As many of you have noted, it is a very useful mod, but my attempts to make it more standalone were confusing. The Automod made it easier but still not intuitive, and upgrades would still break it.
So "Options Plus Redux" has been created and it is a complete rewrite.
- No more Module area for config. Additional options were moved to the standard option tab in product edit now
- Ajax image load removes the need to mod additional files
- vQmod for ALL core edits. No worries on breakage from upgrades
It also works with in combination with the new "Options Price Update Redux".Main features:
* Weight: Individual weight for each option (uses same unit as the product)
* SKU: Individual model/sku number for each option. Persists on cart page and throughout order and invoicing.
* Info: short misc info field about the option. Hover over the image to see text
* Image: an image to sit next to the option. Click image to thickbox enlarge
* Now uses vQmod for core changes
* Includes vQmod to support the Import/Export Excel mod (by JNeuhoff)
* Ability to add current options to multiple product(s) simultaneously.
* Is designed to be expanded with more options in the future.
* Option images can be set to swap the main image or a smaller "swatch" image on the side.
* Additional prefixes:
(%) is based off the product price
(*) is product price * option price
(=) uses option price for item price instead of adding to product price. Product price is ignored
* Option image shown in cart. (see note)
It is also possible, now that I am back to using the normal files, that it might work along side Global Mega Options.. but I've not had a chance to test that.
It has been confirmed that this will NOT work in conjunction with ReadyMan's Global Mega Options mod
Demo videos and Download here:
Since this is a complete rewrite, it is a completely different mod, not a free upgrade from existing versions. The functionality isn't really different, just the way it integrates.
Be aware that if you do buy the redux version, you will need to follow the steps in the readme to completely remove the old version of options plus