Post by stan1 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:14 am

Hi,

Just bought this and got it set up. I noticed the following:

- /index.php?route=account/logout page shares the success.tpl thus the e-commerce tracking code is also displayed here. Won't this throw off the tracking data?
- There is an error in the code of the xml file "<? } ?>" should be "<?php } ?>"
- There are no "" around <?php echo json_encode($product['name']); ?>, is this ok?

Thanks,

Post by stan1 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:46 am

Hi again,

I also notice you've use Asynchronous Syntax codes for e-commerce tracking while your code is injected within the <body></body> tag. Is this ok?

I just had an order go through for an itemA x 2 and the quantity in google is showing as only 1.

Post by spitos » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:48 pm

stan1 wrote:Hi,

Just bought this and got it set up. I noticed the following:

- /index.php?route=account/logout page shares the success.tpl thus the e-commerce tracking code is also displayed here. Won't this throw off the tracking data?
- There is an error in the code of the xml file "<? } ?>" should be "<?php } ?>"
- There are no "" around <?php echo json_encode($product['name']); ?>, is this ok?

Thanks,
Hi,

I've updated the extension for all versions so that the logout page uses a different version of success.tpl to avoid any possible conflict with tracking data. XML error has been fixed also. The lack of quotes around the product name are fine. Code is fine in the body tag. Not sure why quantity wasn't showing correctly when you looked in analytics, the xml coding issue was with the foreach statement so it might have only reported 1 product because of that. Keep an eye on it ;)

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK

Post by stan1 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:27 am

Thanks a lot for that.

One other thing: I use PayPal Pro Hosted and once PayPal confirms their transaction on the PayPal hosted page, they don't often return back to the success page of my shop. Would you have any idea how to deal with this kind of scenario?

Post by spitos » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:15 pm

Sorry, i wouldn't know. I don't use Paypal for transactions. I've had a quick look around the forum but couldn't find anything either, you might need to post a new thread.

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK

Post by stan1 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:46 am

- Ok it's showing correct quantity when the two items are different products. If its multiples of the same product it doesn't shows as only one in quantity, but the total transaction amount is correct. Any ideas?

- In places it is showing product price excluding tax.

- Also can I know why is billingaddress.tpl and shippingaddress.tpl necessary for this to work?

Post by spitos » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:44 pm

stan1 wrote:- Ok it's showing correct quantity when the two items are different products. If its multiples of the same product it doesn't shows as only one in quantity, but the total transaction amount is correct. Any ideas?

- In places it is showing product price excluding tax.

- Also can I know why is billingaddress.tpl and shippingaddress.tpl necessary for this to work?
It is showing the correct quantity for multiple products in a transaction in my analytics. Nobody else has mentioned this as a problem so far... What area of analytics do you see this?

What places is it showing prices excluding tax?

It uses the separate files in order for the funnel to work.

Location - UK

Post by stan1 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:38 am

In all sub section of E-commerce > Product Performance its showing:
- Quantity as 1 even when there were 2 bought of the same item
- Product Revenue and Average Price displayed excluding tax
In E-commerce > Transactions:
- Revenue displayed correctly, full price of purchase which also accounts for multiple items in single transaction
- Tax always displayed 0
- Quantity always displayed 1 regardless of multiple items per transaction

I can't see where I could have gone wrong is setting this up.

Post by stan1 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:16 pm

I think I figured out the reasons:

- The price comes directly from order_product table, which is price without tax, there is a 'tax' filed in that table which is not used in your code, so I can understand why google is showing the price without tax for the products.

- The quantity also comes straight from order_product table, but when you add same product twice to the cart (1 at a time) this creates two almost duplicate records in order_product table with each having same order_id, product_id, name, model, quantity, price, total, tax. Thus google is somehow treating this as duplicate record and only showing one. Here is an example data from order_product table, which i suspect is slipping through your code:

order_product_id order_id product_id name model quantity price total tax
113 206902 67 ProductA PRA 1 31.7727 31.7727 3.1773
114 206902 67 ProductA PRA 1 31.7727 31.7727 3.1773

Post by stan1 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:48 am

Upon further test the quantity problem seems to occur when you add two same items but with different options.

Post by spitos » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:30 am

Hi stan1,

The product price is used in Google Analytics for product revenue. Revenue is excluding VAT.
I will look at introducing the tax total which gets pushed to GA.

I will also test the quantity issue asap and let you know with the progress, it is a weird one... thanks for letting me know.

Location - UK

Post by vinhd » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:04 am

Hi,

I'm using your version 1.1 and it is not capturing the correct purchased numbers. It looks like a successful order was captured at "Confirm Order" instead of the last step "Purchase".

I see that you have updated to version 1.2. Do I have to remove/uninstall everything from your version 1.1 in order to upgrade to version 1.2? Does this version 1.2 fix the problem that I described above?

Thanks.

Post by spitos » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi vinhd,

The order number is only sent to GA when the order success page is shown, up until that point it does not know how to send the order to GA and is only tracking the funnel process.

If you update, you can simply upload all of the files again to your store and the existing ones will be overwritten.

Location - UK

Post by stan1 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:32 pm

HI,

I am waiting to create a new Analytics profile fresh with correct e-commerce data. Can I know when you are looking at fixing these issues?

Post by spitos » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:49 pm

I will hopefully have a chance over the next couple of days. It isn't an easy fix and as I have previously said i'll keep you posted with the progress. I haven't yet had a chance to look at it.

Please don't double post on here and the extension comments thread, it won't enable me to find a resolution any quicker!

Thanks.

Location - UK

Post by stan1 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Mate spitos it has been 9 days since the bugs were first mentioned and subsequently explained.
We've all got busy lives mate but, you are selling a $30 extension, it better be a priority at some point.

As it is currently, your extension is no good to me, meaning I would have just handed you over the 30 bucks for a laugh.
I am loosing valuable data as we speak, can you please step on it and get this sorted.

Thank you!

Post by kuzmanin » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi

I have installed opencart 1.4.9.1. I just want to install analytics goals. Is it going to work if I buy the module and then import xml to google analytics with my version of opencart?

10x in advance

Post by cybaspace » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:18 am

Hi,

One of the powerfull features of Adwords conversion tracking is that you can track the order total. This way you cannot only track the number of conversions made in Adwords, but also how much you have earned with a specific keyword / advert.

To make this work, the ordertotal have to be in the 'var google_conversion_value' variable in the Adwords tracking code wich is on the success page. Would that be possible with this extension (or maybe a nice feature? ;-)

Thanks.

Cheers,
Rob

Post by hoskingjustin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:44 am

Hi,

I am looking for someone that can give me some advice on installing google analytics on my opencart website.

I have purchased and installed 2 google analytics modules in my opencart admin which I have purchased off the opencart site, and while I can get them both communicating with google analytics (1 or the other) sending customer information - neither of the 2 are fully functional. The part I most want operational is the ecommerce tracking. And I just cant get this working!

I have contacted the designers of both of these modules, and they have both told me said that it is likely the file permissions that are causing the problem - I have tried all combinations on the files/folders including 644, 755 and 777 and none of them are working!

The modules have about 5 files that are placed in various folders on the website.

My website has the Shoppica theme installed - the website is www.sewpretty.co.nz. I do not have VqMod installed.

My website runs on a cloud server with rackspace. It does not have cpanel installed, the files are accessed via ftp

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Post by spitos » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:55 pm

cybaspace wrote:Hi,

One of the powerfull features of Adwords conversion tracking is that you can track the order total. This way you cannot only track the number of conversions made in Adwords, but also how much you have earned with a specific keyword / advert.

To make this work, the ordertotal have to be in the 'var google_conversion_value' variable in the Adwords tracking code wich is on the success page. Would that be possible with this extension (or maybe a nice feature? ;-)

Thanks.

Cheers,
Rob
Hi Rob,

I think this feature will be easy enough to setup and I will be developing the mod with lots more tracking features in the future. I am not able to test this out myself just yet but can you try adding this:

Code: Select all

<?php if(isset($orderDetails)) { ?>
var google_conversion_value = "<?php echo $orderDetails['total']; ?>";
<?php } ?>
In the adwords conversion script and let me know if it is working correctly please?

Thanks

Location - UK