Post by affect » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:33 pm

Overwhelmed with questions about your products? Answer them once and for all with our extension!

Product Question is a simple and elegant extension for OpenCart that lets your visitors ask questions about your products and receive answers via email. Question and answer pairs are then displayed on the product page which essentially forms a frequently asked questions list for the product. Furthermore, multiple languages are also supported!

Save yourself trouble of answering same questions over and over and provide your visitors with prompt answers to their questions in their own language. Never let a potential customer anyone leave unsatisfied!

Prerequisites:
* You need vQmod installed for this module to work.

Features:
- Multiple language support
- Easy to manage questions
- New question and answer email notices
- Translatable email templates
- Possibility to restrict maximum question length
- Configurable pagination

Changes in Version 2:
- Multiple language support
- Pagination in both back office and front office
- AJAX functions for question editing and deletion in the admin area
- Question list in the admin area now also shows user's name and email
- Mails are now stored as templates
- Mail contents is now translatable

Compatibility: OpenCart 1.5.x

Demo: http://opencart.ffct.cc/index.php?route ... duct_id=41

Buy it from our store and get a discount: http://store.ffct.cc/oopencart-product-question/

Also available on OpenCart Extensions: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=3096

Contact us at info@ffct.cc for any questions.

Attachments

opencart-product-question-featured-2.jpeg

opencart-product-question-featured-2.jpeg (130.91 KiB) Viewed 3425 times

Last edited by affect on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

MultiMerch Marketplace for OpenCart

Post by jomeza001 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:36 am

Hey Man. just for the record, i just installed this mod in my 1.5.1 and when i try to see a products details, it gives me blank window with the following error :

Error: Table 'palace.productquestion' doesn't exist
Error No: 1146
SELECT count(*) as cnt FROM productquestion q WHERE id_product = 90 AND q.`display` = 1

In Admin>Modules>vQmod it shows this mod as enabled and no error log is generated.

???

Post by affect » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:40 pm

Yeah because you need to install it via Backend - Extensions - Modules first. It's in the readme too. :)

Post by jomeza001 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:04 pm

You were right. I thought you mean installing this in vQmod menu but i just found out i must install this in "Admin>Extension>Module" not vQmod.

Tnx.
Last edited by jomeza001 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by affect » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:07 pm

It should be Admin>Extensions>Modules>Product Questions

Post by jomeza001 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:10 pm

Tnx. Fixed. Now i have one issue.

1.- I submitted a Product Question. So i received two email notifications: User and Admin. The Admin gets an email with a Valid Link to the product qith a new question. However the User gets an invalid URL link:

http://index.php/?route=product/product&product_id=104

The link is missing the root <www.mysite/shop.com>. How do i fix this?

Tnx.

Post by affect » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:22 am

It looks like OpenCart doesn't store the url of the shop admin config, that's why it works for frontend mails but not for backend.

I don't know if it's a bug of a feature, I'll have to find it out and also find a different way to retrieve the url. Meanwhile you can hardcode it by editing the file admin/model/module/productquestion.php and changing the line

Code: Select all

$baseurl = $this->config->get('config_url');
to

$baseurl = 'http://www.mysite.com/';
That should do it for now, I'll try to find a decent solution.

Post by jomeza001 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:16 am

Ok. I'm really pleased with this mod. However i found four more issues.

1.- I tested sending as a user the following product question:

testing < > $ &
But the message changes in Admin. This is what i see in Admin:

Testing < > $ &

If i answer using the same simbols the answer:

testing < > $ &
will display correctly.

2.- My store name in OC>Admin>Settings is "MyShop.com Parts & Accesories" and i guess you are taking this variable to compose the email notifications on this Mod. However the email notifications received by the user reads "MyShop.com Parts &Amp; Accesories"

3.- When the Admin receive an email notification that someone has submited a Q, in my inbox i read this:

myFTPusername@cx104.myHostingprovider.com

I think the Admins would like to see the email from the sender so we could probably reply with the answer directly from my email account and maybe later get into my Admin and manage the bunch of question/answers.

4.- For us with an OC in more than one language, what is the procedure to have this mod in both languages?

Loving this Mod. Tnx.

Post by affect » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:30 am

Thanks for noticing.

I'm fixing html characters now.

I'll also add a From and Reply-To headers, but it'll depend on the mailserver if they'll be overwritten or not. Maybe I'll add a line with customers email too in message body.

Regarding languages: currently only one language is supported. I might add multilang support to this module later.

Post by jomeza001 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:03 am

affect wrote:It looks like OpenCart doesn't store the url of the shop admin config, that's why it works for frontend mails but not for backend.

I don't know if it's a bug of a feature, I'll have to find it out and also find a different way to retrieve the url. Meanwhile you can hardcode it by editing the file admin/model/module/productquestion.php and changing the line

$baseurl = $this->config->get('config_url');
to

$baseurl = 'http://www.mysite.com/';
That should do it for now, I'll try to find a decent solution.
Ok i did this change and the URL link in the email answer notification takes you to the Product in mention.

However when you click on the Questions Tab, it will not display the question/answer. Actually it only will display a blank row. So not even the input text boxes.

Funny thing is this happens only if you were redirected from that email notification URL. If i go to the web store and get into that product it will display the question and Answer.

Post by affect » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:33 pm

Thanks for your testing.

I've just released the new version 1.2 of Product Question module. :)

Changes in 1.2:
* Fixed HTML character decoding.
* Fixed broken product link in admin-side email.
* Added a Reply-To header to the customer's email.
* Added customer's email and a link to the shop to the customer's mail body.
* Updated template selection. This will make the module fetch templates from custom themes first.
* Modified vqmod xml. This should improve compatibility with heavily modified custom themes.
* Added instructions for custom themes to the README.

Those who've got an older version can contact me and I'll send you the new one. 8)

Post by affect » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:44 am

Now I need some more feedback from you guys.

I'm currently planning to improve backend questions list appearance to make it more readable (something like that is currently done for Question&Answer module, see screenshot: http://store.ffct.cc/image/cache/data/o ... 00x600.png).

My main question now is whether it's more sane to have all questions/answers displayed in a single list (like it is now, just better appearance) OR per product in a separate Questions tab on the product edit screen in backend. I can imagine a full list is easier to manage if you don't have too many products, but it can be an issue if you have thousands of them. On the other hand, working with questions for every product one by one can be difficult too.

What are your thoughts on this? Also if you have other suggestions, let me know.

Cheers,
Martin

Post by affect » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:41 am

You're not too active ;D

Anyway, a new update to the module! Fixed a couple of bugs as well as modified list of questions in backend to pretty it up a bit 8)

For a full list of changes see changelog in the description.

As always, updates are free.

Meanwhile, we'll be working on multilang support.

Post by affect » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:23 am

You're still not too actuve, but I'll keep you updated anyway. New major Version 2 of the extension has been released! :joker:

The biggest and coolest feature that has been added is multiple language support!. Now your visitors can ask question and receive answers in their language if it is enabled in your store.

Other changes include customizable mail templates, pagination and ajax functions in the admin area for a more convenient question management process as well as restyled question and answer list, translatable mails and more!

Updates are, as always, free! If you are updating from an older version, be sure to read the update guide included in the archive.

Hope you enjoy the new version! :)