The modification allows you to add UNLIMITED extra tabs to product page where you can store additional information about a product.
The extra tabs can be sorted relative to the OpenCart default tabs (Description, Specification, Reviews and Related Products).
The tabs can contain any information the description tab can contain, they work just like the description tab.
You can set a default value for each custom tab which can be associated with all or selected products or set as the default value for new products.
You can edit the content of the extra tabs from administration panel, from the same page where you would edit the product description.
Note: As displaying the tabs is template specific, the extension will have to be tailored to any custom theme peculiarities. The extension will not add tab support for a theme that does not have it already built in, it just reuses the logic already in place. The extension comes with full support for the default theme.
The mod can be found from http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=5557
- multilanguage support
- CKEditor support
- custom naming from module settings page
- custom sort order relative to default tabs
- option to take content from the admin language field for secondary languages when left empty
- configurable tab visibility (show when not empty/always show)
- custom tab default value [added in v1.1]
- mass assign custom tab value to multiple products [added in v1.1]
Supports Shoppica & Shoppica2 themes.
The latest version 1.1.3 is available as a vQmod for OpenCart 1.5.x.
Live DEMO: http://goo.gl/EjoZT
Main product view with the custom tabs
- edit 21.09.2012 - released version 1.1.1 for OpenCart versions 1.5.x (added new documentation and AceShop support)
- edit 13.07.2012 - released version 1.1.1 for OpenCart versions 1.5.x (fixed DB escaping)
- edit 15.06.2012 - released version 1.1.0 for OpenCart versions 1.5.x (added custom tab default value)
- edit 12.04.2012 - released version 1.0.2 for OpenCart versions 1.5.x (forces datatable charset and collation to utf8)
- edit 26.03.2012 - released version 1.0.1 for OpenCart versions 1.5.x (fixes missing table prefixes in extension install handler)
- edit 19.03.2012 - initial release for OpenCart versions 1.5.x