Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:21 am

I have finally found the time to rewrite Options Plus.

As many of you have noted, it is a very useful mod, but my attempts to make it more standalone were confusing. The Automod made it easier but still not intuitive, and upgrades would still break it.

So "Options Plus Redux" has been created and it is a complete rewrite.
- No more Module area for config. Additional options were moved to the standard option tab in product edit now
- Ajax image load removes the need to mod additional files
- vQmod for ALL core edits. No worries on breakage from upgrades
Main features:
==============
New Parameters:
* Weight: Individual weight for each option (uses same unit as the product)
* SKU: Individual model/sku number for each option. Persists on cart page and throughout order and invoicing.
* Info: short misc info field about the option. Hover over the image to see text
* Image: an image to sit next to the option. Click image to thickbox enlarge
Other Features:
* Now uses vQmod for core changes
* Includes vQmod to support the Import/Export Excel mod (by JNeuhoff)
* Ability to add current options to multiple product(s) simultaneously.
* Is designed to be expanded with more options in the future.
* Option images can be set to swap the main image or a smaller "swatch" image on the side.
* Additional prefixes:
(%) is based off the product price
(*) is product price * option price
(=) uses option price for item price instead of adding to product price. Product price is ignored
* Option image shown in cart. (see note)
It also works with in combination with the new "Options Price Update Redux".
It is also possible, now that I am back to using the normal files, that it might work along side Global Mega Options.. but I've not had a chance to test that.
It has been confirmed that this will NOT work in conjunction with ReadyMan's Global Mega Options mod

Demo videos and Download here:
http://theqdomain.com/ocstore/opt-plus-redux

Since this is a complete rewrite, it is a completely different mod, not a free upgrade from existing versions. The functionality isn't really different, just the way it integrates.

Be aware that if you do buy the redux version, you will need to follow the steps in the readme to completely remove the old version of options plus

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by therealrico » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:34 pm

Hey Qphoria,

1. Couple of quick questions I want to purchase this module but I won't be the one installing it. Should the person installing it purchase it, or can I pass it along to them through e-mail?

2. In the 1.5 release will these features be included? Also when is the expected beta coming out? I know the time table keeps changing but was just curious on a ball park.

Thanks

Post by i2Paq » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:50 am

Did you added the requested = by me to this mod?

I have you old version but not using it because of this :-[

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Qphoria » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:37 pm

i2Paq wrote:Did you added the requested = by me to this mod?

I forget what you wanted again.. refresh my memory

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:38 pm

therealrico wrote:Hey Qphoria,

1. Couple of quick questions I want to purchase this module but I won't be the one installing it. Should the person installing it purchase it, or can I pass it along to them through e-mail?

2. In the 1.5 release will these features be included? Also when is the expected beta coming out? I know the time table keeps changing but was just curious on a ball park.

Thanks
1. Im not too picky.. as long as you license it properly, I don't have a problem with you buying it and having a developer install it or whatever.

Administrator

Post by guntis.e » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:53 pm

It looks like the "Misc Info:" field does not have multi-language support. Are there any plans to correct this?

Guntis
Image Partneris.net

Post by bluerayconcepts » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:47 am

I have Global Mega Options installed, I am using it for its upload option. If I install Options plus, is it going to break something on either one. I am looking at Options plus for the weight for the options which Global Mega Options is currently lacking.

DJ
BlueRay Concepts
http://www.bluerayconcepts.com

Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:11 am

bluerayconcepts wrote:I have Global Mega Options installed, I am using it for its upload option. If I install Options plus, is it going to break something on either one. I am looking at Options plus for the weight for the options which Global Mega Options is currently lacking.
In the old version of Options Plus, they definitely were not compatible. In the Redux version I've theoretically made it much more compatible with other mods since it is all done in the normal product options tab. But I have not tested it because I don't have GMO to test with.

Administrator

Post by budalal » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi Q,

I got the new mod and removed the old version, etc. Now I get the REDUX ENABLED message in the options tab, but I am having an issue. Whenever I save, I get multiple options cloned like it was looping when I added the options Even When I delete all of them, it ends of adding one more to the list. Any idea what could be wrong?? :'(

I'm running OC 1.4.9.1 and VQMOD 1.0.8.

Thanks

Post by tempe » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Bought this MOD today got 2 problem

1. Situation:
option still on default : Please choose...
clicked add to cart button

result:
- warning message pop up >> Good as expected
- cart updated automatically >> all previous product on cart gone >> bug i guess
- Product with no option value still added into cart replacing all previous choosen product >> also bug

2. Situation:
option > already choose 1 option
click add to cart

bug result:
- whatever amount i choose to buy, this JS double it, so 1 become 2, 2 become 4, and so
- its directly push the page into checkout page
- when i choose another product and add it into cart, the previous gone, replaced with the last one and still become double

Post by Swissy » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi
As its my first post. Thanks for your great mod and the rest of the support you give on the forum here

Just got 1 question, bought your mod today works all like charm no bugs so for i saw

Need only a way to have the Please choose showing in the correspondent language as i run 2

Any chance for this , work around ?

Thx again for support

Post by Qphoria » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:37 pm

Swissy wrote:Hi
As its my first post. Thanks for your great mod and the rest of the support you give on the forum here

Just got 1 question, bought your mod today works all like charm no bugs so for i saw

Need only a way to have the Please choose showing in the correspondent language as i run 2

Any chance for this , work around ?

Thx again for support
Just make a copy of the catalog/language/english/product/options_plus_redux.php file for your language

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:54 pm

i2Paq wrote:Did you added the requested = by me to this mod?

v149.3 - 2011-Apr-19 - Qphoria@gmail.com
- Added "=" option for i2Paq. :)
- Cart item uses Option Image (see note about option image)

Redownload from your account page on my site.
only the vqmod script and the catalog/controller/product/*.php files changed

Demo here:
http://unbannable.com/v1494/index.php?r ... duct_id=48

Administrator

Post by aaron1988 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:15 pm

Does this work with Export/Import Tool as i tried with GMO and doesnt seem to import properly :(

Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:55 pm

aaron1988 wrote:Does this work with Export/Import Tool as i tried with GMO and doesnt seem to import properly :(
No. Import/Export doesn't support the additional fields.
YES! New version of Options Plus Redux has vQmod file to add support to Import/Export Excel mod by JNeuhoff!

Administrator

Post by tinasparadise » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:05 am

Hi Q,

I was wondering if there was any way to set default options instead of having "please choose ..." displayed first. Many of our products have more common options than others. For example, if there were a Color option with Black, Brown, and Green I would like the option to be set to "Black" by default.

Post by slawson17 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:48 am

tinasparadise wrote:Hi Q,

I was wondering if there was any way to set default options instead of having "please choose ..." displayed first. Many of our products have more common options than others. For example, if there were a Color option with Black, Brown, and Green I would like the option to be set to "Black" by default.
I think this is what you're looking for - http://theqdomain.com/ocstore/opt-plus-redux - scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and he talks about switching off the "Please Choose..." default option.

Post by tinasparadise » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:17 am

Oh geez. Right in the instructions? OK, I admit it, sometimes I'm an airhead!

Thank you slawson17.

Post by slawson17 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:42 am

Hahahaha.. you and me both! No problem!

Post by tinasparadise » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:32 pm

I've got the Options Plus Redux module working and there's only one feature I miss that I really expected. I thought I would be able to select an image for all option combinations.

For example, let's assume we had a product with two Size Options, Small and Large; and two Color Options, White and Black. What I expected was that a "grid" would be generated after all options were entered and an image could be assigned for all option combinations. In this case the option grid would look like:

Small-White image-small-white.png
Small-Black image-small-black.png
Large-White image-large-white.png
Large-Black image-large-black.png

Without this capability I'm limited to having two product entries for the same product, Small and Large, and then assigning a White/Black color option for each entry. Given hundreds of products with multiple options this greatly clutters up the store with the same basic product entered numerous times so pictures of all options can be displayed.

Programatically this could be accomplished by entering all options and then implementing a "Generate" button to create the grid. This would allow not only images to be entered for all combinations, but anything else combination specific like Cost, Price, etc.

If this could be done it would be the Mod of the century as far as I'm concerned! And it's already pretty darn awesome ...

And of course if anyone already knows how to do this please let me know.