Post by Qphoria » Fri May 27, 2011 10:08 pm

I've been working on a simpler checkout system over the past few weeks and have recently been testing it on my live extension store.

Features:
- Completely standalone. Does not overwrite any core files!
- Uses vQmod for a few simple changes
- Optional Password/Account*
- Restores normal checkout when vQmod script is removed
- Combines Address and login page into one
- Adds separate shipping checkbox option
- Combines Shipping/Payment/Confirm into one
- Full compatibility with existing extensions

Demo: http://unbannable.com/v149x
Buy a product and see new checkout

Details: http://theqdomain.com/ocstore/easy-checkout

* The password field can be set to required or not required.
Regardless, this mod always creates an account in the background and a password will be autogenerated and sent in an email. This was done mainly because the current split-design that opencart uses isn't worth the headache of 2 separate code paths, and it still has the effect that makes the customer feel like he isn't creating an account while still allowing downloadable products.

Normal OpenCart Checkout Flow:
1. Asked to login or create account. Click create account
2. Enter Address and click next
3. Goto Success Page
4. Click Checkout again
5. Goto shipping page. Choose and click next
6. Goto Payment page. Choose and click next
7. Goto Confirmation page. Click Confirm to finalize

Easy Checkout Flow
1. Login or Enter Address details. Click next
2. Goto Confirmation page. Choose Payment/Shipping and finalize

Administrator

Post by SXGuy » Sat May 28, 2011 1:21 am

Love the mod. One question.

If password is set to not required, what happens with the login details for a returning customer? are they emailed a random password?

Post by i2Paq » Sat May 28, 2011 1:27 am

Awesome work Q!

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Qphoria » Sat May 28, 2011 1:56 am

SXGuy wrote:Love the mod. One question.

If password is set to not required, what happens with the login details for a returning customer? are they emailed a random password?
Exactly. I should add that to the features list. If not required, an 8-character password is autogenerated and emailed.

Administrator

Post by roberttimes » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:21 pm

I need the user to redirect to the account page if the cart is empty and he clicks on the login in header. Right now, after logging in, he's taken to the cart page regardless of whether he just wants to edit his account. I need to go to checkout/cart only if there's something in the cart, otherwise redirect to account page.
Is this possible?

Thanks!

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:05 pm

if you are using a vqmod xml you will have to have the vqmod modification installed first for it to work.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Melanie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:20 am

Can you add these in.

1) Can you add the box which lets people make comments about their order "Add Comments About Your Order" on the second screen.

2) the option that people have to tick the box on the second screen which says: I have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Mel

Post by rbass » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:54 am

Q,
Nice Mod!!! I really appreciate your work!!

Is there a way to hide the "Choose Payment Method:" dropdown when only one payment method is used?

Also, How do you get the shipping options to appear as radio buttons instead of a drop down select? The radio button code is right below the drop down code, however, I cannot get it to work.

Thanks once again Q!!

(I sure could use a shipping estimator 1.49.5 mod for the shopping cart page based on zip code that adds to the Total!!!)
Last edited by rbass on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:30 am

Melanie wrote:Also another two things, can you add these in.

1) Can you add the box which lets people make comments about their order "Add Comments About Your Order" on the second screen.

2) the option that people have to tick the box on the second screen which says: I have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Mel
I will look into adding these.

Administrator

Post by oolongtea » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:49 am

Hi, I wonder if 1.5.2 version is ready yet. If not, can you tell me when it will be available?
Can't wait to buy it.

thanks!

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:19 am

Ok ive updated the mod to fix the multirate shipping issue (melanie, kpdirection)
and added the comments box.

Redownload the latest version from wherever you bought it.

Administrator

Post by Melanie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:19 am

Works greeat Q.

Well done.
Melanie

Post by roberttimes » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:22 am

Hi Qforia, I bought this mod but I get the following error when I try to login or create new account:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /open/catalog/language/english/checkout/checkout_one.php:68) in /open/vqmod/vqcache/vq-system_engine_controller.php on line 27

Please help!

Post by promofire » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:46 pm

Great mod but can't put it on our big store yet. First we absolutely have to have the "agree to terms and conditions" checkbox. Also, even though we have it set to allow guest checkout, it is still forcing people to choose a password. How can I set that to not be required?

Of course...

If someone who thinks they're not signing up for an account because they don't want to have one checks out, are they sent a "thanks for registering" email? We do have people who refuse to make accounts and getting that email would thoroughly tick them off. Or will having this mod just do away with the guest option completely?

Thanks

Post by promofire » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:14 pm

Also just noticed - we are using Google Checkout Express as one of five payment options. The button is located on the cart page but also appears as a payment type. With Easy Checkout installed, GC still appears but if you select it, it reloads the page and reverts back to credit cards.

Post by promofire » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:23 pm

Sorry for more posts, but hey if it helps...

If you put in an address and go to the payment/shipping page and hit Back at the bottom, it just reloads the page but does not take you back to the address/account page.

Post by promofire » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:28 am

Really need to know at least how to make the password field not required and how to change the text of the email a person gets with the random password.

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:22 am

promofire wrote:Really need to know at least how to make the password field not required and how to change the text of the email a person gets with the random password.
There is a field at the top of the checkout_one.php file called "requireAccount" set that to false
The email content is in the catalog/language/english/checkout/checkout_one.php file under //Mail

Administrator

Post by promofire » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 am

Thanks much

Post by promofire » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:10 pm

OK one last important thing. In the checkout_one.tpl I replaced the button code with this:

Code: Select all

<?php if ($text_agree) { ?>
      <div class="buttons">
        <table>
          <tr>
            <td align="left"><a onclick="location = '<?php echo str_replace('&', '&', $back); ?>'" class="button"><span><?php echo $button_back; ?></span></a></td>
            <td align="right" style="padding-right: 5px;"><b style="color:maroon;"><?php echo $text_agree; ?></b></td>
            <td width="5" style="padding-right: 10px;"><?php if ($agree) { ?>
              <input type="checkbox" name="agree" value="1" checked="checked" />
              <?php } else { ?>
              <input type="checkbox" name="agree" value="1" />
              <?php } ?></td>
            <td align="right" width="5"><a onclick="$('#guest').submit();" class="button"><span><?php echo $button_continue; ?></span></a></td>
          </tr>
        </table>
      </div>
      <?php } else { ?>
      <div class="buttons">
        <table>
          <tr>
            <td align="left"><a onclick="location = '<?php echo str_replace('&', '&', $back); ?>'" class="button"><span><?php echo $button_back; ?></span></a></td>
            <td align="right"><a onclick="$('#guest').submit();" class="button"><span><?php echo $button_continue; ?></span></a></td>
          </tr>
        </table>
      </div>
      <?php } ?>
The effect was nothing, so does anyone know what else I need to do to bring back the line and checkbox about agreeing to the return policy/terms? Temporarily I've put this after the password section:

Code: Select all

<b style="margin-bottom: 2px; display: block;">Terms and conditions</b>
					<div class="content">By purchasing with Promolife Health, I agree to the <a class="thickbox" href="index.php?route=information/information/loadInfo&checkout=1" alt="http://www.promolifehealth.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=5">Return Policy</a>.
 </div>
but if we don't make people click something, they swear on their lives they never saw it. We have to be able to say, well you clicked on it or you couldn't have checked out.

Thanks