Post by fido-x » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:59 pm

OK, been doing some work looking into the cause of the bug in the shipping calculations. In short, there isn't one (at least not in the full report module). The bug is due to differences in the "title" of the shipping method in the language files (back-end and front-end).

When an order is placed, the "title" of the shipping method that is added to the order and orter_total tables is taken from the language file in the front-end, either "text_title" or "text_description" (Fedex, Flat Rate, Item Based and Pickup use the "text_description", the others use the "text_title").

Since, the full report module is an administrative module, it makes use of the language files in the back-end. The query to calculate shipping by shipping methods uses the "heading_title" from the (admin) language file as a search parameter (eg. select all from the order_total table where the title equals the "heading_title" from the language file). The bug exists where the "heading_title" in the admin language file is different to the "text_title" or "text_description" in the front-end language file. Example: the front-end language file for the ups has a "text_title" of "United Parcel Service", while the admin language file has a "heading_title" of "UPS". Subsequently, the order records a shipping method of "United Parcel Service", while the query for the report is looking for "UPS".

The following shipping methods will cause problems as a result:
  • fedex
    flat
    item
    pickup
    ups
To fix, you will need to edit the above language files in the administration, to ensure that the "heading_title" matches the "text_title" in the corresponding front-end language file.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by cashman9 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:57 am

I dont know what you are talking about... but i dont think i need to change anything. it should work fine with my current settings, so if anything, the module needs to be adjusted for all scenarios.

Post by fido-x » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Module has been updated to fix a few bugs in the calculations of the shipping rates. Also addresses some layout issues in the template files.

I've also included a vQmod file to add a menu entry in the administration.

NOTE: The shipping calculation bug was a result of differences in the name (title) of the module in the language files (catalog and admin), not as a result of a miscalculation in the mathematical formulae used in the module.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by fido-x » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Further update. Seems I forgot to add the above-mentioned fix to the printable report. This update fixes that and addresses a potential similar issue with taxation.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by clinton4 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:16 am

Nice work! I got some questions for you.

1. Do i need to have the backend area in english to use this extension? Or would it work if i have another language there?

2. Is this extension available in any other languages?

3. Does it includes future updates?

Spam blocking PHP script, use it!

Post by madimar » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Very nice work!!! I just noticed the pdf report is poorly formatted. Is it a problem of mine or is it so?
Maybe an improvement could be to give a better format/graphic to the pdf report!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by fido-x » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:49 pm

clinton4 wrote:Nice work! I got some questions for you.

1. Do i need to have the backend area in english to use this extension? Or would it work if i have another language there?
I only provide English language for this (it's the only language I speak). If you want to use another language, you'll have to do the translation yourself.
2. Is this extension available in any other languages?
See previous answer.
3. Does it includes future updates?
Yes.
madimar wrote:Very nice work!!! I just noticed the pdf report is poorly formatted. Is it a problem of mine or is it so?
Maybe an improvement could be to give a better format/graphic to the pdf report!
The formatting of the pdf report does seem to have some problems reading the css file. This appears to be a server-related issue. My own server has no problems displaying the pdf report properly, and there are no problems when using XAMPP on Windows, however, the demo site (which is being hosted elsewhere) does have problems. I haven't tracked down the root cause, as I haven't been able to duplicate the problem in my own setup.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by madimar » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:52 am

madimar wrote:The formatting of the pdf report does seem to have some problems reading the css file. This appears to be a server-related issue. My own server has no problems displaying the pdf report properly, and there are no problems when using XAMPP on Windows, however, the demo site (which is being hosted elsewhere) does have problems. I haven't tracked down the root cause, as I haven't been able to duplicate the problem in my own setup.
Nice to hear that. Another question... what about that "Report->Counter Statistics"? Is it part of the contribution or it is another one? Could you please provide details about it?

ciao

M

My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by clinton4 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:20 am

Okay, you did not answer question 1. Would the extension work if i use another language than english? I read that you use words from the language files to build relations in your calculations.

Post by fido-x » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:54 am

clinton4 wrote:Okay, you did not answer question 1. Would the extension work if i use another language than english? I read that you use words from the language files to build relations in your calculations.
OpenCart uses a text string from the front-end language file for some of the information placed in the order, eg. the shipping method used.

If you wish to use a language other than English, you will have to translate the provided language files to that other language (like I said) and then, use that language instead of English - both front-end and back-end.

@madimar: The counter statistics is part of another module. See viewtopic.php?f=124&t=24034 for details.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by clinton4 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:01 am

Okay, do you provide information on which strings i must translate to get it working?

Post by lucho69 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:11 pm

I know you said : V 1.4.8 and 9, but do you think I can put it easily in 1.4.7 ?
for one client I did so many specific that now it is quite complex to move it on 1.4.9

1.4.7 cordes guitare 1.4.7 déco chambre enfant 1.4.9 restaurant chassieu

Post by ritey » Tue May 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Very nice!

Dave
www.coderstudios.com

Location - Richmond

Post by lucho69 » Fri May 27, 2011 4:16 am

Hi,
I did the translation in French, so for those interested, or fido-x, do you want me that I send to you

i did several changes as well for 1.3.7 - so we lose few features as "page size" so no PDF possible, we lose Profit and loss as the fiel "Cost" does not exist in 1.3.7

But anyway, this is, even for 1.3.7 a great improvment

Lucho69

1.4.7 cordes guitare 1.4.7 déco chambre enfant 1.4.9 restaurant chassieu

Post by scanreg » Fri May 27, 2011 7:57 pm

fido-x wrote:
2. Sales breakdown by payment type would be good too (cc, paypal, etc)

HTH
Good idea. Hadn't thought about that. I'll look into it.
Any plans to add payment type?

Also, is there a way to combine order statuses to get one big complete report?

For instance, if I want to see any chargeback stuff, I have to remember to select the Chargeback order status. Instead, it would be more effective maybe if there could be a multi-select of the order statuses to get everything in one bunch.

Thanks

Post by gabrielxz » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:44 am

Are there any plans to integrate reports on product options? I really need to get a global look at what sizes/colors are being ordered most on my store. Will this include this feature soon?

Post by opencartisalright » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Will this mod work with OC 1.4.9.5 too?

Post by fido-x » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:34 pm

opencartisalright wrote:Will this mod work with OC 1.4.9.5 too?
Yes.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by farmiemarket » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:56 pm

I just downloaded this and uploaded the files to my store's top level directory as instructed in the installation instructions. For some reason, after doing this, "Financial Report" is not appearing in the list of modules/extensions in my Modules Admin panel. I tried logging out and back into the admin panel to refresh the listing, but it is still not there. Any suggestions?

Post by Marne Jakins » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:11 pm

hi I am getting an error

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to a member function getTotalProductsViewed() on a non-object in /home/......../public_html/admin/controller/report/viewed.php on line 101
I added } with fixed that error then I had to code out lines 101 & 103 to get the page to dispaly.

page then displays with warnings at the top

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined variable: product_views_total in /home/...../public_html/admin/controller/report/viewed.php on line 120Warning: Division by zero in /home/.../public_html/admin/controller/report/viewed.php on line 120Notice: Undefined variable: product_views_total in /home/...../public_html/admin/controller/report/viewed.php on line 120Warning: Division by zero in /home/......./public_html/admin/controller/report/viewed.php on line 120Notice: Undefined variable: product_views_total in /home/....../public_html/admin/controller/report/viewed.php on line 120Warning: Division by zero in /home/......./public_html/admin/controller/report/viewed.php on line 120Notice: Undefined variable: product_views_total in /home/......../public_html/admin/controller/report/viewed.php on line 120Warning: Division by zero in /home/......./public_html/admin/controller/report/viewed.php on line 120Notice: Undefined variable: product_viewed_total in /home/......../public_html/admin/controller/report/viewed.php on line 229