Post by rph » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:57 am

Folks, I don't mind answering a support question or two but this thread is not for support. Please use the dedicated support email listed in readme.pdf for any issues. These issues are also explained there.
dmk wrote:I think the restriction, if a parent has a status of "must" in the form of two required values ??of options - wrong.

How can I fix it?
dmk, this is done because you're setting up your option dependencies in a way that could make a product impossible to add to the cart depending on the option choices the customer made. Dependent Options is smart enough that it's trying to prevent this situation from possibly occurring and frustrating your customers.

If you don't mind if this possibly happens edit dependent_options.xml and change:

Code: Select all

if (count($parent_option_values[$option_value_data['option_id']]) < 2) {
to

Code: Select all

if (count($parent_option_values[$option_value_data['option_id']]) < 1) {
kurta wrote:is the same thing that I was wondering.
This extension seemed to be combine multiple options, but the limitations of the use prevent.
As noted in the description, it doesn't combine options. It allows the standard select-type options to be conditionally displayed. The reason you can't have the same option value twice is because the current system wouldn't know which one you're referring to if it was set as a parent for another option value (there are also other reasons this is problematic with the way the system works but they're very complex).

I'm currently working on a rewrite of Dependent Options between all my other work which will get around some of these issues (two hours on it last night) but my time for big projects is extremely limited right now.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by kurta » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:05 am

Ok, I give up.
Use OpenCart to sell travel services, I am attaching a screenshot with a practical example of my situation, as you can see it is inevitable dupplicare values, but this is not to force you to waste any more time, I attach this only because it can be an idea for your future programming .
Thank you for your time.

Attachments

example.jpg

example.jpg (102.09 KiB) Viewed 2491 times

Location - Italy

Post by rph » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:28 am

Can you explain what I'm looking at? From what I can tell you don't need Dependent Options in that example because all rooms are available for all views.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by kurta » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:41 am

The product is the Resort.
The options are the rooms.
On 4 bedrooms corresponds 4 Single Room, 4 Double Room, 4 Triple Room.
The system does not accept because the value is used more than once.

Location - Italy

Post by rph » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:51 am

I don't see why you would need an option value more than once from the image you posted. I don't really see why you need Dependent Options at all when every single room count is available for every single view.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by kurta » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 am

if you see it, then they are rooms to duplicate itself, is the same thing

Location - Italy

Post by rph » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:40 am

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Please email me for continued support.

Edit: I'm also gonna take a guess here and say that a child option value can have more than one parent option value. You just have to control + mouse-click to add more than one.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by confuseddude » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi mate,

I've just been referred to your extension from the Mijoshop team.

We've made a booking site for people studying abroad.

What we're after is a clean way to display a price based on a number of options a customer can select:

There are at least 4 different variables, each of which affects the final price.

These variables are

1. type of accommodation
2. Food included (y / n)
3. Half or full day

They will all be tied to the fourth variable:

4. length of study.

For the length of study we have 16 or more different options. For the accommodation we can have up to five different options. Food is a yes or no. Half day / full day is another yes/no factor.

That means there are 16 x 5 x 2 x 2 different possible price options = 320

And perhaps a no accommodation option, which would make it 340 potential final prices.

I'm looking for something that can cleanly allow people to select their options and display a final price, without displaying all of the different prices in the drop down menus (again, there are just too many for it to work well).

Is your extension able to do that? I tried to work through the demo but it seemed better suited to something with a base price that other options could affect. My problem is that for some places, I can't really just have a base price, because all of the different factors dynamically affect the price.

The key to the whole thing is the length of time. If I can attach no specific price to a length of time, but have other factors attach themselves to that length, which then determines the their own quantity that would be perfect:

eg.

length = 2 months

Accommodation is type A, which for 2 months is 320.

Food is included, which for 2 months is 150

Full day, which for two month is 500

Giving the total, displayed price as 500 + 150 +320

Can the extension do work behind the scenes and only show the final price?

Thanks and I hope I've been clear enough to answer.

CD

Post by rph » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:42 pm

confuseddude wrote:Can the extension do work behind the scenes and only show the final price?
No.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by mmservicosweb » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:34 am

I had a problem here: In the shop, we have 3 dress sizes (Small, Medium and Large). And within each size, there are different colors. But unable to register in order to download the correct amount of stock every size and color. example:

Dress option 1 has color and size. In small sizeI have 30 dress, 5 yellow, 10 blue and 15 red. Asking 15 dresses of the same color (yellow or blue for example) it accepts. I could not make the system understand that within the 30 small, each color has a specific amount. How to adjust the module for this to work properly?

Thank you!

Post by bvsjake » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Do you know if "Dependent Options" compatible with "Product Option Image" ???

Link to Extension:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=9459

Post by rph » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:12 pm

I've answered these questions in the extension comments. I'd appreciate if they were asked in either the extension comments or forum thread but not both. It's too difficult to keep track of them that way.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by witalous » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:02 am

And then rph?

I really enjoyed your module, I think I'll buy it, but I need to take some questions:

Note: I will sell shirts!

1) I have the first level two models: Long Sleeve and Short Sleeve!

2) I have some color on the second level, and equal to each other in different models above!

3) The third level have the same sizes for levels up!

- This works in your module?

And when the merchandise example to follow (eg shirt: 1, style: short sleeve, color: green size: medium) is zeroed with the stock, related options will disappear automatically select the?

Thankful and waiting,
Witalo VS!

www.metaospano.com

Post by rph » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:40 pm

I've updated the first post with Frequently Asked Questions which should hopefully provide the answers you're looking for.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Renato Frota » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Hello, rph.

Witalo is brazilian, as me, and requested my help to ask you something that it important for his business.

I explained him that he need to configure his dependent options this way to achieve what he needs:

Option: Sleeve
- Short
- Long

Option: Color
Dependent on: Sleeve
- Black (Short) -> assigned only to Short
- Black (Long) -> assigned only to Long
- White (Short) -> assigned only to Short
- White (Long) -> assigned only to Long

Option: Size
Dependent on: Color
- Small (Black Short) -> assigned only to Black (Short)
- Small (Black Long) -> assigned only to Black (Long)
- Small (White Short) -> assigned only to White (Short)
- Small (White Long) -> assigned only to White (Long)
- Medium (Black Short) -> assigned only to Black (Short)
- Medium (Black Long) -> assigned only to Black (Long)
- Medium (White Short) -> assigned only to White (Short)
- Medium (White Long) -> assigned only to White (Long)

This will be some time consuming but it the way to result in a complete independent stocks for:

Short, Black, Small
Short, Black, Medium
Short, White, Small
Short, White, Medium
Long, Black, Small
Long, Black, Medium
Long, White, Small
Long, White, Medium

(I think it will clarify the thing for those with doubts about the dependent options with stock control necessities).

Now, the resting question: when user selects Short > Black >, will the last selector show only the > Small option, if Short Black Medium has no stock?

Thanks

Post by witalous » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Thanks @Renato Frota!

www.metaospano.com

Post by rph » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:15 am

Thanks Renato. The info you provided all appears to be correct.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by witalous » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:26 am

But I did not understand how it will be shown to the client options:

Type:

Short Sleeve or Short Sleeve (Black)
Long Sleeve or Long Sleeve (Black)

Colour:

Black or Black (Small)
White or White (Small)

Thank you!

www.metaospano.com

Post by rph » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:41 am

Between this and your other questions in the extension comments I would recommend that you don't buy this module.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by rdvapors » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:56 pm

I really enjoy this extension! It has increased my sales dramatically. I would however like to ask for a feature.

The quantity on the Data Tab does not reflect the quantity on the options.

Would it be possible to add all the options quantity and take that total to the Data Tab quantity?

Example:
option one qty; 1
option two qty; 2
option three qty; 3
total option qty = 6

Data Tab would reflect total qty = 6

Thanks for the great extension!