Post by rebdog » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:38 pm

fei wrote:after update to TEST_VERSION_extra_product_tabs_v1.0.4_b6.zip, the error is gone and working normally.
Hi fei

Great, thanks for letting me know and special thanks for the translation.

Have uploaded TEST_VERSION_extra_product_tabs_v1.0.4_b7.zip which has your translation in it, if you get a minute, could you test, just to make sure I have added your translation correctly.

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Location - Auckland, New Zealand

Post by fei » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:18 am

update $_['error_product'] to $_['error_product_tab']

Attachments

fei

Post by rebdog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:23 am

fei wrote:update $_['error_product'] to $_['error_product_tab']
Hi

Thanks for that is already corrected in all languages in version extra_product_tabs_v1.0.4_b8 which I loaded last night.

Well spotted though.

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by yiyinlah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:52 am

Hello!

Is there any fast way to include all the extra tabs to all my products?
I only have 2 extra tabs, which are delivery & size chart.
I want to quickly add them (filled out with info) to all my products, is it possible?

And also possible to pre-load them in the new products I create?

Example: Create new product, product extra tabs already pre-loaded with delivery & size chart which are already filled out with info.

Thank you so much for your contribution!
Works excellent with 1.5.4.1!!!
THANK YOU!! WONDERFUL & USEFUL!!

I'm using Opencart 1.5.4.1 & vQmod 2.3.2.

Location - Singapore

Post by rebdog » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 am

yiyinlah wrote:Hello!

Is there any fast way to include all the extra tabs to all my products?
I only have 2 extra tabs, which are delivery & size chart.
I want to quickly add them (filled out with info) to all my products, is it possible?

And also possible to pre-load them in the new products I create?

Example: Create new product, product extra tabs already pre-loaded with delivery & size chart which are already filled out with info.

Thank you so much for your contribution!
Works excellent with 1.5.4.1!!!
THANK YOU!! WONDERFUL & USEFUL!!
Hi

Thanks for your comments. Singapore is a lovely place, I lived there for 2 years about 6 years ago.

Sorry it is not possible to add a tab to all your products at once, the extension does not have that functionality.

Nor is it possible to add to all new products, for new products probably the easiest way it to copy an existing product.

Custom Product Tab PRO / Extra Tab (vQmod) which is a commercial extra tabs extension by bull5-i has the functionality you are after and at $US20 is great value.

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by essexboyupnorth » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:38 am

Thanks for the great extension, useful, easy to set up and free, it's much appreciated.

I have unfortunately found a conflict with the Open Stock module, when the Extra Product Tabs XML files are in the VQMod folder Open Stock does not display its tabs in the product page, when Extra Product Tabs are removed, Open Stock starts working.

This is not request for support, just pointing out a conflict, if I work out how to fix it I'll let you know.

Thanks again
Mark

Post by rebdog » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:57 pm

essexboyupnorth wrote:Thanks for the great extension, useful, easy to set up and free, it's much appreciated.

I have unfortunately found a conflict with the Open Stock module, when the Extra Product Tabs XML files are in the VQMod folder Open Stock does not display its tabs in the product page, when Extra Product Tabs are removed, Open Stock starts working.

This is not request for support, just pointing out a conflict, if I work out how to fix it I'll let you know.

Thanks again
Mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for your message. Obviously was not aware of the 'conflict' and of course I do not have the 'Open Stock' extension so cannot test.

Out of interest you said the conflict was the 'Product Page' do you mean the 'Product Page' the customer sees or the admin 'Product Page'

I had a quick look at photos of the 'OpenStock' extension and would guess the problem is the admin page.

There will be a conflict in the mods both extensions are trying to make.

If you rename the extra product xmls files so the names start with 'z_' ... then would guess OpenStock will work and extra product tabs will fail.

Reason being is the vqmod files are processed in order based on the vqmod file name.

Anyway let me know.

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by amitweb007 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Permission denied is showing in admin panel,

Plz. help, what should i do?

Post by rebdog » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:18 pm

amitweb007 wrote:Permission denied is showing in admin panel,

Plz. help, what should i do?
Hi

Have you followed all the instructions in th install file?

One of the instructions tells you how to set the permissions so you can access the settings page.

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by gregy1403 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi

Using version 1.0.3. on OC 1.5.4.1 and when i'm done with installation and add extra tab. Then later on front site when i look at product page tabs are messed (http://www.smsvstopnice.si/leonard-cohe ... ce-koncert)

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thank you

Post by rebdog » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:16 am

gregy1403 wrote:Hi

Using version 1.0.3. on OC 1.5.4.1 and when i'm done with installation and add extra tab. Then later on front site when i look at product page tabs are messed (http://www.smsvstopnice.si/leonard-cohe ... ce-koncert)

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thank you
Hi

Has a look at your site, am guessing you are not using the standard Opencart theme. I do offer a paid service to modify the extension to different theme. You can send me a PM if you are interested.

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by sparkalina » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:44 pm

I've managed to get a working installation going (using TEST_VERSION_extra_product_tabs_v1.0.4_b8.zip)for 1.5.4 for this extension, tables are present, tab data are being added correctly to the tables, but my product page has errors and it's choking here:

Code: Select all

// End ADdpublic function getProductTabs($product_id) {

$product_tab_data = array();

$product_tab_query = $this->db->query("SELECT t.tab_id, td.name, pt.text, t.position, t.show_empty FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "product_tab pt LEFT JOIN " . DB_PREFIX . "tab t ON (pt.tab_id = t.tab_id) LEFT JOIN " . DB_PREFIX . "tab_description td ON (t.tab_id = td.tab_id) WHERE pt.product_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' AND td.language_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') . "' AND pt.language_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') . "' AND t.status = '1' AND ( t.show_empty = '1' OR NOT pt.text REGEXP '^[[:space:]]*$' ) ORDER BY t.position, t.sort_order, td.name");

foreach ($product_tab_query->rows as $product_tab) {

$product_tab_data[] = array(
								'tab_id' 				=> $product_tab['tab_id'],
								'name'      		=> $product_tab['name'],
								'text'      		=> $product_tab['text'],
								'position' 			=> $product_tab['position']
							);
					}

return $product_tab_data;
				}
}
?>
Completely clueless on what's happening here.

Error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/****/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_model_catalog_product.php on line 605

Also, I checked to make sure it wasn't my product.tpl template just in case because I had added some changes, so I uploaded a fresh copy. No luck, same error. (using the default theme) / vqmod 2.1.7
Last edited by sparkalina on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by rebdog » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:46 pm

sparkalina wrote:I've managed to get a working installation going (using TEST_VERSION_extra_product_tabs_v1.0.4_b8.zip)for 1.5.4 for this extension, tables are present, tab data are being added correctly to the tables, but my product page has errors and it's choking here:

$product_tab_query = $this->db->query("SELECT t.tab_id, td.name, pt.text, t.position, t.show_empty FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "product_tab pt LEFT JOIN " . DB_PREFIX . "tab t ON (pt.tab_id = t.tab_id) LEFT JOIN " . DB_PREFIX . "tab_description td ON (t.tab_id = td.tab_id) WHERE pt.product_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' AND td.language_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') . "' AND pt.language_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') . "' AND t.status = '1' AND ( t.show_empty = '1' OR NOT pt.text REGEXP '^[[:space:]]*$' ) ORDER BY t.position, t.sort_order, td.name");

);
					}

}
}
?>
Completely clueless on what's happening here.

Error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/****/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_model_catalog_product.php on line 605

Also, I checked to make sure it wasn't my product.tpl template just in case because I had added some changes, so I uploaded a fresh copy. No luck, same error.

Have you made changes to catalog/model/catalog/product.php

because the

// End ADd
is not in the standard opencart file and is what is causing the problem as

public function getProductTabs($product_id) {
should start on a line by itself

not

OR are you using any other extensions that modify that file?

One way to test is to install vqmod manager and disable all extensions except this one then add the other extensions one at a time to see which one the conflict is with.

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by sparkalina » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:08 pm

This isn't even in my catalog/model/catalog/product.php file. Should it have been, I didn't see that addition in the install.txt or readme.txt file.

Also, my local catalog/model/catalog/product.php file was dated 10/12/2012 and my server file was dated 3/2/2013 so I'm guessing something I installed may have changed this file.

Crap. This just isn't my forte. I couldn't get a paid installtion of a tab feature installed either and those guys are taking forever to respond. Thanks for responding quickly.

I'll upload the older file assuming it's the original and see what happens.

-------------
Edit: replaced product.php with original installation file. Same error...which doesn't surprise me because it's missing some key code you mentioned in your reply

Post by rebdog » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:25 pm

sparkalina wrote:

This isn't even in my catalog/model/catalog/product.php file. Should it have been, I didn't see that addition in the install.txt or readme.txt file.
No it is added by the vqmod
sparkalina wrote: Also, my local catalog/model/catalog/product.php file was dated 10/12/2012 and my server file was dated 3/2/2013 so I'm guessing something I installed may have changed this file.

Crap. This just isn't my forte. I couldn't get a paid installtion of a tab feature installed either and those guys are taking forever to respond. Thanks for responding quickly.

I'll upload the older file assuming it's the original and see what happens.

-------------
Edit: replaced product.php with original installation file. Same error...which doesn't surprise me because it's missing some key code you mentioned in your reply
Try this

edit

vqmod/xml/extra_product_tab_catalog.xml

at the bottom of the file is a section that starts

<file name="catalog/model/catalog/product.php" error="log">

and ends

</add>
		</operation>
	</file>

replace it with the code below, the charges are very small but might work for you

<file name="catalog/model/catalog/product.php" error="log">
		<operation error="log">
			<search position="bottom" offset="2"></search>
			<add><![CDATA[

);
					}

}

]]>
			</add>
		</operation>
	</file>
Failing that if you want a paid installation of this extension, send me a PM

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by sparkalina » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Holy hell that worked. You so totally rock!

Post by lmcosta » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:49 am

Hello,

I'm using version 1.5.3.1 of OpenCart and installed Product Free Extra Tabs Extension, unfortunately when I activate the extra tabs on the system it doesen´t work properly.

The problem happens when I click on the tab to view the content of it, this time I´m redirected to the home site.

Anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Post by dmonco » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:53 am

When I go to Catalog - Extra Product Tabs - Insert and after Save I have this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function utf8_strlen() in admin/controller/catalog/tab.php on line 486
Opencart 1.5.0, vqmod vqmod-2.3.0-opencart
How to fix it?

P.S.
I tryed to comment that place like this

//	if ((utf8_strlen($value['name']) < 3) || (utf8_strlen($value['name']) > 64)) {
				//	$this->error['name'][$language_id] = $this->language->get('error_name');
				//}
Everything works fine with creating extra pruduct tabs, but when I go to Product - edit - Extra tab and start type the name of page nothing happens. It doesn't appear to choose it.
I tryed both extraproducttabsv1.0.4b8 and extraproducttabsv1.0.3a
I have the same errors.

Location - Ukraine

Post by rebdog » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:59 pm

lmcosta wrote:Hello,

I'm using version 1.5.3.1 of OpenCart and installed Product Free Extra Tabs Extension, unfortunately when I activate the extra tabs on the system it doesen´t work properly.

The problem happens when I click on the tab to view the content of it, this time I´m redirected to the home site.

Anyone have any idea how to solve this?
When you say you 'click' on the tab, do you mean when you click on it on the front end ie the end the consumer sees?

Do you have a link to a product I could 'see' ?

What Theme are you using?

Out of the box it only works with the default theme and the few other themes mentioned on the extension page.

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by rebdog » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:19 pm

dmonco wrote:When I go to Catalog - Extra Product Tabs - Insert and after Save I have this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function utf8_strlen() in admin/controller/catalog/tab.php on line 486
Opencart 1.5.0, vqmod vqmod-2.3.0-opencart
How to fix it?

P.S.
I tryed to comment that place like this

//	if ((utf8_strlen($value['name']) < 3) || (utf8_strlen($value['name']) > 64)) {
				//	$this->error['name'][$language_id] = $this->language->get('error_name');
				//}
Everything works fine with creating extra pruduct tabs, but when I go to Product - edit - Extra tab and start type the name of page nothing happens. It doesn't appear to choose it.
I tryed both extraproducttabsv1.0.4b8 and extraproducttabsv1.0.3a
I have the same errors.
Sorry 1.5.0 is not a version that is supported, however try the following

Replace

if ((utf8_strlen($value['name']) < 3) || (utf8_strlen($value['name']) > 64)) {
      $this->error['name'][$language_id] = $this->language->get('error_name');
with

if ((strlen(utf8_decode($value['name']))< 3) || (utf8_strlen($value['name']) > 64)) {
      $this->error['name'][$language_id] = $this->language->get('error_name');
Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs