Post by Daniel » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:12 pm

JAY6390 wrote:Yeah, I've also seen some people that have been given refunds and are clearly using mods that they supposedly don't want

this rarely happens and will ban anyone who does this. i don;t mind refunding people if they have quite a few past orders. it normally means they being truthful.

if its there first order i ask them to get in touch with the extension developer to help fix the problems.

As long as people tell the truth and have tried a few things to get the extensions to work or seek help i don;t really have much choice. Its when people lie to paypal like: i never received the extension or they ripped me off stole my money etc.. I get annoyed and drag the dispute out for months.

i had one guy from Austria do that this week saying the extension was illegal because we used the payment gateways logo on it. even though the payment gateway had a big opencart logo on their site.

I nearly banned another person today because they opened a dispute in paypal and my system automatically voids an order when some one does this. They escalated the dispute saying the orders been voided but they have not been refunded. then posting messages that I stole there money. how stupid can you get!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:20 am

this is a dispute i just received:

From Buyer – erica maria de pinho faustino23/07/2012 23:47 GMT+08:00
product does not work

they posted to paypal they never received the goods.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by GoGo OpenCart » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:59 am

Daniel wrote:this rarely happens and will ban anyone who does this.
True story :) I reported fake refunders couple of times by now, and Daniel took care of it ;)

Just find a solid proof that the customer who asked for a refund still uses the extension he got refund for, send it to Daniel, and he can say bye bye to his account/accounts ;)

Once a guy who purchased one of my extensions, asked for help, and I helped him with everything he asked for, without any additional charges, and he sent me an email saying that everything works great now, good job, etc., and right after that he asked for a refund, saying he's very dissatisfied :) Really shameless...

See all my extensions: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... 20OpenCart

Post by Daniel » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:13 pm

and on top of that they are getting e-commerce software for free that would coast then 100,000's if the had to build it from scratch.

anyway credit cards payment option using moneybookers is now available.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by TomC » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:40 pm

I find the practices described above - i.e. people who purchase a product and, now that they have it, request a refund as an effort to (now) have the product for free - to be absolutely deplorable and demonstrative of a severe lack of character and integrity.

It's a pity that there cannot be some kind of "fail-safe" way to deactivate the product if/when such unscrupulous action is suspected.

Location - California (USA)

Post by Daniel » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:26 am

managed to get credit card option on my site for about 1 hour before i asked moneybookers to change my address and now its disappeared,

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by rph » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:02 pm

How does the main product image resizing work? I tried 206px x 120px but that came out cropped off too.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by MrTech » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:17 am

rph wrote:How does the main product image resizing work? I tried 206px x 120px but that came out cropped off too.
Resizing to 206 x 120 in Photoshop worked for me.
Last edited by MrTech on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by thallescard » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:29 am

Hi Guys!

I have just setup the images for my "notify extension"

I have added an 206px × 120px for thumbnail and 693px x 200px for banner.

For me, it's looking very nice, now i have to update images of my another extensions. ;D

Thalles Cardoso http://thallescard.com.br
Modules:
Product Page Shipping Estimator
Notify When Product Arrives (Support Product Options)
Opencart Wordpress ADS
URL Coupon Link
Team Msn Messenger Chat (free)

Post by nil2567 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:08 am

I start to think it is not worth selling on opencart.
I do my modules as simple as it can be.

peaplo just have to apload admin/catalog to the root and I have good feedback and there is some clients that buy the module and sey it didin't work and opencar give than the money back.

I prefer selling here but I had clients that were refaund and continue using my modules.

Opencart could at least wait a few days and make contact with seller and buyer.

I sometimes send email to opencart and I receive answer like they don't read what a asked.

I don't know, but thay should change their policy of change money back wihout no asking .

amozn/ebey and others give a month for the problem to be solve before give money back.

Post by MrTech » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:52 am

I agree... for instance I had one client ask for a refund on my newsletter extension because "I am not going to do email marketing at this time". He emailed and Daniel gave him a refund!?! Wow, so he buys something and then changes his mind and gets his money back all the while still has the ability to use my code for free.

Last two months, I have seen at least 4 instances of refunds given to customers and the worse is that Daniel does not deem it necessary to notify me when this happens.

I love OpenCart but wish there was a mature person running this business on the front end.

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by nil2567 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:57 am

when a client buy an module, they have to agree with opencart rules.

if you see at point 5 they say that
Opencart team's verification must be in place prior to any refund action.
and oopencart don't do that. they simply give money back and do nothing .

I don't know why opencart has those rules if they don't follow it.

By purchasing extensions / templates you agree to:

1. Use it for one website ONLY (sub-domains act as separate website), unless stated by the original developer. Written approval (or attached terms of use) must be obtained from the original owner of the work prior to the re-using.

2. Reselling the downloaded work is NOT ALLOWE, unless stated by the original developer. Written approval (or attached terms of use) must be obtained from the original owner of the work prior the reselling.

3. Copyrights removal is NOT ALLOWED, unless stated by the original developer. Written approval (or attached terms of use must) must be obtained from the original owner of the work prior to the removal.

4. Can't claim the downloaded work as your own, please respect the effort and time spent to accomplish this work.

5. In case of a defaulted downloaded work, you have the right to claim a full refund. Opencart team's verification must be in place prior to any refund action.

Post by rph » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:10 pm

A more formal process is sorely needed. That way both developers and customers are protected.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by nil2567 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 pm

im going to do a code that if buyer get refond the module stop working becouse if you are waiting for opencart I think they dont care about that.
their policy is to give money back everytime clients blink

Post by justinv » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:59 am

The Extension store doesn't allow sellers to update their notification settings - I set Notify on Purchase to No, but it remains on Yes each time.

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by nosecret » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Until now, opencart extension store have feature purchase alert. Is there feature refund and reserved alert for seller for next time?

Post by alexmbra » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:10 am

I would like to know how is the opencart staff dealing with modules buyers asking for refunds after buying some modules.
I know a person that is also selling modules here and he told me that some people had ask for refund on some of his modules, and opencart staff just refund them without talking to him. He also said that he went on those people sites and that they are still using his modules.
I have more modules to publish, but after talking to him and after reading some posts here on the forum, I am starting to thinking twice about that.

Flash Ctt Tracking V2
Animated Flash Header Banner V3
Animated Flash Banner V2
Rastreamento de envios pelo CTT correios
Flash Expandable Category Side Menu module
Flash Category Side Menu Module
Flash Cart Steps Module
Animated Flash Banner Module
Animated Flash HEADER Banner Module

Post by Johnathan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:28 pm

If that happens, contact the OpenCart team and let them know. I believe they will ban the user from the store.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by alexmbra » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:53 pm

Johnathan wrote:If that happens, contact the OpenCart team and let them know. I believe they will ban the user from the store.
Is there a way for us to see if a user is banned?

Flash Ctt Tracking V2
Animated Flash Header Banner V3
Animated Flash Banner V2
Rastreamento de envios pelo CTT correios
Flash Expandable Category Side Menu module
Flash Category Side Menu Module
Flash Cart Steps Module
Animated Flash Banner Module
Animated Flash HEADER Banner Module

Post by Johnathan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:02 pm

alexmbra wrote:
Johnathan wrote:If that happens, contact the OpenCart team and let them know. I believe they will ban the user from the store.
Is there a way for us to see if a user is banned?
No, I don't believe so.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator