Post by countzer0 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi Jimmy

Since the new version of this module has a different architecture, I want to completely uninstall V4 before installing the new one. What is the uninstall procedure, and do I have to remove any tables in the database?

Regards,

Robin

A happy OpenCart developer from Brighton.

Location - Brighton, UK

Post by NMG » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:10 am

This is probably going to sound stupid...

I have been a loyal user of CMS Blog for some time now since Opencart 1.5. Today I upgraded my Opencart to V1.5.3.1. I also downloaded the latest version of CMS Blog to install into the new version. Everything installed without a glitch. No errors. Great improvements by the way!

Now the Q... How on earth to do I get the category to display in the top menu? It just does not work, even if you tick the box that says TOP - Display in the top menu bar! I can make the news show up everywhere else, just not in the TOP MENU! The previous version of CMS I ran ran with Opencart V1.5.1.3 worked just fine.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Regards,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NMG Trading CC
Flight Simulator Airport Scenery Design
Web: http://www.nmgtrading.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NMG

Location - South Africa

Post by hiteco » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:42 am

Is this extensions still supported. It seems the author doesn't answer anymore

Post by midihead » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:08 am

I have installed this extension in a custom theme. Initially I couldn't get the links to appear in the top menu even though I had it set to display there. I emailed Jimmy on 1/2/13 and again on 1/7/13 and still have not received a response. After doing some troubleshooting of my own, I discovered that Jimmy's blog extension was conflicting with another VQMOD extension. I disabled my other extension and the links now appear in the menu bar as they should. If anyone else is having issues with the links not appearing in the menu bar, be sure to try and disable your existing VQMOD extensions one at a time to see if there is a conflict... worth a try.

I have a second issue though. When I click a blog link in the top menu bar, the blog categories below the menu bar (which is fine) but I want to place my OpenCart Category list to the left of this and I have been unable to get this to work. Also, the blog catagories are against the extreme left of the page and the email, print, and "read more" links are pushed too far to the right of the page and actually are forcing the width past the edge of the template which creates a horizontal scroll bar:
blog categories screenshot.png

blog categories screenshot.png (41.08 KiB) Viewed 1551 times

I want to have the OpenCart Category module listed on the left column and the blog categories or blog articles beside it in the right column when the blog menu link is clicked. For example, on product pages, I have the categories listed on the left column and the products are set to display in the right column so both sit side by side, like so:
categories and products.jpg

categories and products.jpg (148.45 KiB) Viewed 1556 times

I can't seem to get the blog categories and blog articles to sit beside other modules even though I have played around with the layout routes somewhat. Keep in mind that I am fairly new to OpenCart. Could anyone point me in the right direction on how I might achieve this?

If I can't get this working soon, I'll get a refund and will purchase an extension from another developer who is willing to support their product.

Thanks for any help!

Post by k98303 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Hello after i uploaded the vqmod file to ftp , this error occurs when i open my website

Notice: Error: Table 'lightin3_oc3.oc_blog_category' doesn't exist
Error No: 1146
SELECT * FROM oc_blog_category c LEFT JOIN oc_blog_category_description cd ON (c.blog_category_id = cd.blog_category_id) LEFT JOIN oc_blog_category_to_store c2s ON (c.blog_category_id = c2s.blog_category_id) WHERE c.blog_parent_id = '0' AND cd.language_id = '1' AND c2s.store_id = '0' AND c.status = '1' ORDER BY c.sort_order, LCASE(cd.name) in /home/lightin3/public_html/www.greennhappy.com/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

please help... it has been a long time... i had to delete files inside vqmod in order to make my site return to work.
but i really need to use blog right now