Post by seniorx » Sat May 04, 2013 7:37 am

Hello! I bought this extension months ago, and it works perfect. But now I'm using another theme and obviously the custom tab is not there. What modifications should I do?
Thanks!

Post by bull5-i » Sat May 04, 2013 2:10 pm

In order to integrate the Custom Product Tab module with your custom theme you need to tailor the vqmod/xml/custom_product_tab.xml file. Find the block that edits the default theme product.tpl file (near the end of the XML file) and change the theme name from 'default' to your theme (folder name). If that does not do the trick, then your custom theme structure differs in some way from the default theme. Now you need to start tailoring the vqmod search & replace/insert patterns for the product.tpl file to deal with the structural peculiarities of your custom theme. As due to the very nature of a custom theme I cannot provide a universal solution. Almost every custom theme has a different way of displaying things. Take a look at what changes were done to the default theme and then adjust the search & replace patterns to suit your theme. If you do not know how the vqmod script works, I kindly suggest you read about it from the vqmod wiki pages http://code.google.com/p/vqmod/
vQmod log files (vqmod/logs/*.log) are your friend in debugging. They will tell you where the script fails (meaning which vqmod search line it does not find in the template file), so you need to adjust that part of the script.

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by CodeRed » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:55 pm

I have installed this onto a fairly Vanilla Install of OC 1.5.6.4 With VQMod. It shows everything is installed and enabled however I am not seeing any location where this extra tab exists. Its not in the product details and I do not see it available anywhere else in the Admin Panel. Do I have to do anything custom to the XML file in order for this tab to show?

By the way, I am using Default Template with virtually no modification.

Post by bull5-i » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:55 pm

If you have uploaded all files, enabled the extension and still do not see the Specs tab input on product edit page then you probably have a problem with your vqmod installation. Check the vqmod installation and vqmod errors.

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

Post by CodeRed » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:45 am

The error log in vQMod Manager is empty with no errors. However, I seem to have the same issue with one other mod as well, so you might be on to something.-----
I just downloaded the latest vqmod 2.41 and reinstalled it. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the Custom Product Tab but I am still not receiving any result. Still no errors in vqmod error log. This is the only error produced by the shopping cart's main error log.

Code: Select all

2014-06-19 8:31:31 - PHP Notice:  Error: Got error -1 from storage engine<br />Error No: 1030<br />SELECT * FROM product_option po LEFT JOIN `option` o ON (po.option_id = o.option_id) LEFT JOIN option_description od ON (o.option_id = od.option_id) WHERE po.product_id = '632' AND od.language_id = '1' ORDER BY o.sort_order in /home/content/30/12089930/html/cart/system/database/mysql.php on line 50

Post by bull5-i » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:14 pm

Verify that vqmod is properly working and all script custom code is applied.

Post by CodeRed » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:19 am

I do not believe I have any custom code. Again, the vQMod shows no errors. But when I turn on this module, and you click on a product you get mysql errors. IO am currently setting up a new test environment to play with this much more thoroughly.

Post by nongtinh10 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:40 am

Thanx for making this extension. Just bought it.
Last edited by nongtinh10 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

công ty môi trường | dịch vụ seo | học kế toán thực hành | học kế toán tổng hợp | quan ao tre em | làm bằng đại học

Post by ignazio666 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:55 pm

hi,

don't work on default theme 1.5.6.4
- on admin I can not edit the entry "entry specs"
- frontend is not visible

how can I fix it? Can you help?
thanks

Post by CodeRed » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:52 pm

igna, I had the same problem with version 1.5.6.4. All of my problems point to VQmod not working the way it should despite throwing no errors in the logs. I ended up giving up on these modules and custom programming the extra tab I need. I created an extra field in product_description and labeled it 'Nutrition'.
I then had to modify the following files.
Admin: model/catalog/product.php, controller/catalog/product.php, view/template/products.tpl, language\english\catalog\product.php
And all the same on the front end: model/catalog/product.php, controller/catalog/product.php, view/template/theme/default/products/products.tpl, language\english\catalog\product.php

I pretty much copied the properties for description field and copied the ckEdit conversion as the customer wanted to be able to display html in the tab. (text, null)

Creating these changes took me about an hour and a half including the frontend changes to the stylesheet I wanted for the tab. Messing around with this module and Extra Product tabs module wasted hours and I ended up with non working modules. Good luck. Let me know if you need any help. How many tabs are you looking for?

Post by craftylion » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:19 pm

I seem to be having the same problem. I can't customise the Specs tab and the tab itself is not showing up on frontend. I'm not getting any error messages with vqmod.

Can this be fixed? Thanks in advance.

Location - Australia

Post by bull5-i » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:14 pm

The tab name is located inside the vqmod script where it can be renamed.