Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Previously called 'UKSB Improved Search'

This Mod will greatly improve your OC site search giving you a better search and an extended search.

Without this mod your site search only searches Product Name and Product Tags from the header search and only if the exact search term is found.

You could be losing sales!!!

What This MOD Does
--------------------------------

* 1. Removed the option to search in descriptions from the advanced search page so it is default to always search descriptions from both the header search and advanced search.
* 2. Search Product Descriptions by default
* 3. Search Product Model by default
* 4. Search Product SKU by default
* 5. Search Product UPC by default
* 6. Intuitively searches using 9 methods of searching (see example below).
* 7. Correctly searches and finds words/phrases containing diacritics (e.g. šķīdinātājs)
* 8. Added a nice little tool-tip that displays when the header search box is hovered over.

Example
--------------

You have a product with 'Yellow Large Banana' either as the name or in the description or model/sku/upc/tags
You also have a product with name 'Large Blue Banana' either as the name or in the description or model/sku/upc/tags
You also have a product with name 'Small Pink Banana' either as the name or in the description or model/sku/upc/tags

Test Case:
---------------
A User searches for 'Banana Large Yellow'

In default OpenCart - No Results are returned because the exact term is not found

Using our mod - 'Yellow Large Banana' is returned because is contains the search term, only in reverse. No other results are shown because an exact match has been found.

End result the users get results for what they want

-----

3 Ways to install - including vQmod

UKSB Intuitive Improved Search

ImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:58 am

Updated to add a 'Search Anywhere' module.

This allows you to place a search box in either of the sidebars or in the main page content section.

ImageImageImageImage

Guru Member

Post by uksitebuilder » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:15 am

New version 2.1.0 has been released to fix a limitation when searching the product tags (only)

This release fixes that limitation.

ImageImageImageImage

Guru Member

Post by danicmyk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:41 pm

i have purchased and installed intuitive improved search, however it has now been decided that searching the product description gives too many non-relevant results, i could really do with a pointer on how to remove the description search (either from just the header or from advanced as well). hope you can help, thanks.

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:45 pm

I will be updating the Extension at the end of this week to break apart what is searched with stops.

The main consensus is that the description searching will invariably return many results (depending on the query)

So, I will pull this out of the general search and use it as a fallback if no results are returned for the Product Name, Model, SKU, Tags etc

Should speed up searches a little too on large stores.

ImageImageImageImage

Guru Member

Post by skookumrob » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:54 am

I just purchased the extension - this will be my first extension that I install myself, in a customized 1.5.0 site. Sorry for the 'dumb' question but I am a little confused with the install instructions. The way I read it, I need to copy/paste the folders under "New Files" and then make a number of manual file edits. Am I getting that right, or does the copy/paste of the folders make the file edit changes you listed?

Thanks for your help!
Rob...
www.onlinesupply.ca

Rob M
http://www.onlinesupply.ca 1.5.6.1 (an upgrade from 1.5.0)
http://www.webfilter.onlinesupply.ca 1.5.4

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:04 am

Hi,

The New Files are exactly that, new files, they will not overwrite any core files, so you should upload those via ftp.

You then also need to do either the manual file edits if not using vqmod.

ImageImageImageImage

Guru Member

Post by ccM » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:28 pm

Hey Simon,

I am sorry to bug you, just wondering how you are going with the update on this product for either 1.5.1.3.1 or 1.5.2.1?

Thanks so much :)

ccM

Location - QLD, Australia