Post by JAY6390 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:49 am

Open Cart Page Cache
Reduce your page load times and increase your server performance greatly

AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE HERE

HOW IT WORKS

Generally when a user visits your site, they are using the guest account, and have no items in their basket
Therefore the content (HTML) on the pages are the same for each of them
This is also true of search engines like Google, Bing etc when crawling your site
This puts a lot of strain on larger sites (and smaller ones on shared hosting)
Nowadays your site is also ranked in search engines based on page load speeds so the quicker the better
This is to separate the bad sites from the good, as generally a good site has good performance

WHAT PERFORMANCE CAN I EXPECT

Locally I've had speed increases in excess of 500 times as quick
On a production server, I've had over 300 times easily
Both of these serve pages in under 0.0005 seconds after caching

REQUIREMENTS

OpenCart 1.4.8+
vQmod
Zlib php extension if zipping content (confirm with your host before buying)

IS THIS MULTI SITE COMPATIBLE?
Yes
IS THIS MULTI LINGUAL?
Yes
IS THIS MULTI CURRENCY COMPATIBLE?
Yes
DOES THIS ALLOW GZIP COMPRESSION FOR BROWSERS THAT SUPPORT IT
Yes (BETA FEATURE)

WHAT THIS MOD DOESN'T CACHE

- Pages where a user is logged in or has items in their basket
- Admin area
- CSS, JS, Images or any other files not generated via the index.php

THINGS TO NOTE

Because this is caching, product pages viewed will only be updated with the view count when the original cache file is generated
After that, it will bypass the whole OC system and just serve the static HTML, therefore no database calls to update the count is made
That said, if you have analytics or any other tracking software on your site that used JavaScript, these will be unaffected (and the stats will be more detailed too no doubt)
If a person is logged in/has items in their basket and does this, then it will work as originally intended and update the values

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by georgekaf » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:19 pm

I am getting a "You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks." message from paypal when I try to purchace a licence for your page cach extension.

Post by webpie it. » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Jay, just curious, when logged in as admin, does it stop cacheing front-end pages the same as when a user is logged in?

Regards

Chris

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:55 pm

@georgekaf - That is due to the opencart extension store, you will need to contact the store owner I'm afraid

@webpie.it - No it will still cache as long as you
A) aren't logged in as a customer
B) aren't logged in as an affiliate
C) don't have any items in your shopping cart

Also note that admin pages are never cached

Guru Member

Post by webpie it. » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:53 am

Thanks for the reply Jay, yes i noted that admin pages aren't cached

Regards

Chris

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:28 am

1.1.1 Update released today. This fix is only for those with register globals enabled. Adds a work around for the session error problem with this, although really your hosting should not be enabling register globals for any reason whatsoever, and is deprecated as of 5.3.0

Guru Member

Post by adesignl » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:54 am

Is it possible to create a feature that will only reload the cached pages that have been changed versus the whole site?

http://www.adesignlink.com

Location - Florida, USA

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:03 am

A feature like that is going to be almost impossible to achieve. I'll give you an example as to why

Say you have an information page that has been cached, and on the right hand side you have a module containing latest products. You then edit a product name for one of the latest products in the admin area. How would you know that the info page contains a product and that it needs clearing? You would have to know where every module loads, what every template has in it and also what information each module does and has. It's fundamentally impossible to be honest once you throw in the fact that people add third party extensions to their site

Guru Member

Post by vickiowa » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi Jay,

What was the newest update about? Is there a change-log of files that were modified?

Thanks a bunch,
Vick

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi Vick

Sorry if you got an update, that was a mistake.
There were only small corrections to the description and price

Apologies for any confusion

Kind regards
Jay

Guru Member

Post by scanreg » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:26 pm

Can this display query/parse times in the footer so we see the real-time load times?

Thanks

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:30 pm

The load time is the total time including all of the queries too so it is the real load time. If you need the times for queries, there is a free vqmod that does that

Guru Member

Post by Ampeter » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Is there any easy way to build the cache automatically?

I've tried using Xenu's Link Sleuth to check all url's but it didn't generate any cache files :-[

Post by JAY6390 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:25 pm

hi Ampeter

Sorry I've never used a tool for spidering sites before, though I'm guessing something like a sitemap generator would do something like that as its crawling the site. Really though, the link sleuth should generate cache files if it's spidering

Guru Member

Post by firepatches » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:22 am

i uploaded the files and modified the index.php according to the instructions. when i go to my site it does not appear, only a blank page. i put the old index.php back so my site shows up, but this didn't work. i included the index.php i modified to see if i did it correct. thanks

Location - Wilmington, NC

Post by firepatches » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:26 am

i did the 'clear cache page' from the admin with the original php for the hell of it and not only does the site shoe up it is fast as hell. not sure why the original php works and the modified doesnt...

--
Art Samples: http://www.Engine55.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FireAppar ... 0811808792

Location - Wilmington, NC

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:27 am

Hi Firepatches

I've deleted the above file. If you're having difficulties can you email me your FTP details and I'll check it out for you

Kind regards
Jay

Guru Member

Post by jfn99 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:46 pm

JAY, would this module solve the issue bellow. the server load is reaching over 40x it's capacity. and it's a vps with over 3GM of memory.

# User@Host: glamorou_store[glamorou_store] @ localhost []
# Query_time: 6.852591 Lock_time: 0.000089 Rows_sent: 9 Rows_examined: 243
SET timestamp=1334294632;
SELECT * FROM category c LEFT JOIN category_description cd ON (c.category_id = cd.category_id) LEFT JOIN category_to_store c2s ON (c.category_id = c2s.category_id) WHERE c.parent_id = '64' AND cd.language_id = '2' AND c2s.store_id = '0' AND c.status = '1' ORDER BY c.sort_order, LCASE(cd.name);
# Query_time: 6.710068 Lock_time: 0.000112 Rows_sent: 0 Rows_examined: 216
SELECT * FROM category c LEFT JOIN category_description cd ON (c.category_id = cd.category_id) LEFT JOIN category_to_store c2s ON (c.category_id = c2s.category_id) WHERE c.parent_id = '65' AND cd.language_id = '2' AND c2s.store_id = '0' AND c.status = '1' ORDER BY c.sort_order, LCASE(cd.name);
# Query_time: 6.972789 Lock_time: 0.000079 Rows_sent: 53 Rows_examined: 375
SELECT * FROM category c LEFT JOIN category_description cd ON (c.category_id = cd.category_id) LEFT JOIN category_to_store c2s ON (c.category_id = c2s.category_id) WHERE c.parent_id = '68' AND cd.language_id = '2' AND c2s.store_id = '0' AND c.status = '1' ORDER BY c.sort_order, LCASE(cd.name);

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Hi jfn99

While I can't promise it will prevent it, it should reduce the server load so that it happens far less

Kind regards
Jay

Guru Member

Post by jfn99 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:25 am

Jay, I have purchased the extension and it has dramatically helped, the server load dropped from 40.2 to 1.5...
although the normal is under .5
is there anything else you recommend I should do?

the server guy, said the database connections are not being closed properly. It is also possible the database has a few crashed tables.