Post by roymayor » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:35 pm

ok question how do i setup the handling if i charge 10 dollars for subtotal of 200 dollars and up and anything below 200 dollars will be 40 dollars?

Post by roymayor » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:50 pm

and how do i turn this mod off if i do a pick up from store?

Post by Qphoria » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:58 am

roymayor wrote:ok question how do i setup the handling if i charge 10 dollars for subtotal of 200 dollars and up and anything below 200 dollars will be 40 dollars?
200:40, 999999:10

Updated for 1.4.8 and 1.4.9

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by jtech » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:30 am

What a nice mod!
I was wondering if there is a quick way to make the fee be based upon quantity as opposed to cost?

For example: 1 item in cart = $1.50 fee..2 items in cart = $2.00 fee... 3-4 items in cart = $2.50 fee..5-6 items in cart = $3.00 fee...7-12 items in cart = $5.00 fee.

If not does anyone know of a mod that makes this possible? Thanks in advance!
-Jared

Post by Discwog » Wed May 04, 2011 7:01 am

I am using a coupon on a transaction and unfortunately it appears that the handling fee is based on the sub-total amount before the coupon is applied. When I tried changing the sort order nothing really changed, still got a $45 transaction with a $45 discount and a $2.50 handling fee.

Post by Qphoria » Fri May 06, 2011 9:58 am

This is probably true. Realistically, you wouldn't normally discount the handling.
A 50lb box is still a 50lb box whether you discount or not. Handling is typically one of those fees that doesn't change with discount

Administrator

Post by iain_darkflare » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:11 pm

Wasn't sure whether to open this is a new thread or not, buit it relates to the MOD.

I've installed the module, and got the percentage working. However it appears to calculate the percentage based on the sub-total and not on the total.

Is there any way to have the percentage calculated on the total price including the taxes? Fortunately shipping isn't an issue as its for a wholesaler/franchise and the items will be collected.

Dark Flare Design :: http://www.darkflaredesign.co.uk :: Web, Print and Logo Design, Ayr

Location - Ayr, Scotland

Post by mberlant » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:46 pm

iain_darkflare wrote:I've installed the module, and got the percentage working. However it appears to calculate the percentage based on the sub-total and not on the total.

Is there any way to have the percentage calculated on the total price including the taxes? Fortunately shipping isn't an issue as its for a wholesaler/franchise and the items will be collected.
I hope you realize that it is not physically possible to continue performing calculations once the total has been determined. What you need to do is to put your "Order Totals" fields in the order required to satisfy both your business and government requirements, making sure that "Total" is ALWAYS the very last item in the sort order.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by iain_darkflare » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Yeah I realise that the "Total" is always the last item. Apologies if I didn't word my original post to clarify what I was looking to do. I'm well aware that you can change the order in which the "Order Total" fields are displayed, but that makes no difference to the way they are calculated.

My client just wanted me to see if there was a way to calculate the Handling Fee based on the price including VAT, not excluding VAT, which is how it defaults.

The only way to do this that I can figure, would be to enter the product prices including VAT, but that isn't viable either, as the VAT has to be displayed separately.

I've explained that normally handling fees are based on the base price and usually not applicable on taxes etc, but that doesn't seem to be the way my client works. Anyway it seems they have decided that they will just bill their franchisees separately for their handling fees manually after the transaction is complete.

Dark Flare Design :: http://www.darkflaredesign.co.uk :: Web, Print and Logo Design, Ayr

Location - Ayr, Scotland

Post by mberlant » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:34 pm

iain_darkflare wrote:I'm well aware that you can change the order in which the "Order Total" fields are displayed, but that makes no difference to the way they are calculated.
I apologize for replying before I had thoroughly digested what you wrote.

You are absolutely right. I had forgotten that taxes are or are not added to shipping charges based upon a Tax Class selection box in the shipping module, just as it is within a product. I also reread your original post, and some more confusing elements emerged.

I understand that this is for your client and not you directly, so you may not be privy to the legalities involved, but it seems odd for a wholesaler to be collecting tax on behalf of a retailer. How does the wholesaler know the retail price at which this reseller will sell the goods in order to collect tax based upon that retail amount instead of upon the wholesale price the store sells at? And how do you get OpenCart to calculate tax on that retail price instead of the wholesale price and to keep track of which tax authority should ultimately receive how much remittance based upon the tax jurisdiction of each ultimate retail sale? That seems like a tremendous amount of modification to OC. I can only imagine that the volume is large enough to make it worthwhile to do this extra programming and bookkeeping in order to remain legal. Which is why I imagine that this handling charge is a pretty large percentage.

In light of this, about the only thing I can think of is that you gross up the handling fee by the average percentage of retail tax applied to all orders, as compared with the average wholesale sales price of goods. If you had intended to charge 5% handling fee and the average margin across a broad sampling of orders is 50% and the average retail tax rate across a broad sampling of orders is 10%, then you would charge 5% + 0.75% = 5.75% (5% + 150% * 10% * 5%) handling fee instead. Since you had already performed the necessary tax rate and retail margin lookups when calculating the tax, it should be easy enough to just grab the actual tax amount for this purpose, and add it directly to your base handling charge.

This does not address the fact that your handling fees are most likely taxable in themselves, but there is really no way to properly handle what would essentially become a circular calculation.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by Russell Mann » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:43 am

jtech wrote:What a nice mod!
I was wondering if there is a quick way to make the fee be based upon quantity as opposed to cost?

For example: 1 item in cart = $1.50 fee..2 items in cart = $2.00 fee... 3-4 items in cart = $2.50 fee..5-6 items in cart = $3.00 fee...7-12 items in cart = $5.00 fee.

If not does anyone know of a mod that makes this possible? Thanks in advance!
-Jared
Jared, did you ever find a solution to this?

Post by arrjaytea » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:11 am

Anyone know about compatibility with 1.5.3.1?

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:26 am

Updated first post with a vQmod version for 1.5.x (untested)

Administrator

Post by aaronrrc » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:20 am

Thank you very Much!! O0

Post by HomesteadGenStore » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Qphoria wrote:you need to upload the files and overwrite the existing. There is no "Order Total" in my mod
I'm certain the 1531 is ONLY an xml file. What files do I overwrite? What do I put in the 'Order Total' field?
It seems I have put various values in various fields but no matter what the Handling Fee does not show up.

www.HomesteadGeneralStore.com

Location - Waco, Texas

Post by guaren » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:57 am

Qphoria wrote:10:20%, 20:30%, etc

If add 10:20%, 20:30%

total will add 10 , not add 20%.
the handling fee calculate is right, but the total not right.

The version is 1.5.3.1

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:45 pm

HomesteadGenStore wrote:
Qphoria wrote:you need to upload the files and overwrite the existing. There is no "Order Total" in my mod
I'm certain the 1531 is ONLY an xml file. What files do I overwrite? What do I put in the 'Order Total' field?
It seems I have put various values in various fields but no matter what the Handling Fee does not show up.
It is a vQmod script. You need vQmod. Click the "vQmod" in my signature.

Administrator

Post by tribalxgecko » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:50 pm

This mod is exactly what I need, but I am having trouble getting it to figure the handling fee correctly.

I am using Opencart version 1.5.3.1

I have installed vQmod, and that was successful.

I downloaded the XML file and placed it into the .../vqmod/xml folder.

I went into the admin menu and installed / enabled the handling mod. All of that is good to go.

I want there to be a 3% handling fee on all totals, regardless of max / min. So I put 9999999:3% for the 'Fee'. Is that correct? If so, it does nothing...

Am I supposed to put something in the 'Order Total' value? I saw elsewhere you said that this mod does not have an Order Total, but it is still there for me. If I put a value here, then it just adds that amount in front of the total. For example if a person has 7$ total, and if I put a 5 in for the Order Total, then the customers total becomes 57$.

If I put a value in both the Order Total area and the Fee area, it does add in the handling fee, but it does not do % like I need. For example if I put $9999 in the order total and 3% in the fee area, it adds $3.00 flat to all orders under 9999 instead of 3%.
Thanks ;)

Post by Concept211 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:30 am

I ran into the same issue where the client noticed the totals were off after some live transactions :(

I went through Q's code and noticed the numbers not calculating correctly. I updated the vQmod and tested against OpenCart v1.5.4.1 and it all works great now.

Attachments