Post by JAY6390 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:10 am

Brand new extension now available for download for opencart versions 1.4.8 and above
Available to purchase here

This module allows you to easily manage which products are in which category - Ideal for those with lots of products and categories

A demonstration is available to view here
http://demo.jaygilford.com/admin/?route ... egory&demo
username: demo
password: demo
And then click on the item in the menu to view it

Or you can click here to view the tool in action
http://screencast.com/t/6Oxgf7TuAF

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Brite Light LEDs » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:54 am

id like to add a new product named

501/T10/W5W LED 3 SMD error free with canbus function

for some reason on my admin area it cannot find the product when i search , so have to look through the list

want to see if this filter mod picks up the product okay, for me to sort?

please email me through my website, in signature

Automotive Lighting upgrades
http://www.BriteLightLEDs.co.uk

Post by raylus » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:21 am

I'm getting a 500 Internal server error when I try to use the module. It used to work fine so I'm guessing your mod is conflicting with one I recently installed. I'm going to try and reinstall/reupload to see if that fixes the problem oc 1.5.5.1

If not can you be of some assistance on your mod?

-Raylus

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:25 am

Hi Raylus

The only way this extension would cause a 500 error would be if the file permissions on the mod files weren't set in accordance with your server setup. 500 errors are usually down to the .htaccess files (so try renaming the one that OpenCart comes with to see if that helps when disabled by changing to .htaccess.backup for example)

Kind regards
Jay

Guru Member

Post by iiminov » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi there,

I am interested in the inner working of this extension. Sorry that doesn't sound right.

OK, start over. I have a store with few custom columns in oc_product table. How easy/difficult would it be to mod your extension (if decide to I purchase it) to include these in the import/export operations.

Also I would like to confirm if this allows for import/export of products based on selected category.

I currently have an import/export extension but it forces me to export entire list of products making it very difficult to manage. Additionally when I import products all related tables are flushed before data is imported. Does your extension behave similarly? Or it keeps track of what's already in the database and updates existing products?

Looking forward to read your reply.

BTW I am working with OC 1.5.6.4

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:09 am

Hi iiminov

This extension does not import or export products (or any data for that matter). It's to assign products to categories quickly. You can see this here: http://demo.jaygilford.com/admin/index. ... egory&demo

Kind regards
Jay

Guru Member

Post by Biitnik » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:17 pm

Would be nice if you would add some items limit setting. If there are 20 000 products it just crashes and is very hard to use.

Maybe sot that it displays 100 products at once and loads 100 more products if scrolled to the end of page.

Post by Biitnik » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:19 pm

Coult it be possible to add some items limit to this extension? In case my shop has tens of thousands items. The module just crashes if it tries to load all products.

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:50 pm

Hi

When you say it crashes, do you mean your browser crashes? I've had people with 50,000 products able to use this without issue. If it's a browser issue, contact me using the DEVELOPER SUPPORT button on the extension page and I'll see if we can get this working a little better

Kind regards
Jay

Guru Member