California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) applies to all the businesses which collect or process the data of California residents. The Act was passed in June 2018 and will be enforced from January 1st, 2020. The CCPA provides some specific rights to the customers to protect their data and privacy. OpenCart CCPA Extension helps the store owners to meet all the guidelines and requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law and provides the customers with an interface to access their privacy rights. With the help of the CCPA Extension, the Store admin can simply add a "Do Not Sell My Personal Data" tab on the Header of the website from where the customer can access his rights under the CCPA act and can ask the store owner to share, download or permanently delete his personal information. OpenCart California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Extension is compatible with OpenCart versions v2.0.x - v3.0.x.
More info and purchase here: OpenCart California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Extension
FRONT END DEMO
CCPA Provides the Following Rights to the Customers:
1. Right to Access Personal Data: Under this right, the customer has the right to ask all his personal information collected by the business from him. The customer needs to submit his email address under the "Right of Access to Personal Data" tab and the customer will receive all the personal data through email from the business which is collected from him over time.
2. Right to Data Portability: Under this right, the customer has the option to download his data including personal information, address & order details in a CSV format.
3. Right to be Forgotten: With this right, the consumer can ask the business to delete his personal information permanently from the website. The customer can do so by simply submit a request to the store owner to delete all his personal information from the website. However, the customer can create a fresh account using the same email address on the website.
4. Right to User Consent: Under this right, the business needs to ask the customer's consent regarding sharing the personal information to the third-party website.
With the OpenCart CCPA extension, the customer can request to access, update, download, and delete his data to the store admin from the front interface. After receiving the request from the customer, a confirmation email will be sent to the customer. After receiving the customer's confirmation, the data will be delivered, updated or removed according to his request.
1. Cookie Consent Bar: The CCPA extension allows the store admin to display the Cookie Consent Bar from where the customer can check all the details regarding the cookies used on the website.
2. Email Templates: The CCPA extension offers readymade email templates that can be automated in various customer requests including data access and data deletion requests.
1. The CCPA extension helps the store admin to comply with all the guidelines and regulations of the CCPA act.
2. The CCPA extension plays a great role in enhancing customer experience and loyalty towards the business.
3. This extension helps the business in meeting all the requirements of the CCPA Act and saves the business from penalties specified in the act.
4. The extension is quite easy to install and configure.
In case of any query regarding this extension, feel free to ask at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, the Opencart California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) extension is compatible with all the OpenCart versions from v2.0.x to v3.0.x.
The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.
Programmer / Opencart Tester
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests