Post by grahamdek » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:50 pm

Thank you Fido-X, I have reinstalled OC 1.5.1.3 again, installed VQmod and Store Manager

I have followed the above instruction and all seems to be well except for the category problem.

I have figured out what is happening, here goes...

In order for a category to display on the sub site YOU HAVE TO create a subcategory and place the products under the subcategory. You can't add products to the Parent Category. If you can please tell me how, because the block won't display until there is a product placed in the sub cat.

Now this is where the problem comes in, if I click on the parent category (logged in a store manager for that store) and edit under the "DATA" tab then everything goes to hell (including my sanity :) and the categories on the main site unhook themselves from the assigned parent category, then if I edit the store as MAIN ADMIN the Parent Category under the DATA tab has reset itself to NONE.

To fix this, the store manager should not have access to some of this assigned category settings, only to create a subcategory, is there something we can do about that?

Another example of the Store Manager messing things up on the Default site with having access to the parent category is, if they click on the DATA tab and select [TOP] then their category is placed on the top menu of the Default site.

Thank you

Location - South Africa

Post by grahamdek » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:14 am

Okay, I've tried bypassing this by removing access to the categories for the Store Manager Group, then adding the subcategory through the Main Admin, but the subcategory doesn't show up when logged in as the Store Manager.
I can't see any way around this unless we have the option of disabling edit on the Parent Category while logged in as the Store Manager.

Location - South Africa

Post by grahamdek » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:51 am

I see the check box has been removed from the parent category for the Store Manager Group, surly it will be similar to remove the [Edit] for this parent category too?

Location - South Africa

Post by silversurfer » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am

Hi,Fido-X

before buying your module i'd like to understand more in depth if it fits with my needs, and what it already does (and what it doesn't).

I'm using the 1.5.2.2 version, so first of all I'd like to know if you're workin on an update of your module or the 1.5.1.3 is working as well.

in short, the multi-store structure I need to build is:

1) a "main" store administering all products, categories, (...).
Here I'd like to see stats, reports, sales, (...) by store and store's settings (e.g. currency), like I logged in as the specific store owner.
It should work like a main control-panel, where I can insert/enable/disable/delete products for/from all stores.

2) separate stores selling all or just some of the categories/products (this means that a store might even sell ALL of the categories products, while another one for another country could have e.g. all the categories but not all of the products).
If i got it right, your module allows me to assign only 1 category to each sub-store? or does the Store Manager > Parent Category > --- None --- option mean "assign ALL parent categories"?

2b) creating a store for a specific country should allow me to populate the store with products bearing the settings (and price) previously set for that country (if another store had already been created for that country), otherwise populated with a standard set (whatever suits)

3) each store manager should see only data, stats and menus for his/her own store (and this seems to me it's already OK in your module)

4) each store should be able to display prices in its own currency WITHOUT converting tables.
(It should/could be filtered by country_id, assuming all stores selling in the same country display the same price, but this is not essential right now)
This means that the same product might sell for 15 USD in the USA store, 14 EUR in the France-based store and 20 EUR in the Germany-based store, which are obviously not simple rate-conversions.
This feature is crucial to me.

5) each storefront should display only modules and products according to store's id: the USA store will only list modules, products/prices/specials/discounts/reviews/(...) allowed for the specific store and manage orders/gifts/(...) by the same principle.
This also seems to me already doable using your module (except possibly for the price part).

Sorry if you already answered these questions somewhere else in this forum, but i got a little confused, since it seems that the main topic is the multi-vendor issue (and I'm of course following the multi-store path... :choke: ) and i couldn't find clear/specific answers to my doubts.
It's not that i'm asking you to build a custom-module, i just need to understand how far it meets my needs, then i can try to adapt it (i already enabled something similar for the 1.4.9.x version, but don't really want to go through that nightmare again, especially now that i found something close to perfection like your Multi-Vendor)

thanks for the patience in reading all this, and keep up your great work.

Post by fido-x » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:31 am

grahamdek wrote:In order for a category to display on the sub site YOU HAVE TO create a subcategory and place the products under the subcategory. You can't add products to the Parent Category.
This is how it's supposed to work. The "store category" that is created when you create a store through the Store Manager effectively "is" the sub-store. Adding a product to this category is basically the same as adding a product to the default store without linking it to a category.
grahamdek wrote:Now this is where the problem comes in, if I click on the parent category (logged in a store manager for that store) and edit under the "DATA" tab then everything goes to hell (including my sanity :) and the categories on the main site unhook themselves from the assigned parent category, then if I edit the store as MAIN ADMIN the Parent Category under the DATA tab has reset itself to NONE.
Can not recreate.
grahamdek wrote:To fix this, the store manager should not have access to some of this assigned category settings, only to create a subcategory, is there something we can do about that?
Users are able to edit this category. This is their store category, and they can edit the name of the category, the description and the image. The only improvement to this area that I can think of, would be the removal of the sub-store from the list of stores the category can be linked to. If linked to a sub-store, you will have problems.
grahamdek wrote:Another example of the Store Manager messing things up on the Default site with having access to the parent category is, if they click on the DATA tab and select [TOP] then their category is placed on the top menu of the Default site.
Any category with a parent id of "0" (ie. no parent) can be placed in the menu bar.

When you create a user or store through the Store Manager, you have the option to choose a parent category for the user or store category to appear under. If you don't select a parent category, then the user or store category will be a "top-level" category (ie. parent id of "0") and can be placed in the menu.
silversurfer wrote:I'm using the 1.5.2.2 version
The Store Manager is not compatible with OpenCart 1.5.2.

I will be updating, but it is not high on my list of priorities. When it comes to updating my modules for a new version of OpenCart, I put a higher priority on those modules that are the "mainstay" of my range (those that have been round the longest). This set of modules basically make up my "free range", (eg. Homepage, Event/Calendar, News/Blog, FAQ, PollPlus, Gallery). I also tend to wait until development (and bugfixes) have stabilized on the new version of OpenCart before I start.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by grahamdek » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:06 am

Thank you, I have two other questions.

1) I don't want to set the "Enable Multi-Store Entry Portal:" to yes, but I do want a link from the site to this page of stores, is there a link to take me to this page?

EDIT:

Question 2 solved:

2) I purchased another module that removes the "Add to Cart" from Product, featured, specials etc) but there are errors, I suspect it's conflicting with Store Manager. It's not really a module it's a "Find this Replace with that" but I have to have some stores being catalogs only.

Would changes to these file conflict with Store Manager?
If it is conflicting with Store Manager would I be able to make these changes to the store manager files? if so, which directory would I find them?

These are the files I need to edit

.../catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/product.tpl
.../catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/category.tpl
.../catalog/view/theme/default/template/module/bestseller.tpl
.../catalog/view/theme/default/template/module/featured.tpl
.../catalog/view/theme/default/template/module/latest.tpl
.../catalog/view/theme/default/template/module/special.tpl
.../catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/search.tpl
.../catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/compare.tpl
.../catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/manufacturer_info.tpl
.../catalog/view/theme/default/template/account/wishlist.tpl

-----SOLVED---- Anyone else that has this OUT OF STOCK module from GoGo and Store manager can make the changes in: VMOD/XML/store_manager_catalog.xml The find and replace works with this file for all areas.

Thank you

Location - South Africa

Post by silversurfer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:37 am

ok, thanks anyway.
i'll repost my questions when the time comes.

Post by grahamdek » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:50 am

Fido-X I need your help urgently, my site is ready to go live and I've been doing some tests and found a problem.

All my test store are using the same payment gateway and each time a store adds in their info it replaces the info for all the stores. My understanding was that each store could receive individual payments as indicated by your documentation...
provides proper multi-store support with independently configurable modules, shipping methods, payment gateways, order totals and product feeds.
Please can you let me know what the problem may be, this is extremely urgent.

Thank you

Location - South Africa

Post by mytindahan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi there fido-x,

Store Manager runs smoothly on my site. It is very nice however, I would like that each vendor/store also have their independent shopping carts. Thus, if a buyer adds products to his cart from vendor/store1 and vendor/Store2, when he check out from Store1, he will only submit and pay for products that belongs to Store1. Same as when the buyer also checkout from Store2.

I am hoping that, you can add this feature because it is necessary to prevent conflict between vendors/stores that are using different shipping rate and payment method.

This limitation prevents me from adding new vendor on my site.

--thank you and more coding power!!!

http://www.mytindahan.net

Post by niquey » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:05 am

Hi Fido-X,

I'm currently using your extension, but have run into a problem when uploading pictures. If I'm logged in as a store manager, when I upload an image to a directory, it places it in the root directory instead. Even if I create a new folder, it sees the new folder as a copy of the root directory and replicates all of the files inside. I have lots of folders created by the main site admin which I cannot see the contents - I assume this is working correctly due to the restrictions, but I cannot understand why as store manager I'm unable to upload new images to the folders I've created.

Really appreciate your help, thank you.

Post by niquey » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:41 am

sorry to explain better - what I think is happening is it lets me create a folder (when logged in as store manager), but it doesn't let me select it. If I create one, then try to upload a file, it tells me 'error - please select a directory'. If I click on the parent 'image' folder, then back on the new folder I've created, it only shows me the contents of the parent image folder.

So for some reason it seems like the new folders that I'm creating don't have permission for the store manager to view, even though I've created them as the store manager.

Post by fido-x » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:27 pm

grahamdek wrote:All my test store are using the same payment gateway and each time a store adds in their info it replaces the info for all the stores. My understanding was that each store could receive individual payments as indicated by your documentation...
provides proper multi-store support with independently configurable modules, shipping methods, payment gateways, order totals and product feeds.
The Store Manager provides independently configurable extensions (modules, shipping methods, payment gateways, order totals and product feeds) for all default extensions. Third party extensions are not, by default, supported as they are not included with OpenCart. If you are not getting the independent configuration, then the module, shipping method, payment gateway, order total or product feed is a 3rd party extension.

I am more than willing to provide support for 3rd party extensions, but you will have to send me a copy of the extension(s) that you are using (or intend using) so that I can build the vQmod .xml file to provide that support.
mytindahan wrote:... I would like that each vendor/store also have their independent shopping carts. Thus, if a buyer adds products to his cart from vendor/store1 and vendor/Store2, when he check out from Store1, he will only submit and pay for products that belongs to Store1. Same as when the buyer also checkout from Store2.

I am hoping that, you can add this feature because it is necessary to prevent conflict between vendors/stores that are using different shipping rate and payment method.
Not possible in 1.5.1.x to have separate shopping carts. The Store Manager does, however, prevent "cross-store" purchases. If a customer has an item in their shopping cart from store1 and goes to store2, they will not be able to add anything to their shopping cart from store2 until they have either purchased what's there (they get redirected back to store1 to complete their purchase) or emptied the shopping cart by removing the products.
niquey wrote:I'm currently using your extension, but have run into a problem when uploading pictures. If I'm logged in as a store manager, when I upload an image to a directory, it places it in the root directory instead. Even if I create a new folder, it sees the new folder as a copy of the root directory and replicates all of the files inside. I have lots of folders created by the main site admin which I cannot see the contents - I assume this is working correctly due to the restrictions, but I cannot understand why as store manager I'm unable to upload new images to the folders I've created.
One of the problems with bug reports is the ability to re-create the bug. I haven't seen this in my own test environment, however, I have recently been able to confirm this as a bug, thanks to the help of another customer who had the same problem.

I'm working on a fix for the above (and a couple of other bugs that have recently been found) and should have an update towards the end of Easter.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by mytindahan » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:13 pm

sent you email...

http://www.mytindahan.net

Post by grahamdek » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:39 am

I'd just like to say thank you to fixo-x, I did have a few problems but he has helped sort them out and also went further and fixed my payment gateway, thank you it's greatly appreciated.

Location - South Africa

Post by wappdesign » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:41 am

Hi fido-x,

Yesterday I bought the Store Manager and installed in on my copy of Open Cart 1.5.1.3. But I have trouble setting up the stores.

1) In my footer there is no link to the vendor page. How can I add it?
2) Can you please in a few short steps how to add a store? I can add users and stores but when I log in with the account of the new store manager, I am not able to add categories/products to this new store. I followed all steps in the installation guide but still I can not get it to work.

I hope you can help me out. Cause I don't mind spending money on a good package, but the off course I expect it to work :).

Post by kismitt » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi fido-x

Do you have a timeline when your Store Manager will be update to OC 1.5.2.1?

Post by wappdesign » Sat May 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Fido-x: Can you pm me your contact information? You are not replying my PM's. I spent quite a lot of money on your extension and I get no support at all setting up the module.

Post by grahamdek » Sat May 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi fido-x

There's a problem I'd like to know if you can fix.

When logged in as a store manager, I try copy a product but no new copy appears, I tried a few times but nothing.

Now when I log in as ADMIN and go to products, all the copies I made while logged as store manager have appeared in the product list, this could be quite annoying when other store owners try make copies and admin has to clean up the mess.

Thank you

Location - South Africa

Post by baillie11 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:41 am

Hi Fido,

Looks great.

Can you clrify - Is there any limit to the number of stores that can be created in Store Manager?

Also does it require a new sql database for each store?

Cheers

Post by grivates » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi baillie11,

I'm also a user for this extension, just to answer your question.

There is no limitation. You can add unlimited number of stores.

No need a new sql. It will use only 1 sql database.

Thank you.