Post by lashman » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:19 am

Very sorry missed it.
Thanks,
Lashman

Location - North Yorkshire

Post by ha33y » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am

Looking much better now qahar

well done and thank you!

One more ting how can i edit the footer text as shown below, I can checked every tpl and footer file i can think of but cannot find where it is hidden?

Post by qahar » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:06 am

ha33y wrote:Looking much better now qahar

well done and thank you!

One more ting how can i edit the footer text as shown below, I can checked every tpl and footer file i can think of but cannot find where it is hidden?
glad to know that.. :D
footer text always on footer.tpl
I open your site moment ago, and i think it's solved right?

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by ha33y » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:15 am

no, if you notice I made adjustments to the footer text but the original is still at the end repeating from somewhere else i cant find where, any ideas?

Post by qahar » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:17 am

ha33y wrote:no, if you notice I made adjustments to the footer text but the original is still at the end repeating from somewhere else i cant find where, any ideas?
hmm... had you check footer.php on controller or may be the language? may be you make change there

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by ha33y » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:23 am

well i have checked both controller and language and all other footer php and tpl files and I cannot see where this text is coming from...there must be a ghost in my system....!

Post by jones » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:30 am

this look like come from Google Analytics or another similar in module

Post by ha33y » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:02 am

i don't have Google analytics installed and cant find it coming from anywhere else, how can this be?? where else can i look?

Post by qahar » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:11 am

i think it's because google translate (may be), when i play with it, your footer look like this:
All Rights Reserved � : Navi Audio Systems

no idea about anything else right now

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by ha33y » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 am

hahaha no that is me playing with it now, i didn't know how to get the © cause i am not good with html, but now i have found it © ha...anyway I have reversed the text as you see it now, not really the way it should read but it will do for now. If you think where else this line of text could be hiding or being redirected from i would appreciate your ideas.

Thank you so much for your beautiful design, help and dedication. i really do appreciate it.

and thanks to all for your input too.

It would be nice to resolve this silly issue though for peace of mind, so open to any other ideas suggestions.

Thanks guys
peace !

Post by ha33y » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:42 am

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is taking it from the "settings " section under General .."Store Name" I changed it and it was reflected immediately at the footer.

Is this what you intended qahar?

Post by qahar » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:45 am

owh.. thank for your apreciation, would you mind to write a review (may be feedback) for default2 free?
I think it will help other people to make decision to use it or not. :D
Regards,

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by ha33y » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:00 am

of course i will for you my friend, it is a lovely template, but would you please answer my question...
did you intend for the footer to be controlled by the "store name" section in General settings?

The problem is that it should really read Navi Audio Systems © all rights reserved, NOT the other way around. But the way this happens now i cannot change it.

Can anything be done about this ?

Post by qahar » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:28 am

i think you can remove <?php echo $text_powered_by; ?> on footer.tpl and write your own footer text :P

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by Plugje » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:06 am

For people who have problem with the search button, Qahar already explained how to change the width value. But in some cases you need to make it bigger (for instance when you select the Hungarian language). But then the language and currency selector will go down. To fix this change this in the stylesheet.css:
Change this:

Code: Select all

#search {
	Width:520px;
padding-top: 1px;
	padding-left: 10px;
	color: #222;
	font-weight: bold;
	float: left;
Into this:

#search {
	padding-top: 1px;
	padding-left: 10px;
	color: #222;
	font-weight: bold;
	float: left;
and change this:

#lang_cur {
	width: 350px;
	float: right;
into this:

#lang_cur {
	width: 300px;
	float: right;
When you use different languages and you like to have About Us and Features in your header you have to edit catalog/view/theme/default2free/template/common/header.tpl
Change this:

<!-- difference menu per language -->
<?php if ($lang =='en') { ?>
	<a href="index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4">About Us</a>
	<a href="index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7">Features</a>
<?php } else if ($lang =='ar') { ?>
<?php } ?>
To this:

<!-- difference menu per language -->
<?php if ($lang =='en') { ?>
<?php } else if ($lang =='nl') { ?>
	<a href="index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4">Over ons</a>
	<a href="index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7">Aanbevolen</a>
<?php } ?>
I changed the language Arabic (ar) into Dutch (nl). When you want to add more languages just copy and paste this

<?php } else if ($lang =='nl') { ?>
	<a href="index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4">Over ons</a>
	<a href="index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7">Aanbevolen</a>
Change the $lang ==' in the language you need. Change the tekst in the text you want

Qahar, you did a great job with this template :)

I have a question about my change which I discribe above. When I put caracters like ó and Ü in the information_id i get a block in the header in IE and in Chrome a ?(questionmark)
For instance

<a href="index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4">Rólunk</a>

gives R?lunk as a result in Chrome. Do you know how I can change this?

Martin
Last edited by Plugje on Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by gavin m » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:08 am

qahar wrote:
gavin m wrote:Just a quick question, ont he thre boxes at the bottom, is it configurable to only show 2? So, if I didn't want 'SPECIALS' can I turn it off and the other 2 adjust to fill the space?

Thanks
turn it off by remove on home.tpl, but you need to change the stylesheet to split it into 2, not three.
Thanks. Something to do when I have an hour spare then.... My CSS is getting better but I like to have enough time in case I get it wrong. :laugh:

Post by Plugje » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:18 am

Is it possible in the commercial version of the template to have the category also on the left part like in the free version? On the demo site you only can choose the category with the drop-down menu.

Post by qahar » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:30 am

Plugje wrote:For people who have problem with the search button, Qahar already explained how to change the width value. But in some cases you need to make it bigger (for instance when you select the Hungarian language). But then the language and currency selector will go down. To fix this change this in the stylesheet.css:

<a href="index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4">Rólunk</a>

gives R?lunk as a result in Chrome. Do you know how I can change this?

Martin
Thanks for giving nice tutorial for other users martin, i think im forgot to put it on documentation.
May be you can use &oacute; = ó and &uuml; = ü (refference)

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by qahar » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:33 am

Plugje wrote:Is it possible in the commercial version of the template to have the category also on the left part like in the free version? On the demo site you only can choose the category with the drop-down menu.
Yes, but its not support RTL yet.

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia