Post by rebdog » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:56 am

Sorry I no longer have the time to support this extension a 4 month old has a higher prority than supporting a free extension, sorry.

I did withdrawn the extension but have put it back as a few people requested me to put it back. Please note I do not have the time to answer questions. If you have a problem I suggest

1. You read the installation instructions as 95% of the answers will be there.

2. Ask yourself am I using a supported configuration ie this will work with the default theme if you are using another theme it most likely will not work

3. Read the description and comments on the extension page as the answer might be there

4. Read this thread.

5. Finally having done all the above ask a question and someone might answer it for you

6. In asking your question ensure you provide full information eg Opencart Version, Vqmod Version, Theme you are using, Other Extensions or mods you are using and finally what you have done to try and fix it. Do not just say 'It does not work' as people cannot read minds.

There are other similar extensions available see the Opencart Extension Store some of these are paid extensions and therefore developers will offer support.

Hi All

The latest version of the Extension is available from the following page:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=9594

The extension allows you to:
  • Create as many extra tabs as you need, in any position relative to the system tabs.
  • Edit the new tab content with a WYSIWYG editor.
Features:
  • Multi language support for the extra tabs created
  • Admin interface is available in English and Greek (If anyone wants to contribute a language translation will add it, there is a file in the zip of the translations I need)
  • Create the tabs you want (Just like you create attributes)
  • Add one or more of the created tabs to any product.
  • Each product only has the tabs you have added to it.
  • The content of each tab on each product is separate
If you have any feedback, bug reports or suggestions please DO NOT raise them on the Extension page, raise them IN THIS THREAD.

Thanks

Rebdog
Last edited by rebdog on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Location - Auckland, New Zealand

Post by griff4594 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:13 am

Godfrey,

I tried to install this module on two different versions of Opencart v 1.5.3 and 1.5.5, but the tab menu will not show up in under the catalog section under the information section. I did change the permissions for the top administrator as well as upload the files under the correct directories. I double and triple checked the file locations but nothing....

I'm writing this email as I am looking at all the files, so bear with me.

You're instructions say that there is table entries created but none were created in my database. Wonder if that is the problem. Looking at the admin/model/catalog/tab.php file I can see the database queries for the tabs tables but none that would create the tables.

Okay, I see the admin/controller/catalog/tab.php file does have a few queries to create the database tables if they do not exist. However they are not creating automatically. It doesn't seem to be doing anything to the database from what I can tell.

I just created all of the database entries manually but still no luck. I have tried changing the permissions to the files to make sure that isn't a problem, still no luck. Can I get some assistance?

Anyone else having problems installing this?

Kevin Griffith
Developer

Post by rebdog » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:17 am

Hi Kevin
griff4594 wrote: I tried to install this module on two different versions of Opencart v 1.5.3 and 1.5.5
Regarding Opencart versions did you try it on 1.5.5.1 or 1.5.5? I have not tried it on any version of 1.5.5 but doubt it would work on 1.5.5 make sure it is 1.5.5.1
griff4594 wrote:but the tab menu will not show up in under the catalog section under the information section.
Do you have vqmod installed, as the extension will not work without it installed. If you have vqmod installed in the admin interface under 'Catalog' just below 'Information' you should see 'Extra Product Tabs' if you do not see this then there is a problem. Are there any errors in the vqmod log file related to this extension, if so can you post the information.
griff4594 wrote:You're instructions say that there is table entries created but none were created in my database. Wonder if that is the problem. Looking at the admin/model/catalog/tab.php file I can see the database queries for the tabs tables but none that would create the tables.
Sorry your comment is incorrect, as you point out below there are database queries to create the tables.
griff4594 wrote:Okay, I see the admin/controller/catalog/tab.php file does have a few queries to create the database tables if they do not exist. However they are not creating automatically. It doesn't seem to be doing anything to the database from what I can tell.
The tables would only be created if 'admin/controller/catalog/tab.php' is called and the controller file would only be called if you could select 'Extra Product Tabs' under 'Catalog'
griff4594 wrote:I just created all of the database entries manually but still no luck. I have tried changing the permissions to the files to make sure that isn't a problem, still no luck. Can I get some assistance?
In summary
1. Can you confirm vqmod is installed? (Am guessing this is the problem)
2. Can you provide the vqmod error log in relation to the extra product tab extension?

If you need to install vqmod see http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... th=110_172

Cheers

Rebdog

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by outoftheordinary » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi Guys,

I need help to implement this extra product tabs of Rebdog. I move my product description

Code: Select all

<?php echo $description; ?>
under

<div class="right">
RESULTS

<div class="right">
<?php echo $description; ?>
* I also remove this

<a href="#tab-description"><?php echo $tab_description; ?></a>
My problem is when Rebdog xml file is searching this :(

<search position="replace"><![CDATA[
				]]>
			</search>
I really don't know if there's a simple tweak on Rebdog xml file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

outoftheordinary

Post by rebdog » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi

Now I understand what you are trying to do

Just remove from extra_product_tab_catalog.xml

<!-- Add Position 1 Tabs -->
		<operation error="log">
			<search position="replace"><![CDATA[
				]]>
			</search>
			<add trim="true"><![CDATA[
				<?php if ($product_tabs_1) { ?>
					<?php foreach($product_tabs_1 as $product_tab_1) { ?>
						<a href="#tab-product-tab<?php echo $product_tab_1['tab_id'];?>"><?php echo $product_tab_1['name']; ?></a>
					<?php } ?>
				<?php } ?>
        ]]>
			</add>
		</operation>

and

<!-- Add Position 1 Tabs Content -->
		<operation error="log">
			<search position="before"><![CDATA[
				<div id="tab-description" class="tab-content"><?php echo $description; ?></div>
				]]>
			</search>
				<?php if ($product_tabs_1) { ?>
					<?php foreach($product_tabs_1 as $product_tab_1) { ?>
						<div id="tab-product-tab<?php echo $product_tab_1['tab_id'];?>" class="tab-content"><?php echo $product_tab_1['text']; ?></div>
					<?php } ?>
				<?php } ?>
				]]>
			</add>
		</operation>
and make sure you do not add any 'new' tab in the position called 'Before All System Tabs' as it will no longer show.

The above suggestion is a 'hack' and please note I will not support it in any future revision of the extension but it should work for you.

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by outoftheordinary » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi Rebdog,

It works. Thank you so much!

outoftheordinary

Post by griff4594 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:43 am

Yes I do have vqmod installed on the site. But since this project was a rush, I went with another tabbed solution. However I will look at these issues later. Thanks.

Kevin Griffith
Developer

Post by btechbabu » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:56 am

Hi,

First of all thanks for your extension.

actually, i need your help to make it work on my installation.

opencart version :1.5.5.1
vqmod version : 2.3.0
Extra Product Tabs Extension: its not working. i dont why...

then i have tried in below version
opencart version :1.5.4.1 and vqmod version : 2.3.0
Extra Product Tabs Extension: its working fine.

can you please tell the reason, why its not working in opencart version :1.5.5.1 and vqmod version : 2.3.0.

Post by rebdog » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:50 pm

btechbabu wrote:Hi,
opencart version :1.5.5.1
vqmod version : 2.3.0
Extra Product Tabs Extension: its not working. i dont why...

can you please tell the reason, why its not working in opencart version :1.5.5.1 and vqmod version : 2.3.0.
Thanks for asking your question on the forum.

I can confirm 1.5.5.1 works perfectly for me , so will need more information other than "it is not working"

1. You said Opencart 1.5.5.1 as this opencart version 'changes' when did you download it? ( I downloaded the version I tested it on at 10.57pm NZ time on Sunday 10 Feb 2013)

2 Please confirm vqmod is installed, http://'site name'/vqmod/install/

3. The name of the theme you are using, even if it is the default.

4. Admin language you are using.

5. Please confirm you followed all the steps in the installation instructions.

6. What was the error you saw, if you have not seen an error what parts of the extension can you see and what parts are missing (Please compare it to v1.5.4.1 which is working so you can see what you should see). Is there any information in the opencart log or in the vqmod log?

Rebdog

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by fei » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:21 pm

I use opencart version :1.5.4.1 + vqmod version : 2.3.0, it can work. (default Theme & English language)

After upgrade to opencart version :1.5.5.1, it has error message.

Notice: Undefined variable: product_tabs in ../vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_view_template_catalog_product_form.tpl on line 652Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ../vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_view_template_catalog_product_form.tpl on line 652

Notice: Undefined variable: product_tabs in ../vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_view_template_catalog_product_form.tpl on line 643Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ../vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_view_template_catalog_product_form.tpl on line 643

fei

Post by rebdog » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:34 am

fei wrote:I use opencart version :1.5.4.1 + vqmod version : 2.3.0, it can work. (default Theme & English language)

Notice: Undefined variable: product_tabs in ../vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_view_template_catalog_product_form.tpl on line 652Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ../vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_view_template_catalog_product_form.tpl on line 652

Notice: Undefined variable: product_tabs in ../vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_view_template_catalog_product_form.tpl on line 643Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ../vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_view_template_catalog_product_form.tpl on line 643
Hi fei

Someone else had the same error (it is one of the later comments in the comments section of the extension), so I actually tried the extension with 1.5.5.1 and could not reproduce the error.

The comment I made to them was
You said Opencart 1.5.5.1 as this opencart version 'changes' when did you download it? ( I downloaded the version I tested on at 10.57pm NZ time on Sunday 10 Feb 2013)

They subsequently replied that they downloaded a later 'change' of Opencart 1.5.5.1 and it worked.

So my suggestion is to re-download Opencart 1.5.5.1 and try again.

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by Alexisander » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:22 am

Notice: Undefined variable: attribute_total in /home/netvoltr/public_html/syscreek/admin/controller/catalog/tab.php on line 507Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/netvoltr/public_html/syscreek/admin/index.php:94) in /home/netvoltr/public_html/syscreek/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 28Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/netvoltr/public_html/syscreek/admin/index.php:94) in /home/netvoltr/public_html/syscreek/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 29

When deleting an extra tab from header menu catalog>extra tabs. How to fix this?

VQmod 3.0.0, default admin theme, language: romanian, OC 1.5.5.1
Last edited by Alexisander on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Alexisander » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:34 am

rebdog wrote:
fei wrote:I use opencart version :1.5.4.1 + vqmod version : 2.3.0, it can work. (default Theme & English language)

Hi fei

Someone else had the same error (it is one of the later comments in the comments section of the extension), so I actually tried the extension with 1.5.5.1 and could not reproduce the error.

The comment I made to them was
You said Opencart 1.5.5.1 as this opencart version 'changes' when did you download it? ( I downloaded the version I tested on at 10.57pm NZ time on Sunday 10 Feb 2013)

They subsequently replied that they downloaded a later 'change' of Opencart 1.5.5.1 and it worked.

So my suggestion is to re-download Opencart 1.5.5.1 and try again.

Yes i got that error, and i have found this:

If there are no extra tabs, than if you go to a product and click on the tab: extra tabs, than you get this error. But if you add extra tabs, you wont get that error anymore. BUT! i could not reproduce it... it just fixed it alone... ghosts i guess... scarry...

Post by Alexisander » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:41 am

For the previouse error: Notice: Undefined variable: attribute_total in /home/netvoltr/public_html/syscreek/admin/controller/catalog/tab.php on line 507Warning: Cannot mo....

Dont you think that you should replace attribute_total with product_tab_total in admin/controller/catalog/tab.php ?

This should fix it... or am i wrong?...

I really didnt get it why u used attribute_total there.... becos u havent used it anywhere else...

Post by rebdog » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Alexisander wrote:For the previouse error: Notice: Undefined variable: attribute_total in /home/netvoltr/public_html/syscreek/admin/controller/catalog/tab.php on line 507Warning: Cannot mo....

Dont you think that you should replace attribute_total with product_tab_total in admin/controller/catalog/tab.php ?

This should fix it... or am i wrong?...

I really didnt get it why u used attribute_total there.... becos u havent used it anywhere else...
Yes that will fix the error

I noticed it the other day when I was testing 1.5.5.1 when you raised your original problem. I added the fix to my working copy but am waiting for a few other changes I want to make before releasing a new version.

Funny over 2000 downloads and this is the first mention of the bad cut and paste LOL

Cheers

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by Alexisander » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:40 pm

:) i don't uses opencart for tests, i modify it a lot and i use it on real big shops. Maybe thats why.

Post by too_long » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:42 pm

Thanks for mod.

In attachment 2 files for russian language, please add this in archive.

Attachments

admin/language/russian/catalog/tab.php

extra_product_tab_admin.xml

Post by christian.prim » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:41 am

I have the solution for the "Undefined variable: product_tabs"-bug:

In the extra_product_tab_admin.xml the following code works:

<!-- Add Extra Tabs to getForm function -->
		<operation error="log">
				// Options
				]]>
			</search>
				if (isset($this->request->post['product_tab'])) {
					$this->data['product_tabs'] = $this->request->post['product_tab'];
				} elseif (isset($this->request->get['product_id'])) {
					$this->data['product_tabs'] = $this->model_catalog_product->getProductTabs($this->request->get['product_id']);
				} else {
					$this->data['product_tabs'] = array();
				}
				]]>
			</add>
		</operation>
The searchterm points in the original code in the middle of the attribute-code, so that the variable $product_tab isn't set, when the product has no attribute.
The searchterm of my patch points before the comment "// Options" which works in my distribution 1.5.5.1. I haven't another version to test. So someone with an older version must test it or find a better searchterm....

Sorry for my poor english. I also have a german translation, if you are interested. But I'm not sure if the translation is really good.

Post by rebdog » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:58 pm

christian.prim wrote:I have the solution for the "Undefined variable: product_tabs"-bug:

In the extra_product_tab_admin.xml the following code works:

<!-- Add Extra Tabs to getForm function -->
		<operation error="log">
				// Options
				]]>
			</search>
				if (isset($this->request->post['product_tab'])) {
					$this->data['product_tabs'] = $this->request->post['product_tab'];
				} elseif (isset($this->request->get['product_id'])) {
					$this->data['product_tabs'] = $this->model_catalog_product->getProductTabs($this->request->get['product_id']);
				} else {
					$this->data['product_tabs'] = array();
				}
				]]>
			</add>
		</operation>
The searchterm points in the original code in the middle of the attribute-code, so that the variable $product_tab isn't set, when the product has no attribute.
The searchterm of my patch points before the comment "// Options" which works in my distribution 1.5.5.1. I haven't another version to test. So someone with an older version must test it or find a better searchterm....

Sorry for my poor english. I also have a german translation, if you are interested. But I'm not sure if the translation is really good.
Great catch, will need to change to

<search position="before" offset="1"><![CDATA[
				$this->load->model('catalog/option');
				]]>
			</search>
so that works with versions before 1.5.5.1 as "// Options" does not exist in 1.5.4.1

As per my PM please send me the translations, I will release a new version in the next 24 hours so can add the German translation to it

Rebdog

Extra Product Tabs

Post by fei » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:43 am

after update to TEST_VERSION_extra_product_tabs_v1.0.4_b6.zip, the error is gone and working normally.

Attachments

add zh-TW language

fei