Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:17 am

The Export/Import tool is now available for OpenCart 1.5.5.x.

This latest version contains an improved error handler. And it now uses the XLSX as the default spreadsheet file format.

Still on our to-do list:

- Make it more override-friendly for customisations
- Incremental Import
- Multilingual support

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Xciso » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:04 am

Thanks JNeuhoff! You are just amazing :)
Is it any big updates with this version for 1.5.5.1?

I know you talked about UTF-8, and multilanguage..

Post by qaso » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:07 am

I am getting this error:

It generates xlsx file but inside it is following text and nothing else:

Code: Select all

PHP Fatal error: '<strong>Could not close zip file php://output.</strong>' <br />
 in /data/f/i/*****/web/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Writer/Excel2007.php:378<br />
Stack trace:<br />
#0 admin/model/tool/export.php(2599): PHPExcel_Writer_Excel2007->save('php://output')<br />
#1 admin/controller/tool/export.php(114): ModelToolExport->download()<br />
#2 [internal function]: ControllerToolExport->download()<br />
#3 vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_front.php(56): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)<br />
#4 vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_front.php(42): Front->execute(Object(Action))<br />
#5 admin/index.php(163): Front->dispatch(Object(Action), Object(Action))<br />
#6 {main}

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:34 am

Xciso wrote:Thanks JNeuhoff! You are just amazing :)
Is it any big updates with this version for 1.5.5.1?

I know you talked about UTF-8, and multilanguage..
The worksheets are still the same. We mainly focused on an improved error handler, and the usage of XLSX instead of the old XLS. Also, it now only needs PHPExcel, no PEAR libraries. Will improve foreign language character support in the next release, UTF-8 should work with XLSX by default.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by siffrock » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:26 pm

I have just installed the extention.
In order to start to work on it, I exported first to see the fields I need to use.
I downloaded the xlsx file but excel failed to open it saying it was in a wrong format or it was corrupted.
Any idea?
Thx

Location - London

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:04 pm

siffrock wrote:I have just installed the extention.
In order to start to work on it, I exported first to see the fields I need to use.
I downloaded the xlsx file but excel failed to open it saying it was in a wrong format or it was corrupted.
Any idea?
Thx
Use OpenOffice or LibreOffice. Other than that, you don' t provide enough details,soIam unable to help you.

Guru Member

Post by siffrock » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi JNeuhouff,
thanks for your reply.... yes, you are right I didn't give enough details ;-)
Ok, I have OC 1.5.5.1, I have installed your mod with vqmod and exported the first xlsx file.
I opened the file with excel 2010 and it failed.
I followed your suggestion to use OpenOffice and still doesn't show anything similar to a worksheet.
you can find the file I have downloaded here www.csvsick.com/backup_categories_products.xlsx
If you need more details, please let me know which one.
Thanks again...

P.S. I used a long time ago your old mod on oc 1.4 and it was really good ;-)

Location - London

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:12 pm

siffrock wrote:Hi JNeuhouff,
thanks for your reply.... yes, you are right I didn't give enough details ;-)
Ok, I have OC 1.5.5.1, I have installed your mod with vqmod and exported the first xlsx file.
I opened the file with excel 2010 and it failed.
I followed your suggestion to use OpenOffice and still doesn't show anything similar to a worksheet.
you can find the file I have downloaded here http://www.csvsick.com/backup_categories_products.xlsx
If you need more details, please let me know which one.
Thanks again...

P.S. I used a long time ago your old mod on oc 1.4 and it was really good ;-)
You got this error message in your XLSX file:

Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/linweb18/m/monteverde.org.uk-1064622979/user/htdocs/oc2/admin/controller/tool/export.php on line 110

Please comment out line 110 in your admin/controller/tool/export.php and try again. Your webhost is overly restrictive with the security settings!

Guru Member

Post by siffrock » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:44 pm

and it worked... ;-)
Sorry I didn't noticed that messag eon the first line....
I hope this will help to other people.
thanks
R.

Location - London

Post by qaso » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:08 am

JNeuhoff plase could you provide me some info about my problem? Anyway I would like to thank you for your extension. I am using Opencart 1.5.5.1 and vqmod. I did everything by readme.txt but my import/export addon is generating xlsx file with following text inside it (when I open it with notepad):

PHP Fatal error: '<strong>Could not close zip file php://output.</strong>' <br />
 in /data/f/i/*****/web/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Writer/Excel2007.php:378<br />
#0 admin/model/tool/export.php(2599): PHPExcel_Writer_Excel2007->save('php://output')<br />
#3 vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_front.php(56): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)<br />
#4 vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_front.php(42): Front->execute(Object(Action))<br />
#6 {main}
I read somewhere that it could be a problem with permissions. What should I do to fix that?

Thank you.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:15 am

qaso wrote:JNeuhoff plase could you provide me some info about my problem? Anyway I would like to thank you for your extension. I am using Opencart 1.5.5.1 and vqmod. I did everything by readme.txt but my import/export addon is generating xlsx file with following text inside it (when I open it with notepad):

#6 {main}
I read somewhere that it could be a problem with permissions. What should I do to fix that?

Thank you.

Yes, it looks like your PHP runs in safe_mode, which restricts access to zipped files in the php://output stream. I am afraid the only option is to switch web host, or to ask your web host to remove this restriction.

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:30 am

I just uploaded another minor update of the Export/Import tool for OpenCart 1.5.5.x.
It provides improved error and exception handlers.

Guru Member

Post by qaso » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:48 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
qaso wrote:JNeuhoff plase could you provide me some info about my problem? Anyway I would like to thank you for your extension. I am using Opencart 1.5.5.1 and vqmod. I did everything by readme.txt but my import/export addon is generating xlsx file with following text inside it (when I open it with notepad):

#6 {main}

Thank you.

Yes, it looks like your PHP runs in safe_mode, which restricts access to zipped files in the php://output stream. I am afraid the only option is to switch web host, or to ask your web host to remove this restriction.
Thanks for your anwer. Php_safe is turned off. I can edit all my php settings in web admin. So where could be a problem?

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:44 am

qaso wrote: Thanks for your anwer. Php_safe is turned off. I can edit all my php settings in web admin. So where could be a problem?
As the error message suggests, it ismost likely an access right issue. or it could also be that you haven't the ZIP library installed on your server for PHP. Try using the latest Export/Import tool, which I uploaded a few hours ago. If the problem persists, check your system/logs/error.txt for any more details.

Guru Member

Post by qaso » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:19 pm

I have installed your newest version. It still doesnt work. Here is log:

2013-02-21 14:16:50 - PHP Warning:  realpath() [<a href='function.realpath'>function.realpath</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/data/web/filatelista.eu/:/data/f/i/filatelista.eu/:/usr/php53/lib/php/:/apachetmp/) in /data/f/i/filatelista.eu/web/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/File.php on line 136
2013-02-21 14:16:50 - PHP Warning:  tempnam() [<a href='function.tempnam'>function.tempnam</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/data/web/filatelista.eu/:/data/f/i/filatelista.eu/:/usr/php53/lib/php/:/apachetmp/) in /data/f/i/filatelista.eu/web/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Writer/Excel2007.php on line 205
2013-02-21 14:16:50 - PHP Exception:  Could not close zip file php://output. in /data/f/i/filatelista.eu/web/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Writer/Excel2007.php on line 378

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:31 pm

qaso wrote:I have installed your newest version. It still doesnt work. Here is log:

2013-02-21 14:16:50 - PHP Warning:  realpath() [<a href='function.realpath'>function.realpath</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/data/web/filatelista.eu/:/data/f/i/filatelista.eu/:/usr/php53/lib/php/:/apachetmp/) in /data/f/i/filatelista.eu/web/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/File.php on line 136
2013-02-21 14:16:50 - PHP Warning:  tempnam() [<a href='function.tempnam'>function.tempnam</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/data/web/filatelista.eu/:/data/f/i/filatelista.eu/:/usr/php53/lib/php/:/apachetmp/) in /data/f/i/filatelista.eu/web/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Writer/Excel2007.php on line 205
2013-02-21 14:16:50 - PHP Exception:  Could not close zip file php://output. in /data/f/i/filatelista.eu/web/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Writer/Excel2007.php on line 378
I don't think it will ever work with your webhost.

The PHP warnings can be overcome by using your upload_tmp_dir php setting in your 'admin/php.ini'. But the PHP Exception about not being able to close the zip file in the php://output stream is most likely because of an overly restrictive security setting, or because of a missing ZIP library for your PHP.

Guru Member

Post by qaso » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:22 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
qaso wrote:I have installed your newest version. It still doesnt work. Here is log:

I don't think it will ever work with your webhost.

The PHP warnings can be overcome by using your upload_tmp_dir php setting in your 'admin/php.ini'. But the PHP Exception about not being able to close the zip file in the php://output stream is most likely because of an overly restrictive security setting, or because of a missing ZIP library for your PHP.
Thank you. I contacted my webhosting provider and we will see.

Post by gvb » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 am

Hello JNeuhoff, I would like to know why you dont take the extension http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... Sgnp6JhiSo
that is based on your extension and have the ability of multilanguage and incremental imports you wont!! That way everybody would win...at least the ones that want multilanguage and incremetal import supported to the latest OC version! :-) How about that!! How agrees with me! O0 Thanx JN

http://artefects.pt

gvb

Location - Portugal

Post by irinaplyaterovich » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:38 am

I have a proplem :
2013-02-25 4:30:58 - PHP Warning: realpath(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/admin/data:.) in /var/www/admin/data/www/(***)/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/File.php on line 136
2013-02-25 4:30:58 - PHP Warning: tempnam(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/admin/data:.) in /var/www/admin/data/www/(***)/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Writer/Excel2007.php on line 205
2013-02-25 4:30:58 - PHP Exception: Could not close zip file php://output. in /var/www/admin/data/www/(***)/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Writer/Excel2007.php on line 378
On my VPS with full root acsec access

Post by Xciso » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:36 am

I open the file i exported in OpenOffice (3.4.1.) and when i look at the names this looks to be wrong.
What can i do? I have never had this problems with your older versions. I use OpenCart 1.5.5.1.

I tryed at a other computer with older version of OpenOffice and there it looks good. But with that old version i cant save the file with xlsx. :(

Link to image so you can see what i mean:
http://79.99.6.193/oc_test/image/import-export.png

Please respond soon so i can get start working :)