Post by JIMSLITA » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:25 am

Hi all!

I had been looking for something like this and found a great starting point with Fabius's fabulous free extension Auto SEO Titles, but I wanted it to do a bit more...and then a bit more. You can be as creative as you want but essentially I wanted to be able to add the word 'SALE' to the Titles of products with [special prices] so I started by adding that to the code - then I wanted to include the price, and then the special price if there was one... and then I wanted to make the Category Titles subliminal instructions so I just tweaked the Category Titles a bit too. You can see from the xml the concept and can make similar changes to the Titles for any of the other pages to make them better or, at worst, more interesting!

What you end up with is product page titles such as:

Normal priced goods >> {your product name} only {your price} - {parent category} - YOUR STORE NAME

Apple iPod Touch 8GB only 99$ - Ipods - MySuperStore.com

Special Priced goods >> ON SALE! {your product name} for {your special price} - {parent category} - YOUR STORE NAME

ON SALE! Apple iPod Touch 8GB only 79$ - Ipods - MySuperStore.com

Category page Titles such as:
Buy Your {category name} from YOUR STORE NAME

Buy Your iPods from MySuperStore.com

Hope it helps someone - all credit goes to Fabius for the initial extension but I hope that this extended version will be helpful to someone. Its just a drop in the ocean but you have to start somewhere!
this is the english version - you'll have to translate for a different language. Should be fine for v1.5.3, v1.5.3.1, v1.5.4, v1.5.4.1, v1.5.5, v1.5.5.1 (tested on 1.5.4 running lots of extensions in vQMod)

OC v 1.5.4 with alot of tweaks,exts & mods.

Post by ibietela » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:11 pm

I don't understand you... And i use 1.5.6

Post by JIMSLITA » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:50 pm

I haven't tested this with 1.5.6 - sorry.

Just does as described in the OP.

OC v 1.5.4 with alot of tweaks,exts & mods.

Post by Cue4cheap » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:09 am

I just installed it with 1.5.6 and it seems to work. I will have to actually validate it with a couple more tests but within one minute test it looks like it works.
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by Ljubo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:49 am

thanks, working just ok!

Location - Serbia