Post by gob33 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:47 pm

@D3MO: It's not a question of browser, it's a bug i proposed correction but never corrected in extension shop which runs under an old version of OC. A Windows client is unable to upload. I signaled it many times but they don't care and now i'm tired.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by iSenseLabs » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:38 pm

hambone wrote:Was just browsing this post, when I realised that OpenCart extensions aren't GPL. Ah, now I know :)

Btw, the extension store is indeed in a mess. Could we have something more like CodeCanyon or other Envato stores? while it's cool to have a grid view of products, it's hard to see the following
1) Author - I tend to buy plugins (coming from Wordpress) of authors I trust. And whom I've tested the coding on our site. Oh by author, I mean next the extension's picture. Not when I clicked on the extension.

2) Sales - While you show the amount of comments, people tend to look for the products with the most sales, and then the portfolio of the author of that product. So let's say I create a variable product extension, and it sells as number in my category, a customer will tend to look at the comments and then if its favourable, will most probably buy my other extensions

3) Wishlists & Add to Folder (CodeCanyon) - I might not buy an extension then, but I most probably will later, especially if it gets further developed in terms of features

4) Sorting by downloaded doesn't work. Ascending and Descending shows some of the same extensions. In my case was the "one page super checkout" and "advanced professional email template". CodeCanyon works out of the box :)

5) Changelog - It is crucial for customers to know changes that has happened in the coding, and when it took place. It is a norm with Wordpress

6) Number of items/page - Currently we can only view 12. Can't we view more, like 20, 40, 80 and 100? Just got to reduce the size of the thumbnails, and make them more square. In that sense, it'll be easier to purchase new extensions

7) Best sellers for the week/month - CodeCanyon does this well, and it helps developers sell more :)

8) Top Authors / Elite authors / Featured Product - Increases credibility of author and improves sales

Btw, on paid vs free extensions, perhaps you could separate them? Just my two cents :) Appreciate your feedback.
All I am going to say is - Very good points here!

Premium OpenCart Extensions and Custom Development

Post by rph » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:46 am

gob33 wrote:@D3MO: It's not a question of browser, it's a bug i proposed correction but never corrected in extension shop which runs under an old version of OC. A Windows client is unable to upload. I signaled it many times but they don't care and now i'm tired.
Chrome and IE should work on Windows. Still, the fact that bug has been around for two years now says something about priorities.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by gob33 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:07 am

"Incorrect File type" bug when uploading extensions in OC shop under Windows seems corrected at this date.
Thx from devs on Windows.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by gob33 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:55 pm

For the third times, it has again become impossible to upload an extension under Windows in the OC shop.
The error message is :

Code: Select all

Warning: file could not be uploaded for a unknown reason !
If you have this, upload under Linux, it works.
Old corrections have certainly been overwritten by a bugged new version.
It is absolutely incredible that the oc staff doesnt ear what developpers say and doesnt repair what is the base of their business.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by gob33 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:03 pm

Extension upload to store seems to re-work at this date under Windows.

All my extensions

Location - France