Post by JAY6390 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:28 pm

settysantu wrote:I think it would be good if we display no.of sales too on extension page.
I don't see how that would help. The ratings system is there for a reason. It may also put people off buying new mods that may be exceptionally good quality

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by settysantu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:41 pm

JAY6390 wrote:
settysantu wrote:I think it would be good if we display no.of sales too on extension page.
I don't see how that would help. The ratings system is there for a reason. It may also put people off buying new mods that may be exceptionally good quality
See any marketplace or any site that sells themes or plugins there display no.of.sales and i think its good to have.

Location - Hyderabad, India

Post by rph » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:10 am

settysantu wrote:BB Codes are enable so we can create hyperlinks now.
Good to know. An increase in the character limit would be nice with all the added markup.
See any marketplace or any site that sells themes or plugins there display no.of.sales and i think its good to have.
Why?

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by settysantu » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:47 pm

Why?
Sorry i didn't get you?

Post by rph » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:45 pm

What advantage does it have.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by settysantu » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:51 pm

rph wrote:What advantage does it have.
Displaying No.of Sales always help to show its popularity. Most sold extension is always special :)

Post by rph » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:12 pm

Is that just an assumption or are there actual studies?

I guess I see the possibilities as this:

Pros
-Extension popularity re-enforces future sales
-Seeing a product with no ratings but plenty of sales could increase customer confidence

Cons
-Extensions with few sales have increased difficulty gaining market share
-Themes may become less popular as they're purchased more as store owners may not want the same template used on 4000 other websites
-It's essentially exposing what many people would consider confidential or private sales info

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by settysantu » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:18 pm

rph wrote:Is that just an assumption or are there actual studies?

I guess I see the possibilities as this:

Pros
-Extension popularity re-enforces future sales
-Seeing a product with no ratings but plenty of sales could increase customer confidence

Cons
-Extensions with few sales have increased difficulty gaining market share
-Themes may become less popular as they're purchased more as store owners may not want the same template used on 4000 other websites
-It's essentially exposing what many people would consider confidential or private sales info
Well yes there are always pros & cons but sales most depends on extension quality and marketing there do. As you said some people don't want to display sales info and some people like me may want.

Depends on perception of sellers & buyers.

Post by Johnathan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:29 pm

As a purchaser, I can see the advantage of having a Sales # displayed -- but as a developer, I think it would just drive developers to buy their own extensions a bunch of time to inflate the number. Sales numbers are displayed to developers in the back-end, so they can always write them into the description themselves if they really want them displayed (although no one can tell if they're lying or not, of course).

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by gob33 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:35 am

I would like the extension store to display more in a list "à la ebay".
Currently, only 12 of 8000 are displayed per page (0.15%)
How can a merchant choose like that ? You spend time turning pages.
I would like the same filters on top plus a choice of 25,50,100,200 extensions per page.
And a better image display with zooming.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by kosmic » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:23 am

I really do like as a buyer to see the best rated and best selling within a category, it is one factor that makes buying from the envato network a pleasure.

Seeing a template or extension with many purchases and a 5 star rating, gives me confidence in making my selection and with spending money wisely.

however i will always check the comments too to see what other buyers think.

Post by rph » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:42 pm

It does have the ability to sort by rating but it doesn't work very well. VQMod Manager has 31k downloads and 125 votes for a 5-star rating and it's buried on page 36 when sorting by rating and beat by mods with 1 vote. I'm guessing that's because the rating for VQMod Manager is probably slightly less than 5-star so all the low vote, straight 5-star ratings will beat it.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:12 pm

I think it also has a lot to do with age too not just that the rating might be slightly less

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by icycode » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:14 pm

WE NEED WISH LIST FEATURE in extension store, so we can bookmark what we want to buy or download.

Post by rph » Thu May 23, 2013 7:08 am

What are the criteria for a "not as described" reversal? I received one recently but the mod in question has a thorough description and a demo site. I'm a bit incredulous that the published info would be misleading but if it is I'd like to know so I can update it appropriately.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Thu May 23, 2013 11:37 pm

That's likely just the reason the person gave PayPal, since they probably know it's the one that easiest. Anyone using it on opencart.com rather than going through the formal channels should be banned, though, in my opinion.

Administrator

Post by rph » Fri May 24, 2013 1:26 am

Ah, okay. If it's a reversal coming from Paypal then there's really nothing to do. Gotta love their "the seller is always wrong" policy.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Fri May 24, 2013 6:47 am

That's my guess, anyway. Daniel seems to be implementing a more thorough process lately, so I think he'd take it up with the developer if the customer is complaining it's "not as described". I know I've gotten an e-mail or two about authorizing refunds like that.

Administrator

Post by madimar » Fri May 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Johnathan wrote:That's likely just the reason the person gave PayPal, since they probably know it's the one that easiest. Anyone using it on opencart.com rather than going through the formal channels should be banned, though, in my opinion.
I totally agree with you. This paypal "not as described" reversal is becoming more and more frequenti. I already received it a couple of times, sometimes just 1 day after the purchase and without having received any support request. It is absurd imho. I agree these kind of use should be discouraged. Maybe a two step ban is the solution: first time yellow card, second time red card!

M

Sent from my DesireHD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by Cleo » Fri May 24, 2013 6:14 pm

I was reading this thread and I'm not a programmer and know nothing about coding but as a customer before buying any module/extension I always look at the rating and then I read all the comments, and if I am unsure I always ask questions to the seller before buying.

But even though it happen once that I asked for a refund because I wasn't suppose to have problem as per the seller answer and the extension scrapped all my site which I had to redo, I contacted the seller again who was not very helpful but he made a suggestion which I followed and... scrapped my site for a second time :(

But I didn't see that link in the extension store to get support because it is not very noticeable so I went to Paypal and open a dispute!!!! "2 minutes later I received an email from OC that I was banned!!!

So I send an email to explain that I never saw that link because I thought it was for requesting support from the seller! So they un-banned me, I request help/refund and didn't get it right away. They first copy me on the email they sent to the seller, and support, the seller and me exchanged a few emails and then support agreed that I should get a refund. ( just wanted to let you know that refund is not given right away, at least it wasn't for me)

And I have a question about that problem you were discussing about scammers who buys extension, ask for a refund and still use the module! Wouldn't it be possible for programmers to add something like 15-30 days trial like they do when you buy a software?

If you are satisfied with the module you have to click on a link which send a satisfaction email and then the programmer/seller send a code to remove the trial period code in the module, if you are not satisfied the seller refund but the buyer don't get the code and after the trial period the module is not working!

I don't know if it can be done for extension/module but like I said I know nothing about programming/coding so I was just wondering!

Regards
Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
Theme: Custom
vqmod-2.6.0
PHP: 7.3 (ea-php73)