Post by giovannir » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:45 am

On a fresh installation of Opencart 3.0.3.6 all the extensions in ocmod and vqmod are not working and they don' modify the twig files.
It happens even after replacing the new modification.xml file as suggested in other posts.

On github I cannot find a solution and even the mantainance version have the same problem (am I wrong?).
Is there a definitive solution?

Regards

Post by by mona » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:51 pm

I have a test version of 3.0.3.6 and I do not have any github fix.

Go into the modifications -> log tab -> press clear -> and then press it right refresh and it is working.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by thekrotek » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:56 pm

Search the forum for "modification.xml".

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:21 pm

Seems to be a possible bug in the release, Joe knows more ...

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by joeantropy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:33 pm

Hi giovannir,

We've found this extension fixes the issues with twig file modification in OpenCart 3.0.3.6:
FIX OCMod Vqmod modifications for twig files OC 3.0.3.6

Post by ofzswi » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:38 pm

Hey I have a similar Problem!
I installed vqmod 2.6.4 on Opencart 3.0.3.6. No vqmod Extension installed! only the vqmod_opencart.xml is in the XML Folder and i get this:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /vqmod/vqcache/vq2-_home_httpd_vhosts_xxx_storage2_modification_system_engine_action.php on line 73

Which is this Line:

Code: Select all

include_once(\VQMod::modCheck(modification(modification($file), modification($file)));
It looks like there is an ) missing??

If i deactivate vqmod, site is working. With active vqmod, not working (i mean if I rename the XML File to vqmod_opencart.xml__

I only installed Journal 3.

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:53 pm

I only installed Journal 3
Well, after 'only' installing that PAID J-Theme Extension, your total Server File
Content Data Size is now more than double of what it was before :laugh:
So, better get a Pofessional, to solve your Problems, because Journal Matters do
not belong into the 'free Support' OC Forum Sections anyway.

In addition to the FACT, that using OcMod and (regular) VqMod in an OC Install
is the most unprofessional Way of building a Shop Site, by then using two 'different'
ways of doing things, fully unaware of each other, to basically do the same ... :crazy:

Good Luck, you'll need it ! :laugh:
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by ofzswi » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:58 pm

Very Helpful answer...

The Problem is really related to the vqmod_opencart.xml File. Don't know why Journal 3 should be the Issue...

Why not using Ocmod & vqmod ?
We use both also in opencart 2.0.3.1

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:36 pm

ofzswi wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:58 pm
Very Helpful answer...

The Problem is really related to the vqmod_opencart.xml File. Don't know why Journal 3 should be the Issue...

We use both also in opencart 2.0.3.1
Sorry for the headached reply you may have experienced on the above. It seem to be expected for ... unknown reasons most of the times. However, the scenario shows that you are using a third party Engine that Opencart does not support originally. I would, either, suggest to try a fresh installation with Opencart without Journal and see if you are able to load VQMod / OCMod normally or to contact Journal support regarding this issue. You could also try to clear the Journal cache and Opencart cache and see if that solves the issue.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:59 pm

Well, why not using Saccharin and Sugar combined, to prepare your Cake ? :crazy:

From the Viewpoint of a someone, looking for the cleanest and most efficient speedy
way of creating an OC Install, it's about the worst and most unprofessional thing to do,
to implement two different 'overwrite-routines', fully unaware of each other, to do the
same Job, just in two entirely different ways. Regardless of, if it possibly works or not,
it's still a very potential source of problems, if (regular) VqMod is used in such OC
Installations, fully unable, to 'communicate' with the default OC OcMod Routine in any way ....

And the Problem only exists, because some Extension Coders where to lazy, or then silently
manifested their Protest, when OC introduced OcMod. But one does not even need to be a
Coder, to understand, that it's just a waste of Server Power, to have two different 'systems',
doing the same, just in entirely different ways. And the main Problem is, that most OC
Installers are no Coders, they therefore just don't know, what they're doing to their Software,
by using both 'ways' of working with Extensions. No wonder, that so many fail, sooner or later.

OR THEN, at least use the Integrated VqMod https://www.mhccorp.com/opencart/free-items
in contrary to 'regular' VqMod, it places his CACHED Content in the DB Modification Section,
just like regular OcMod, instead of keeping and 'handling' those files in/from some 'cached'
OC VqCache Sub-Directory. It's less tasks, to get them all from the Database, instead of using
two Different Cache Sections, to handle such Code.

It will NOT keep you from possible 'collisions', if 2 Mod's try to 'access' the same file or 'routine',
for what reason ever, but it also makes it much easier, to find out about, and fix such matters.

But you either wanna be just another Player, or then at least act like a Pro, whereever possible.
It's your decision, I don't care about .... :laugh:
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Qphoria » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:20 am

a bit late but vqmod twig fix released here: viewtopic.php?f=198&t=223366#p818893

Administrator