Location - Darwin, Australia

Post by screatch » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:21 pm

Hello, i am considering buying your module but i am a little bit confused about synchronization. Did i get it right that to sync user database to mailchimp, you have to manually everytime press the sync button? If so, is there anyway to automate this process, for exampe put sync script on cron or something like this. So far this is the only thing that holds me from buying.

Post by Johnathan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:46 pm

screatch wrote:Hello, i am considering buying your module but i am a little bit confused about synchronization. Did i get it right that to sync user database to mailchimp, you have to manually everytime press the sync button? If so, is there anyway to automate this process, for exampe put sync script on cron or something like this. So far this is the only thing that holds me from buying.
I believe the sync process is manual (meaning you have to click the button.) If you need to automatically pass subscription information back and forth between OpenCart and MailChimp, my MailChimp Integration extension will do this, but it doesn't have a manual synchronize function. You'd have to use the MailChimp Module to sync the database at first, or manually export your OpenCart newsletter list and import it into MailChimp.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by screatch » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:23 am

Is there anyway to automate the process by running some kind of cron script every now and then?

Post by imaginetech » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:11 pm

screatch wrote:Is there anyway to automate the process by running some kind of cron script every now and then?
Unless you automate your email campaigns I can't see the value to be honest.

How much extra work is it to goto the module and click one button before you start designing your email campaign?

Another point to consider is that my module now allows you to choose which list you sync with. So you can have multiple lists for your customers and sync your db as required. It becomes hard trying to automate choices like that in ways that don't become overly complicated.

Having said all of that, I am open to any improvements people are looking for and if a good case is made I'm happy to build in any functionality.

Thank you.

www.opencartstore.com

Post by screatch » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:51 pm

As for the feature request, i'd like to propose syncing different user groups to different lists.
I for example use user groups to separate russian speaking people from estonian speaking people, so i can send different email's for them. Is there anyway you could possibly implement this feature?

Post by imaginetech » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:06 am

screatch wrote:As for the feature request, i'd like to propose syncing different user groups to different lists.
I for example use user groups to separate russian speaking people from estonian speaking people, so i can send different email's for them. Is there anyway you could possibly implement this feature?
Yes, just added this feature to the new release.

New release also improves the user interface for the admin and a couple of other tweaks.

Available from the extensions directory or from:-

http://opencartmarket.com/

Note, also selling an Ultimate OpenCart Module Kit which includes:-

MailChimp OpenCart Module
Google Analytics PRO OpenCart Module
Facebook Like Box OpenCart Module
Twitter PRO OpenCart Module
ProSlider "Slideshow" OpenCart Module

For $39.95

www.opencartstore.com

Post by allshippedout » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:35 am

I'm having an issue with this module when I try to sync on OC 1.5.2.1 :

Initializing...
Checking for MailChimp API Key: 7af5434837639afe33366d1f4df278bf-us4
Checking for Mailchimp List ID: 6bd92cec4e
Sync All: false
Found null subscribers.
Sending data to MailChimp.
Data sent to MailChimp.
Number of subscribers added: undefined
Number of subscribers updated: undefined
Number of unsuccesfully subscribed: undefined

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks for any and all help!

Best Regards,

Edward

Post by imaginetech » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Can you open a support ticket at https://opencartstorecom.zendesk.com/.

Please include a oink to your site, OpenCart and module versions and in your case whether or not you have any customers who's newsletter subscriber flag is set.

Thank you.

www.opencartstore.com