Post by fido-x » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:57 pm

fido-x wrote:The only thing left that I can think of at the moment is an email to inform a user (vendor) if their account has been disabled or "suspended" for some reason ...
Done.

Just got the documentation to go (unless I think of something else ;D ).

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by Renato Frota » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:05 am

Hi.

What if a customer add 2 items from different vendors in the cart?

How is shipping calculated? Who will receive the payment?

Post by fido-x » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:14 am

Renato Frota wrote:Hi.

In a "single-store" setup, whether operating as single-vendor or multi-vendor, all shipping methods are controlled by the top-level admin. The same applies to payment gateways. All payments will go through the top-level admin's payment processor.

In a multi-store setup, each store has its own shipping methods and payment gateways. Since these can be configured on a store-by-store basis, the payment will go through the store owner's payment processor.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by Renato Frota » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:00 pm

fido-x wrote:
Renato Frota wrote:Hi.

In a "single-store" setup, whether operating as single-vendor or multi-vendor, all shipping methods are controlled by the top-level admin. The same applies to payment gateways. All payments will go through the top-level admin's payment processor.

In a multi-store setup, each store has its own shipping methods and payment gateways. Since these can be configured on a store-by-store basis, the payment will go through the store owner's payment processor.
I think you should look into improving this.

In a single-store with multi vendors (do you mean a store marketplace like ebay, right?), what if you (store-owner) are from California, have a vendor from South Carolina, and a customer from North Caroline buy an item? I guess shipping from SC to NC is way cheaper than CA to NC. At least here in my country, this kind of distance difference would double or triple the shipping cost. In this case, the shipping method should consider the vendor address (zip code, probably) and the customer address.

Also, if the SC customer buy 2 items, 1 from a vendor in NC (like above) + 1 item from a vendor in your state (CA), he should be charged for 2 shippings. Or you will lose money.

Post by grivates » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:34 pm

Yes, is there any solution for this problem especially when order made from 2 diff vendor that locates from 2 diff location..?

Is it possible to use individual shipping cost according to the vendor origin?

Post by fido-x » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Renato Frota wrote:In a single-store with multi vendors (do you mean a store marketplace like ebay, right?)
Wrong. Think "bricks and mortar" -- multiple vendors operating under the same roof. I'll give you an example.

Suppose we have a store called, "Hardly Normal" that sells white goods (fridges, washing machines, etc.), electrical goods (TVs, hi-fi, etc.), video games, computers and furniture.

Each department within that store is operated by a different vendor (or franchisee), all in the same physical store, under the same roof. All payments, shipping, etc. are handled by the owner of that physical store (ie. "Hardly Normal"), not by the individual franchisee within the store. This is how a "single-store/multi-vendor" setup works in the "real" world.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by grivates » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Each department within that store is operated by a different vendor (or franchisee), all in the same physical store, under the same roof. All payments, shipping, etc. are handled by the owner of that physical store (ie. "Hardly Normal"), not by the individual franchisee within the store. This is how a "single-store/multi-vendor" setup works in the "real" world.
Is there any alternative or option to apply the multi-shipping rates for multi-vendor where the vendors themself will do the shipping for the store owner direct to the store customer?

Post by fido-x » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:42 pm

grivates wrote:Is there any alternative or option to apply the multi-shipping rates for multi-vendor where the vendors themself will do the shipping for the store owner direct to the store customer?
OpenCart is designed to be used as either "single vendor/single store" or "single vendor/multi-store". In both cases, all shipping, payments, order totals, product feeds, modules, etc. are only configurable by that single vendor and apply to all stores. So, the answer to your question is: no, not in a single store setup.

What this mod does, is add "multi-vendor/single store", "multi-vendor/multi-store" and improved "single vendor/multi-store".

With the "multi-vendor/single store" setup, restrictions are applied to vendors with regard to products, categories, information pages, downloads, attributes, etc., but they can NOT configure modules, payments, shipping, order totals, product feeds, etc.

With "multi-store", regardless of whether you are running "multi-vendor" or "single vendor", each store can be configured INDEPENDENTLY.

For example: you can use flat rate shipping in all stores, but with a different rate per store, you can use the same payment gateway (eg. PayPal), with a different account per store, you can configure different modules (or the same modules) to appear on different pages per store, you can have the order totals sorted in a different order on each store, etc.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by grivates » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:10 pm

So, there is no such a way to create a individual shipping rate according to vendor for multi-vendor store?

I found in OC extension there is an individual shipping cost but it according to the products not vendor, if we install it to the OC, can it be apply to all of our sub-store if we are using multi-store regardless of single or multi-vendor?

Post by fido-x » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:24 pm

grivates wrote:So, there is no such a way to create a individual shipping rate according to vendor for multi-vendor store?
That's right. You can't create an individual shipping rate for multi-vendors in a single store setup. And in a standard OpenCart, you can't do it for multi-store either.
I found in OC extension there is an individual shipping cost but it according to the products not vendor, if we install it to the OC, can it be apply to all of our sub-store if we are using multi-store regardless of single or multi-vendor?
With this mod, if you are using multi-store, you can configure ANY setting individually for each store. So, with the extension you mentioned, it would have to configured for each store.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by Renato Frota » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:50 am

fido-x wrote:OpenCart is designed to be used as either "single vendor/single store" or "single vendor/multi-store". In both cases, all shipping, payments, order totals, product feeds, modules, etc. are only configurable by that single vendor and apply to all stores. So, the answer to your question is: no, not in a single store setup.

What this mod does, is add "multi-vendor/single store", "multi-vendor/multi-store" and improved "single vendor/multi-store".
Cool. But... I got this point since the beginning! I'm ASKING/SUGGESTING something to make your module BETTER.
With the "multi-vendor/single store" setup, restrictions are applied to vendors with regard to products, categories, information pages, downloads, attributes, etc., but they can NOT configure modules, payments, shipping, order totals, product feeds, etc.

With "multi-store", regardless of whether you are running "multi-vendor" or "single vendor", each store can be configured INDEPENDENTLY.
If I want multi stores and a high level of customization, I would simply setup multiple OpenCart stores or use the built-in multi-store function...

For a new operation mode ("single-store/multi-vendor") where products are shipped by the vendors (a marketplace), the shipping cost SHOULD be calculated based in the vendor location. You can't avoid it...

Simply add a ZIP code input field in the vendor profile. Then, we adjust our shipping modules to grab the ZIP from the product vendor profile and NOT from the store config. We can use a module for product by product shipping, like this: http://www.getclearthinking.com/store/i ... t-shipping

You will have a LOT more people interested if it works this way than people interested in a "single-store/multi-vendors" system where the store owner is responsible for shipping the products (a very low percentage of stores have payments conditions like "pay vendor after the product is sold" - we have word for this business model in my country: consignação - translated by Google as "consignment" - I dunno if it's right).

If the store owner is responsible for shipping, he will hardly be interested in leaving the responsibility of registering products and managing order to his vendors.

Post by fido-x » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:28 am

Renato Frota wrote:If I want multi stores and a high level of customization, I would simply setup multiple OpenCart stores or use the built-in multi-store function...
Sure, you can use multiple installations if you don't want to buy this. Mind you, you'll have to pay your hosting service a fee for hosting each of these sites. You'll also have multiple databases to maintain.

The built-in multi-store features of OpenCart are designed to work with a single vendor and a single database, and regardless of where those stores are located, ALL payments, shipping, etc. go through the main store.
Renato Frota wrote:For a new operation mode ("single-store/multi-vendor") where products are shipped by the vendors (a marketplace), the shipping cost SHOULD be calculated based in the vendor location. You can't avoid it...
In a standard OpenCart, admin user profiles only contain username, first name, last name, email, user group, password, password confirmation and status. No postcode. Shipping costs are NOT based on vendor location, they are based on product location.

The product-by-product shipping module you pointed to (from reading the description) allows the customer to choose a different shipping method for each product that they purchase (eg. UPS for Product A, flat rate for Product B, per item for Product C, weight-based for Product D, etc.). But, ALL products are still shipped from the SAME location.
Renato Frota wrote:... if it works this way than people interested in a "single-store/multi-vendors" system where the store owner is responsible for shipping the products ...
That's exactly how OpenCart works. The store owner (not the vendor) is responsible for shipping. This is because OpenCart has been designed for use by a SINGLE vendor. Even in a "multi-store" environment, ALL stores are owned by that single vendor.
Renato Frota wrote:(a very low percentage of stores have payments conditions like "pay vendor after the product is sold" - we have word for this business model in my country: consignação - translated by Google as "consignment" - I dunno if it's right)
Actually, that's not how "consignment" works. In a "consignment" situation, you are not selling the product yourself, someone else is selling it for you.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by fido-x » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Yet Another Progress Report
I think this baby's ready.

Fixed a problem I found with users adding manufacturers to their store. This was because I was using the default "editManufacturer()" function, which deletes all entries in the manufacturer_to_store table before updating with the new information. Since the stores listed are only those owned (or managed) by the logged in user, plus the default store. When updated, entries linking this manufacturer with stores other than those owned/managed by the logged in user, were also being removed from the manufacturer_to_store table. I've fixed this, so that only the stores listed are impacted.

The store creation process has been slightly improved. Not only is a default set of layouts created for the new store, a set of "Order Totals" is also created, based on the sort order and status (and any other settings) of those currently installed on the main store.

I've added an optional "portal" type entry page. What this does is turn your site's landing page (ie. no route) into a type of "portal", displaying the logos of the stores operating under your banner. Customers can then choose which store they wish to visit from this page.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by zaja » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:30 am

Fido, are you ready for an early sale, I am willing to give you the money upfront if you offer a discount for paying in advance?

Post by fido-x » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Now available at: This "plug-in" provides full multi-vendor and proper multi-store support, allowing you to use your OpenCart system as a "mall", with users (vendors) managing their own products, categories, downloads, etc., and provides proper multi-store support with independently configurable modules, shipping methods, payment gateways, order totals and product feeds.

How Does It Work?
At it's heart is the "Store Manager" module. This module allows you to manager your stores and users more efficiently.

Stores created/managed through the "Store Manager" module, will be allocated a user to "manage" the store from a pool of "store managers". This pool of "store managers" are admin users who are members of the Store Managers admin user group. These users have a restricted view of the administration, with access only to their own categories, products, downloads, information pages, etc.

When a "store manager" logs in to the admin, they are presented with a tailored view, starting from the dashboard page. All information here (summary, statistics graphs, last 10 orders) is specific to the store(s) owned by the logged in user. They will only be able to access their own categories, products, downloads, informations and reviews on their products. All built-in reporting is also tailored to the user's store(s).

Users can create their own categories/sub-categories which will appear as sub-categories/sub-sub-categories (etc) under their category on the main site (if the default store is selected) and/or as categories/sub-categories (etc) on the user's site (if their store is selected).

OpenCart compatibility: Built and tested on version 1.5.1.3.1, although should work with all 1.5.1.x releases.

Demo at: http://dev151.fido-x.net/.

Documentation included.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by zaja » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:24 pm

Sorry if you already answered these questions, but please brief answers to the following:
--------------
1. Is it possible that each store work on a separate domain?
2. Can each store have their own extensions enabled or disabled, including payment gateways and shipping methods?
3. Can each store have their own template for the front end?
4. Is it possible that global admin define a list of available extensions for each shop separately, independently of the other?
5. When I'm loged in as Larry, why I have option to select other stores under Store front link? Also, selecting extensions > payment, why I need to select my store here?
http://screencast.com/t/9bb6IELl
6. As shop owner, do I have complete control over the structure of categories? I'm not sure I understand how categories work, how to edit/change root categories?
http://screencast.com/t/tdJTh2tk8B
7. In short, is it possible that your module can transform OpenCart into a platform for opening completely separate web stores?

Thanks

Post by fido-x » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:57 pm

zaja wrote:Sorry if you already answered these questions, but please brief answers to the following:
--------------
1. Is it possible that each store work on a separate domain?
Should be. However, customers will not be able to make cross-store purchases, as cookies are domain-based.
2. Can each store have their own extensions enabled or disabled, including payment gateways and shipping methods?
Yes.
3. Can each store have their own template for the front end?
Yes.
4. Is it possible that global admin define a list of available extensions for each shop separately, independently of the other?
No. Not necessary, since each store is independently configurable. All extensions are available (with the exception of the Store Manager module).
5. When I'm logged in as Larry, why I have option to select other stores under Store front link? Also, selecting extensions > payment, why I need to select my store here?
Configuration is on a store-by-store basis. Larry may have more than one store to manage. Only those stores that are "owned" (or managed) by Larry will be listed.
6. As shop owner, do I have complete control over the structure of categories? I'm not sure I understand how categories work, how to edit/change root categories?
Yes. When a user (or store) is created through the store manager, a category is created on the main store for that user (or store). Any categories created by the user will be sub-categories of that category on the main store. The first level of sub-categories will be the "top" level of categories on the user's store when linked to that store.
7. In short, is it possible that your module can transform OpenCart into a platform for opening completely separate web stores?
Yes.

And all from a single install of OpenCart with a single database.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by zaja » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Thanks Fido,
I have more questions if you're in the mood for answering. :)

My questions relate to the transformation of OpenCart store into a platform for "Software as Service" business model, opening a completely separate web stores for each client, I'm not interested in shopping mall model.
Do you think that this is possible out of the box?

I have some custom Payment modules for latest OpenCart, will this work with your mod? Does your module change the extensions or core files?

Are the images, download files and theme stored physically separately for each shop (separate directories)?

Does the module comes with some sort of sign up form that the new store owner need to fill?

Post by fido-x » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:45 pm

zaja wrote:... opening a completely separate web stores for each client, I'm not interested in shopping mall model.
Do you think that this is possible out of the box?
The only "real" difference between what you're saying and a "shopping mall" is in the way you set up your domains. In a "shopping mall" model, all stores would be sub-domains of the main site, eg:
  • www.yourstore.com
    store1.yourstore.com
    store2.yourstore.com
    store3.yourstore.com, etc.
Whereas, in your "model", the layout would be more like:
zaja wrote:I have some custom Payment modules for latest OpenCart, will this work with your mod?
All built-in modules and extensions are supported. Support can be included for 3rd party modules by request.
zaja wrote:Does your module change the extensions or core files?
Any and all modifications to core files are done with vQmods.
zaja wrote:Are the images, download files and theme stored physically separately for each shop (separate directories)?
No. They are all stored in the regular directories. You can create sub-directories under these to keep things separate, if you wish.
zaja wrote:Does the module comes with some sort of sign up form that the new store owner need to fill?
There is an application form on the front-end of the main store. Follow the "Vendors" link in the "Extras" column in the footer of the demo.

Note: this link does not appear on sub-stores, only on the main site.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by masteryoda » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:03 pm

fido-x wrote:
grivates wrote:So, there is no such a way to create a individual shipping rate according to vendor for multi-vendor store?
That's right. You can't create an individual shipping rate for multi-vendors in a single store setup. And in a standard OpenCart, you can't do it for multi-store either.
With this mod, if you are using multi-store, you can configure ANY setting individually for each store. So, with the extension you mentioned, it would have to configured for each store.
Hi Fido-x,
your product was very nice. Congratulations.
But, now more than me content and capabilities of this product.

You have a question, answer d be very happy.
I just want to do;
Log in with your user have admin panel to the user who would like to see not only their own products. If the user not see any of the other products.
Admin panel, creating a product, the product model information of the username field in the user table as I write, I record it. Thus, where a sentence of anywhere with the user name with the name of the model provides at least the same as those listed.
But of course this does not work alone, because the products of everybody else will see this time again.
Log in with your user have admin panel to the user who would like to see not only their own products. If the user not see any of the other products. How should we do, have it in the hands, which are fully resolved.