Post by CUSTOM_UK » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:23 am

Can someone help me with an ammendment to the stylesheet.

In the regular default theme I just change the container from px to % which gives me a fluid width, resolution independent cart.

I have tried to do this with this default2 theme, which I like and although I can get the headers and the page to adopt a fluid full size width, the main display 'body' does not. ??? I've tried altering container3 which alters the width if I use pixels (px) but putting a percentage in there doesnt have the desired effect.

I know it's probably a simple syntax/coding issue, but not being brilliant with CSS, can someone point me in the right direction please.. :choke:

Thanks...

Post by qahar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:10 am

CUSTOM_UK wrote:I have tried to do this with this default2 theme, which I like and although I can get the headers and the page to adopt a fluid full size width, the main display 'body' does not. ??? I've tried altering container3 which alters the width if I use pixels (px) but putting a percentage in there doesnt have the desired effect..
You need to edit the container 1, 2 and 3. Change your stylesheet code into:

Code: Select all

#container {
	min-width: 940px;
	width: 90%;
}
#container2 {
	min-width: 940px;
	width: 98%;
}
#container3 {
	min-width: 920px;
	width: 100%;
}

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by CUSTOM_UK » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:02 pm

Thanks Qahar. That has really helped me out and I now have my fluid width working perfectly. ;D

There is just one single solitary element that I need to realign now. In the Nivo Slider I need the image to be centralised, rather than offset to the left as it is now. For some reason I also have the featured, bestsellers and special boxes aligned horizontally across the bottom of the page now, even though all three are disabled in the admin console?

Post by CUSTOM_UK » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:48 pm

OK, I managed to get rid of the bestsellers, featured and special boxes from the bottom of the page by looking at an earler post in this thread.

That still leaves the nivo slider issue, I just want to image to appear in the centre of the nivo box, rather than on the left, as with fluid width on the template now, it just doesn't look good on the left. Which bit of code no I need to alter?

This is such a nice template, I am hoping Daniel will see fit to ship it out with Opencart in the future, so new users will have the choice of two separate templates to choose from. 8)

Post by qahar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:56 pm

CUSTOM_UK wrote:That still leaves the nivo slider issue, I just want to image to appear in the centre of the nivo box, rather than on the left, as with fluid width on the template now, it just doesn't look good on the left. Which bit of code no I need to alter
Had you give the nivo width value?
or at least try this, it will make your slide always on center:

width: 600px;  <-- use your image width
	margin-left: auto;
	margin-right: auto;

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by CUSTOM_UK » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:10 pm

Thanks again for your help Qahar and the code sample. Not quite sure where this is supposed to go in the stylesheet. Is it to replace code that is already there, or extra code to go with what's already there.

This is my final hurdle...... :D

Post by qahar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:30 pm

;D

#slider {
   position:relative;
   width: 600px;  <-- use your image width
   margin-left: auto;
   margin-right: auto;

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by CUSTOM_UK » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:47 pm

Hi. Have changed the code in the stylesheet, but it has made no difference. The slider image is still on the left rather than centralised. :-\

Post by qahar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:50 am

may be you can put the margin left and right at the last of #slider, before }.

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by feliza » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:34 am

may be you need add extra class, like .categories
then on categories.tpl insert the new class, and the other module font will unchange.
Thanks so much for your reply. Solved. I am sorry I am a newbie. I played around with the Nivo Slider, I want to get the thumbnails navigating show instead of bullets. Could you please show me the code on how to do it?

much Appreciated :)

Post by qahar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:28 am

feliza wrote:Thanks so much for your reply. Solved. I am sorry I am a newbie. I played around with the Nivo Slider, I want to get the thumbnails navigating show instead of bullets. Could you please show me the code on how to do it?

much Appreciated :)
You can read this tutorial: Using thumbnail with Nivo Slider

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by kwasiada » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:16 am

Howdy qahar.
First off I've got say I'm impressed with this cart. I've read a few posts who say that this thing
is brilliant, and I gotta agree. I'm a noob & its tricky but I've tried a few and this is the one for me.

Second, cheers qahar, almost exactly what was needed and I learned a ton of stuff too. Much thanks.

I've been playing with your template for a while & I've got stuck.

It's at http://www.theimporter.co.uk

1. How do I create a banner for the top (Flash would be even better.)
I commented out the top menu ( one with the login, etc)

2. How do I remove the whole search bar (search, language,cash converter, & the bar itself)

3. How do I remove the icons from the left side navigation sections (categories & Information)
Actually I might remove the Information section completely, so I might as well ask for help
for that as well.

4. Finally how do adjust the display inside the latest box so that I could put a box around the whole
of the item (including the price) or even remove the outer box and the heading to leave the products
on their own?

I know it's a lot but I've been at this a while & every time I think I've found an answer it's for a
different version. So any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers again

kwasiada

Post by qahar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:32 am

kwasiada wrote:I've been playing with your template for a while & I've got stuck.
It's at http://www.theimporter.co.uk
I suggest you read my collection of tutorial.

for number 1:
You need to do lot of think to make this ;)
For alternative, you can download login module.

for number 2:
all those stuff inside div 6 on theme/default2/template/common/header.tpl

for number 3:
on theme/default2/template/module/
- category.tpl
- information.tpl

for number 4:
you need to know CSS to edit the style
or at least edit on theme/default2/template/module/latest_home.tpl to remove the outer box and header.

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by kwasiada » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:24 pm

Man you are quick
I've been up all night so I'm gonna watch an anime, then hit the hay.
Tomorrow I'll thrash this thing out.
Much much praise for the help.
I'll let you know how this pans out.

Peace

kwasiada

Post by qahar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:37 pm

No problem.. ;D

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by CUSTOM_UK » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:25 am

qahar wrote:may be you can put the margin left and right at the last of #slider, before }.
Sadly I still cannot get the slider image to centralise. It still stays on the left and just doesn't look right :(

It's a shame as it is the only element I can't get to work with fluid width, but sadly I have only a very basic knowledge of CSS and zero knowledge of how the slider is set up.

I'll have another go with it tomorrow and see if I can can the slider image central, if not it will mean going back to the basic default template.

Thanks for all your help on this.

Post by qahar » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:16 pm

CUSTOM_UK wrote: Sadly I still cannot get the slider image to centralise. It still stays on the left and just doesn't look right :(

It's a shame as it is the only element I can't get to work with fluid width, but sadly I have only a very basic knowledge of CSS and zero knowledge of how the slider is set up.
really? it's work for me..
hope you will find the answer, good luck.. :)

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by CUSTOM_UK » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:44 pm

Thanks for all your help on this Qahar.

I am using a 1440x900 resolution screen, so it may be that the effect is more pronounced on my monitor. ???

I am using the default2 theme with no modifications other than removing the three boxes from along the bottom. I'll try it on my Xampp environment with a fresh install and see if that has any effect.

Thanks again for all your help with this. :)

Post by kwasiada » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:30 am

Hi again. Thanx for the help the site looks ok.

http://www.theimporter.co.uk

Can't work out the banner but that's not super important.

Problem is I can't hook up the main menu navigation to any pages.

I need to make a form page but I can't figure it. I've looked all over
the tutorials page but no joy.

Nearly there.

Bed time

Peace

kwasiada

Post by qahar » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:04 pm

kwasiada wrote:I need to make a form page but I can't figure it. I've looked all over
the tutorials page but no joy.
You need some one to help you to do this.
Lot of commercial support here, i cant help you for this right now.

Your site look so soft, you pick nice background color

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia