Post by crunchyroll » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:39 pm

hi rebdog, I sent a pm to request a custom installation as well as an email. Would you have time to do it?

Thanks!

Post by latamgroup » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:18 am

Hi, I just installed and set the permissions and I created two tabs. The problem is that the tab I have created is not appearing. yet the download link I created is, but not under specifications. I have chosen the various options of placement, but it makes the pdf I am pointing appear but not under a new tab called specifications, which is the tab I created.

thanks

Post by rebdog » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:01 am

latamgroup wrote:Hi, I just installed and set the permissions and I created two tabs. The problem is that the tab I have created is not appearing. yet the download link I created is, but not under specifications. I have chosen the various options of placement, but it makes the pdf I am pointing appear but not under a new tab called specifications, which is the tab I created.

thanks
Please do not post the same question in two places. The answer is the same :-)

Hi

What Theme are you using?

Out of the box it works with the Opencart Default Theme. If you are using another Theme it may not work without customisation as the modifications the extension makes to the product.tpl page do not get made properly because of the modifications the theme makers has made.

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Location - Auckland, New Zealand

Post by dmonco » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:17 am

rebdog wrote:
dmonco wrote:When I go to Catalog - Extra Product Tabs - Insert and after Save I have this error

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function utf8_strlen() in admin/controller/catalog/tab.php on line 486
Opencart 1.5.0, vqmod vqmod-2.3.0-opencart
How to fix it?

P.S.
I tryed to comment that place like this

//	if ((utf8_strlen($value['name']) < 3) || (utf8_strlen($value['name']) > 64)) {
				//	$this->error['name'][$language_id] = $this->language->get('error_name');
				//}
Everything works fine with creating extra pruduct tabs, but when I go to Product - edit - Extra tab and start type the name of page nothing happens. It doesn't appear to choose it.
I tryed both extraproducttabsv1.0.4b8 and extraproducttabsv1.0.3a
I have the same errors.
Sorry 1.5.0 is not a version that is supported, however try the following

Replace

if ((utf8_strlen($value['name']) < 3) || (utf8_strlen($value['name']) > 64)) {
      $this->error['name'][$language_id] = $this->language->get('error_name');
with

if ((strlen(utf8_decode($value['name']))< 3) || (utf8_strlen($value['name']) > 64)) {
Cheers
Unfortunately, it still has error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function utf8_strlen() in admin/controller/catalog/tab.php on line 487
Could you advise me how else I can fix it?

Location - Ukraine

Post by rebdog » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:43 am

dmonco wrote:
rebdog wrote: Sorry 1.5.0 is not a version that is supported, however try the following

Replace

if ((utf8_strlen($value['name']) < 3) || (utf8_strlen($value['name']) > 64)) {
with

if ((strlen(utf8_decode($value['name']))< 3) || (utf8_strlen($value['name']) > 64)) {
Cheers
Unfortunately, it still has error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function utf8_strlen() in admin/controller/catalog/tab.php on line 487
Could you advise me how else I can fix it?
Hi

As above OpenCart 1.5.0 is not a version that is supported which is why you are having issues.

Sorry I do not have the time to 'fix' all the issues you have with an unsupported OC version.

Please upgrade OpenCart to a version the extension is know to support, or use another extension that is known to work with 1.5.0, there are a few commercial product tab extensions that list Opencart V1.5.0 as a supported OC version

The problem is utf8_strlen is not included in the version of Opencart you are using

which is why I replaced

utf8_strlen($value['name'])

with

strlen(utf8_decode($value['name']))

you will need to make similar changes in other places that use utf8_strlen which does not exist in OC 1.5.0

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by crunchyroll » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:52 am

Is there any reason you're ignoring my pm's, my replies and my email? I mentioned that I was willing to pay and you even sent me an amount to pay for it. I said I am willing to pay. If you don't want to do it, you can just say so. I've been waiting for over a week.

Post by rebdog » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:21 am

crunchyroll wrote:Is there any reason you're ignoring my pm's, my replies and my email? I mentioned that I was willing to pay and you even sent me an amount to pay for it. I said I am willing to pay. If you don't want to do it, you can just say so. I've been waiting for over a week.
Hi

My apologies I thought I was waiting for you to pay, when the problem was I had not sent a payment request.

Have send you one now and and will send you an email shortly.

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by crunchyroll » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:28 am

Got it worked out, rebdog is an awesome dude. Never meant any rudeness towards the reply for anyone who questions his service. Thumbs up!!

Post by tom92 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi,
I'm facing a simply error which i dunno how to fix at all,
In admin page, at the "catalog-->Extra Product Tabs" I have created "delivery"
But when i go to one of my product at "Extra Tabs" there and i type in my new tab name "Delivery" and it doesn't show up and i couldn't create an extra tab.

Any idea?

Please reply me asap

Best Regards,
Tom

Post by rebdog » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:04 pm

tom92 wrote: Please reply me asap

Best Regards,
Tom
Please don't put please reply ASAP, next time you do so I will just ignore your question, so 'as soon as possible' will be never.

Why will I ignore you?

ASAP is peremptory. It says that your needs are more urgent than the needs of others.

I and nobody that I am aware of, gets paid to share their expertise and experience on these message boards, so responding is low on the priority list. People who do respond do so out of generosity and helpfulness.

As you are depending on people’s generosity, state what you need, but please don't think you can order them around.

Ok end of preaching :-) and am sure you did not mean to offend
tom92 wrote:Hi,
I'm facing a simply error which i dunno how to fix at all,
In admin page, at the "catalog-->Extra Product Tabs" I have created "delivery"
But when i go to one of my product at "Extra Tabs" there and i type in my new tab name "Delivery" and it doesn't show up and i couldn't create an extra tab.
You mentioned you created a tab 'delivery' with a little letter 'd' and you tried to type in 'Delivery' with a capital 'D' would guess that is your issue.

You can of course just type a space into the Tab Name box and you 'should' get a list of the tabs you have created. (I can never remember the tab names so that is why a list appears when you type a space as it is useful for ME)

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by tom92 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:20 pm

Dear rebdog,
Sorry for the 'asap" because im new i dunno anything and i didnt mean that :D
And i know what are you talking about. even i created "Delivery" i type "D", "d" or even space, but it still don't appear at all.
And i dunno what is the reason at all. I've installed successfully but couldn't find the issues.

Thanks for you fast reply ???

Post by rebdog » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:35 am

tom92 wrote:Dear rebdog,
Sorry for the 'asap" because im new i dunno anything and i didnt mean that :D
And i know what are you talking about. even i created "Delivery" i type "D", "d" or even space, but it still don't appear at all.
And i dunno what is the reason at all. I've installed successfully but couldn't find the issues.

Thanks for you fast reply ???
Hi

Sorry I have no idea what the issue is, will need more information.

Can you tell me the OC version? What theme are you using although in the admin area that should not make a difference.

If possible can you PM me a admin login to the site so I can have a look. Create a new temporary login and remove it as soon as I have had a look.

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by tom92 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Dear rebdog,
I'm using OC 1.5.5.1v
Theme using is default-black
And my admin i didn't change or renamed anything.
After i installed it makes my product comment tab gone and bug.

Thanks for your kindness~

Post by rebdog » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:31 pm

tom92 wrote:Dear rebdog,
I'm using OC 1.5.5.1v
Theme using is default-black
And my admin i didn't change or renamed anything.
After i installed it makes my product comment tab gone and bug.

Thanks for your kindness~
Just so others who may be searching this thread know. The problem was another extension was inserting code in the middle of a block of code this extension adds to "admin/view/template/catalog/product_form.tpl"

While you did not 'make' any changes to admin you have a number of extensions installed that do make changes to the admin interface and one of these was causing the issue.

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by mashak » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi
Can you please make it compatible with sellegance theme?

thank you! :)

Post by rebdog » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:28 am

mashak wrote:Hi
Can you please make it compatible with sellegance theme?

thank you! :)
Hi

Sorry I cannot, as per the extension description page
Integration with other themes is available as a paid service, please send me a message to request a price.
Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by beyondthenet » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:18 am

The tabs are working fine but I cannot link to an image using the CKeditor. I can select an image but do not see any option to link to it. I can upload and move images, but not link to an image.

My workaround is that going into the source code and adding an absolute link to an image.

Am I missing something?

Is there a way to use or upload a better editor (such as JCeditor?)

Thank you

Post by rebdog » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:51 am

beyondthenet wrote:The tabs are working fine but I cannot link to an image using the CKeditor. I can select an image but do not see any option to link to it. I can upload and move images, but not link to an image.

My workaround is that going into the source code and adding an absolute link to an image.

Am I missing something?

Is there a way to use or upload a better editor (such as JCeditor?)

Thank you
Hi

Can I check which OpenCart version you are using, as I personally use images a lot on our own site and I just use the CKeditor If the OC bersion is 1.5.5.1 when did you download it as it changes?

Also have you made any changes to CKeditor?

Finally with CKeditor you have an option to view the html code, can you try inserting an image and paste the html code.

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by beyondthenet » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:57 am

I use the latest version of OC and have not touched CKeditor. I'm using Mijoshop theme (via Joomla) and have JCEeditor working fine on the Product tab.

Yes, I'm using the code view as a workaround.

Post by rebdog » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:43 am

beyondthenet wrote:I use the latest version of OC and have not touched CKeditor. I'm using Mijoshop theme (via Joomla) and have JCEeditor working fine on the Product tab.

Yes, I'm using the code view as a workaround.
Sorry I do not know anything about the Mijoshop (via Joomla) if you have a look at the description of this extension you will note Mijoshop is specifically listed as unsupported.

As this is a FREE extension I do not have the time nor am I willing to pay the $US99 fee per year for Mijoshop. I am actually surprised this extension works at all with Mijoshop at all.

I suspect the issue is something to do with how Mijoshop interacts with CKeditor, but really it is just a guess.

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs