Post by bull5-i » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Have you ever needed extra tab(s) on the product page? If yes, then this mod can help you.
The modification allows you to add UNLIMITED extra tabs to product page where you can store additional information about a product.

The extra tabs can be sorted relative to the OpenCart default tabs (Description, Specification, Reviews and Related Products).

The tabs can contain any information the description tab can contain, they work just like the description tab.

You can set a default value for each custom tab which can be associated with all or selected products or set as the default value for new products.

You can edit the content of the extra tabs from administration panel, from the same page where you would edit the product description.

Note: As displaying the tabs is template specific, the extension will have to be tailored to any custom theme peculiarities. The extension will not add tab support for a theme that does not have it already built in, it just reuses the logic already in place. The extension comes with full support for the default theme.

The mod can be found from http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=5557

Main features:
  • multilanguage support
  • CKEditor support
  • custom naming from module settings page
  • custom sort order relative to default tabs
  • option to take content from the admin language field for secondary languages when left empty
  • configurable tab visibility (show when not empty/always show)
  • custom tab default value [added in v1.1]
  • mass assign custom tab value to multiple products [added in v1.1]
Works with AceShop.

Supports Shoppica & Shoppica2 themes.

The latest version 1.1.3 is available as a vQmod for OpenCart 1.5.x.

Live DEMO: http://goo.gl/EjoZT

Some screenshots:
ADMIN
admin_module_general_settings.png

Admin, general module settings - admin_module_general_settings.png (20.3 KiB) Viewed 21590 times

admin_module_tabs_settings.png

Admin, extra tabs settings - admin_module_tabs_settings.png (51.17 KiB) Viewed 21590 times

STORE
Main product view with the custom tabs
store_front_product_view.png

Store, product page with custom tabs - store_front_product_view.png (47.78 KiB) Viewed 22856 times

- edit 21.09.2012 - released version 1.1.1 for OpenCart versions 1.5.x (added new documentation and AceShop support)
- edit 30.08.2012 - released version 1.1.1 for OpenCart versions 1.5.x (fixed a JavaScript escaping issue)
- edit 13.07.2012 - released version 1.1.1 for OpenCart versions 1.5.x (fixed DB escaping)
- edit 15.06.2012 - released version 1.1.0 for OpenCart versions 1.5.x (added custom tab default value)
- edit 12.04.2012 - released version 1.0.2 for OpenCart versions 1.5.x (forces datatable charset and collation to utf8)
- edit 26.03.2012 - released version 1.0.1 for OpenCart versions 1.5.x (fixes missing table prefixes in extension install handler)
- edit 19.03.2012 - initial release for OpenCart versions 1.5.x
Last edited by bull5-i on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by wmys » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Hi there,

I purchased this for use on an installation of AceShop (OpenCart within Joomla). I have installed several mods with no issue, but this one... I'm not sure if I'm just not understanding how it's supposed to work or if it's not working.

I installed the /admin stuff and then uploaded the xml file through vQmod. The mod showed up on the list and I installed it. I clicked edit and added a couple of test tabs.

But... no extra tabs show up in the product editing section. Is this were they should be? Or am I missing something?

I have the newest version installed - 1.0.1 I think it is. I have attached a screenshot.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

protabsmissing.png

protabsmissing.png (170.69 KiB) Viewed 22771 times

Post by bull5-i » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:42 pm

Yes, the custom tab should appear under the Description.
The probable cause for this not showing is a different template and vqmod cannot find what it is looking for.
Best check for vqmod log file for any errors.
The mod has been tested on clean OC install without problems.

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

Post by sanmani » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:33 am

Hi bull5-i
This module can't support multilingual. Please, let me know, how to set up to show korean language properly.
When I create new tab with korean, it seems like not support including extra tab name and contents area as well.
Please, verify this issue and let me know where should I change or add.
Thank you
Dennis

Post by bull5-i » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi,

It does support multilanguage. If it does not display Korean correctly, then your database does not default to UTF8 charset and collation.
Please re-download the extension, uninstall the previous version with "Remove SQL changes" setting checked, then upload the new version to your server and install the extension again.

Post by designprophets » Thu May 10, 2012 4:26 am

I've purchased and installed your mod on my site one week ago and have not been able to get it to function. I've sent three emails to your support email and have not had a response.

Installed on AceShop 1.3.1 (for running OpenCart 1.5.1.3 on joomla 2.5) as per your instructions. The module does show up in the modules list, allows me to install and edit/add new tabs in the module admin area. It does not however, allow me to see the new tabs in the product section of the backend or in the frontend.

I have changed <file name="catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/product.tpl"> to <file name="catalog/view/theme/allen/template/product/product.tpl"> which is my current template. All other tabs do show up properly on my template, which is only a minor modification to the default template. I'm NOT well versed in xml or making changes using VQMod, but can attempt any changes you suggest. As far as the directive on the forum which you gave to @wmys, who was/is using the same system as me and having the same issue:

"Yes, the custom tab should appear under the Description.
The probable cause for this not showing is a different template and vqmod cannot find what it is looking for.
Best check for vqmod log file for any errors.
The mod has been tested on clean OC install without problems."

I'm not sure what I would even need to be looking for, as far as what vqmod cannot find. I've reviewed the logs, but nothing stands out. I've emailed you a copy of the log as well as the template I use.

Please let me know what steps I should take next. The temporary url is: 66.147.240.177/~portapul

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Post by bull5-i » Thu May 10, 2012 4:49 am

Replied to your email.

Post by bull5-i » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Released version 1.1.0:
  • Added: Custom tab default value, which can be set to all/selected products or only to new products

Post by wojtek » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi bull5-i,
Thank you for your mod. Installation on custom theme without problem. Changing orders for extra tabs is easy. But could you suggest how to change order of standard opencart tabs, like "Description" and "Specification". In my situation I would like to have "Specification" to be first one.
Thank you.
wojtek

OC Version 1.5.3.1

Post by bull5-i » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi Wojtek,

You can change the order of the default tabs in the catalog/view/theme/YOUR_THEME/template/product/product.php
Search for $tab_description and rearrange the order of the links.

Note, however, if you change the order then it will mess up Custom Product Tab PRO tab orders, as the extension expects the default order.

Post by wojtek » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:32 pm

bull5-i wrote:Hi Wojtek,

You can change the order of the default tabs in the catalog/view/theme/YOUR_THEME/template/product/product.php
Search for $tab_description and rearrange the order of the links.

Note, however, if you change the order then it will mess up Custom Product Tab PRO tab orders, as the extension expects the default order.
Hi bull5-i,
Thank you for advice. I will follow it and leave it, as it is now. Reason, that I would like to change tabs order, was simple. I have specification for all products and only for few of them I have description.
wojtek

Post by taz2fast » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:36 am

Hello bull5-i,
I'm triying to buy your extension, Custom Product Tab PRO / Extra Tab (vQmod), thru opencart with the paypal ID I've always use for all my internet transactions, but the transaction says VOIDED, is there any way I can buy it directly from you, because I REALLY need it to finish a client website.
Appreciate any help, my email is taz2fast@yahoo.com

Post by bull5-i » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Released version 1.1.1:
  • Fixed: database query escaping

Post by sebba » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:55 pm

Hello,

This mod will work with Aceshop? (OC 1.5.1.3)

Thanks,
Seb

Post by bull5-i » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:26 am

It may have problems with AceShop as AceShop uses another WYSIWYG editor and messes around with the css/js includes.

Post by sebba » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:34 am

thanks for your reply but.... if any problems occur... you'll provide support for fixing them?
or... money back if will not work as expected?

thanks

Post by bull5-i » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:34 am

There are no refunds. As AceShop is a third party application and not a default OC installation, support is not free.

Post by moignagr » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:08 am

Shoppica2, probably the most widely used premium template for Opencart..

I can see the developers have not kept to Opencart standards and have decided to rename all CCS references to their liking.

Fine. But not when i'm trying to get modules to work out of the box!!

First error in vqmod SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): <div id="tabs" class="htabs">

The changes in the catalog/view/theme/shoppica2/template/product/product.tpl are almost completely different to the standard opencart template.

I require help to sort this out, its my first time using Opencart.
VQMOD - great idea, but non-standard template coding for any cms framework is just the wrong thing to do.

I went through the errors in VQMOD (About 5-6 in total) and managed to get something showing up on the product page, but the layout was completely wrong and the actual links for the custom tabs don't work at all.

Any chance of an "ftp look and fix" etc - As the problem doesn't originate from your end, name your price and I'll pay for the fix via Paypal when its done (or up front, your choice)

I reverted the custom_product_tab.xml back to the original and just amended line 250 for from /default/ to /shoppica2/

I'm not a web designer/developer i'm a graphical artist, i'm trying to help cover while our tech guy is away on holiday!!

Cheers

Location - Jersey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Post by bull5-i » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:05 pm

What a coincidence - I'm also on holidays til July 23. I can take a look when I'm back.

Post by getumwanna » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:36 am

I'm in the same boat as moignagr. I've got the Shoppica2 theme installed and can't get it to work (nor do I know how).

That said, provided you assisted him in the matter, would you be able to give me a hand as well? I can provide FTP access if needed and have only changed the xml default theme path from /default/ to /shoppica2/.

Let me know what it'll run me to get it working and I can PayPal the funds.

Thanks.