Post by fido-x » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:37 pm

???

Sorry, but I don't understand your "yoda" talk. Please use plain English.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by masteryoda » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:36 am

fido-x wrote:???

Sorry, but I don't understand your "yoda" talk. Please use plain English.
get a super user. Ok.
the super user, admin panel, visible to only your added products.
This super-user, not see another user's products.

understand ?

Post by fido-x » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:59 am

masteryoda wrote:get a super user. Ok.
the super user, admin panel, visible to only your added products.
This super-user, not see another user's products.

understand ?
I understand this bit. However, it seems you don't understand what you're saying.

The "super user" is the top-level admin. The top-level admin has NO RESTRICTIONS.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by masteryoda » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:23 pm

get a user. Ok.
the user, admin panel, visible to only your added products.
This user, not see another user's products.
restriction will be based on the product.

Post by masteryoda » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 pm

okay the problem is fixed.

solution :
Extension Name : Category Owner

Thank you.

Post by grivates » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:19 am

Thanks masteryoda for sharing your solution.. but doest it work for OC 1.5.1.xx?

Post by Renato Frota » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:07 am

masteryoda wrote:okay the problem is fixed.

solution :
Extension Name : Category Owner

Thank you.
Or you could simple create a "non-super user" account to have your own store inside this multi-user store system...
fido-x wrote:
zaja wrote:... opening a completely separate web stores for each client, I'm not interested in shopping mall model.
Do you think that this is possible out of the box?
The only "real" difference between what you're saying and a "shopping mall" is in the way you set up your domains. In a "shopping mall" model, all stores would be sub-domains of the main site, eg:
  • www.yourstore.com
    store1.yourstore.com
    store2.yourstore.com
    store3.yourstore.com, etc.
Whereas, in your "model", the layout would be more like:
But is it possible to set full domains (properly pointed to the main system domain), instead subdomains?
fido-x wrote:
zaja wrote:I have some custom Payment modules for latest OpenCart, will this work with your mod?
All built-in modules and extensions are supported. Support can be included for 3rd party modules by request.
But are the built-in modules modified (using vQmod) in your system or they work exactly as they come from default OC?
fido-x wrote:
zaja wrote:1. Is it possible that each store work on a separate domain?
Should be. However, customers will not be able to make cross-store purchases, as cookies are domain-based.
I did not understood your answer to this... I was not able to do 'cross-store' purchases in "Karl's Cameras" and "Larry's Laptops" as well.

Actually, I'm wondering how the "mall" works!! There, I was able to put both products in cart. Who would receive the payment? Who will see the order?
fido-x wrote:
Renato Frota wrote:... if it works this way than people interested in a "single-store/multi-vendors" system where the store owner is responsible for shipping the products ...
That's exactly how OpenCart works. The store owner (not the vendor) is responsible for shipping. This is because OpenCart has been designed for use by a SINGLE vendor. Even in a "multi-store" environment, ALL stores are owned by that single vendor.
Then you went back in this (now the store owners are a "real store owner", responsible for sales, payments, SHIPPING, modules, themes, layouts, banners, ALL configs in the admin panel?)?

Post by pressplay » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi,

I see how this all works, and i know this has been mentioned a few times i just want to clear it up.

1. Is it correct that each store accepts its own payments, IE each store can add their paypal account to accept payments or bank deposit etc.?

2. Each store handles its own orders, main admin does not need to do anything ?

So in summary, please correct if i have this wrong.
I am main admin so i can allow "other users" to set up a completely independant store. That "user" manages their own store just like any other opencart site. Only difference being that site is accessed thru the main store front.

So i can have a site that has on the home page, logos, info, links or whatever to all the "users" sites/stores. If a customer purchases from 1 store they need to complete checkout and pay that store. If they choose to purchase from multiple stores they need to complete checkout and pay each store individually.

-------
Can my site (main admin store front) display items from several stores on homepage if required, Those items when clicked would take customer to that particular stores item page for customer to complete purchase ?

Post by fido-x » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:21 pm

pressplay wrote:1. Is it correct that each store accepts its own payments, IE each store can add their paypal account to accept payments or bank deposit etc.?
Yes.
2. Each store handles its own orders, main admin does not need to do anything ?
Yes.
So in summary, please correct if i have this wrong.
I am main admin so i can allow "other users" to set up a completely independant store. That "user" manages their own store just like any other opencart site. Only difference being that site is accessed thru the main store front.
Yes.
So i can have a site that has on the home page, logos, info, links or whatever to all the "users" sites/stores. If a customer purchases from 1 store they need to complete checkout and pay that store. If they choose to purchase from multiple stores they need to complete checkout and pay each store individually.
Yes.
Can my site (main admin store front) display items from several stores on homepage if required, Those items when clicked would take customer to that particular stores item page for customer to complete purchase ?
Yes. This is an optional setting added to the latest bugfix release.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by Renato Frota » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:20 am

I saw your last update:
fido-x wrote:Optional "sub-store" links, changes the link for a store category to link to the store instead of sub-category on main site. When this option is selected, product links will also link to the product page on the sub-store instead of the main site.
But what occurs when this option is not enabled?

Who will receive the payment? Who will be able to see the order?

Post by fido-x » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:36 am

Renato Frota wrote:But what occurs when this option is not enabled?

Who will receive the payment? Who will be able to see the order?
Since the order has been placed through the main store, purchasing products available from the main store, the main store owner will receive the payment. This is always the case for the main (or default) store.

The user's view is tailored to provide the overview (on the dashboard page) to show sales figures of orders made through their stores, as are the entries under the "Sales" menu. For a full product purchased report, users can use the regular product purchases report, which reports sales of all products owned by that user.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by chrisg42 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Does store manager allow the Mall owner or super user to bill the individual store owners? Like changing store rent in a bricks and mortar mall.

Post by fido-x » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:43 am

chrisg42 wrote:Does store manager allow the Mall owner or super user to bill the individual store owners? Like changing store rent in a bricks and mortar mall.
The Store Manager does not "include" any type of commissions system for charging rent to store owners. I don't feel it is necessary to "re-invent the wheel". OpenCart already has an affiliate system in place that can be used for this purpose.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by fido-x » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:01 pm

Updated
Fixes a "minor" issue with displaying a "null" value on some pages where the "Add to Cart" button used to be when "Sub-Store Links" are activated.

Improved validation for users. Users can not be deleted if they manage any stores, or have a "user category" on the main store.

Prevention of cross-store purchases has been added.

Added feature: Store managers now have a "theme selector" for when they are logged in to the admin (sample theme included in the updated package).

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by cosmicx » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:45 pm

so this involves one instance of opencart installation, and then apply the mod, to make the open cart installation a multi-vendor open cart site?

if that is so, can we measure bandwidth requirement for this? and can we monitor the bandwidth consumption of each store, in the multi-vendor opencart site?

Post by Pukka » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:44 am

Would this mod allow me to launch a marketplace site like Etsy or similar to it?

Post by landrius » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:25 am

Founded bugs:
1) Store managers can't create "Options", throws errors, admin users can do this just fine
2) On product creation form - attribute tab, when trying to add attribute, attribute suggestions drop down box don't show up
3) On product creation form - options tab, when trying to add option, option suggestions drop down box show's up, but displays options from all store managers, not only the current one
4) If a store manager disables one of his categories, it get's hidden and can only be re-enabled by admin
5) I guess this is not a bug, but right now all store managers share same manufacturers, I think that each manager should have their own manufacturers

Tested this on store_manager1513h
Hope to get fixes soon,
Thanks!

Post by fido-x » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:54 am

Bugfix update released. Fixes the following bugs:
landrius wrote:Founded bugs:
1) Store managers can't create "Options", throws errors, admin users can do this just fine
2) On product creation form - attribute tab, when trying to add attribute, attribute suggestions drop down box don't show up
3) On product creation form - options tab, when trying to add option, option suggestions drop down box show's up, but displays options from all store managers, not only the current one
4) If a store manager disables one of his categories, it get's hidden and can only be re-enabled by admin
The following is not a bug.
5) I guess this is not a bug, but right now all store managers share same manufacturers, I think that each manager should have their own manufacturers
Manufacturers are "pooled" for all users to access. This prevents "duplication" of manufacturers.

For example, on the demo site, there are 3 stores selling products manufactured by Apple. The default store is selling an iMac, "Larry's Laptops" is selling Macintosh PowerBooks and "Mike's Mobiles" is selling iPods and iPhones. If each user (manager) had their own "version" of Apple, sure, they would only see their own "Apple" manufacturer when they logged in, but if Larry links his "Apple" to the default store and Mike links his "Apple" to the default store as well, the default store will now have 3 links to the "Apple" brand on the manufacturer list page, each with a different set of products.

When the top-level admin logs in to the administration, they would see ALL "Apple" manufacturers in the list and would have no way of knowing which was theirs.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by skunkfu » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:57 pm

I would like to reiterate the question from Pukka. I'm hoping to create an etsy/folksy like marketplace where local artists can sell their arts/crafts on the site while also promoting them.

The plan is to replace 'manufacturers' with 'artists' and have sellers sell their products under their own name. Once a customer buys off the site, a commission of, say 20%, would be deducted from the price and the rest is sent to the seller. The seller then sends the product and the order is complete.

Is this possible with your extension fido-x?

Thanks!

Post by fido-x » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:32 pm

The "j" release is now available. Fixes another bug I found just after the "i" release. Funny how you always seem to find another bug after releasing a bugfix update.

I've added in a new option for "independent manufacturers". When this is turned on, users/vendors will have their own manufacturers rather than access to a "pool" of manufacturers. When turned off, all manufacturers are "pooled".
skunkfu wrote:I would like to reiterate the question from Pukka. I'm hoping to create an etsy/folksy like marketplace where local artists can sell their arts/crafts on the site while also promoting them.

The plan is to replace 'manufacturers' with 'artists' and have sellers sell their products under their own name. Once a customer buys off the site, a commission of, say 20%, would be deducted from the price and the rest is sent to the seller. The seller then sends the product and the order is complete.

Is this possible with your extension fido-x?

Thanks!
Basically, yes.

All users/vendors (or, in your case, artists) handle their own payment gateways and shipping methods. The top-level admin can collect their commission through the affiliate system that's already in OpenCart.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member