Post by The Alchemist » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:48 am

I just installed this in what I think was correctly.

I did notice that it works good, but it is only totaling the first thing in your shopping cart.

So if you have 2 items in the cart and each one is only 60 dollars, it is only charging you 60 dollars. But the shipping is charging you for the correct amount of items.

Perhaps I missed something, I disabled it for the moment until I can figure this out.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:22 am

I just tried it out again on my test server, with 2 items added to the basket, and it works fine, see screenshot below. What's the URL of your Opencart server?
screenshot-gcheckout1.png

screenshot-gcheckout1.png (53.03 KiB) Viewed 6436 times

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by The Alchemist » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:52 am

Here. Just add the www. in front of this.

axidworks.com

I turned it back on so that you can take a look at if you want. Ill be turning it off in an hour or so.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:11 am

The Alchemist wrote: I turned it back on so that you can take a look at if you want. Ill be turning it off in an hour or so.
I tested your site, adding 2 items to the basket and going to Google Checkout, I even logged into my live Google account, and the total was correct. It didn't charge taxes because mine is a UK account, so that's correct, too. The only thing I noticed was the zero shipping quote.
screenshot-gcheckout2.png

screenshot-gcheckout2.png (21.97 KiB) Viewed 6432 times

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by The Alchemist » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:20 am

Im talking about the shopping cart on the site itself. I also have paypal available, and if you check out the shopping cart on the site itself. I think that is more important.

I even get it on my google checkout as well.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:56 am

The Alchemist wrote:Im talking about the shopping cart on the site itself. I also have paypal available, and if you check out the shopping cart on the site itself. I think that is more important.
Very strange. I can confirm that sometimes the 1st item in the shopping cart is listed with a wrong zero price. I think this might be an issue with OpenCart's shopping cart and may have nothing to do with Google Checkout. What happens if you uninstall Google Checkout, do you then still have the same problem?
screenshot-gcheckout4.png

screenshot-gcheckout4.png (70.94 KiB) Viewed 6576 times

Another thing: Are you sure you configured your product options using the price differences only, and not whole product prices for each option? See for example this:
screenshot-axidworks1.png

screenshot-axidworks1.png (89.66 KiB) Viewed 6576 times

Guru Member

Post by The Alchemist » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:47 am

When I disable it, there is no issue in the modual part, but only when its disabled.

I just tried it from a different location and it worked fine.

Im going to have to look more into this.

Its in the database correctly, I might be missing something somewhere.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:01 am

I think you have set your options wrongly. The option prices should only contain the product price increments or decrements, not different product prices. That could be the reason why it works with some of your products, but not with those with options. For example, the 'Honda Accord 94-97' option value for the 'Apexi Air Intakes Hondas' should be zero, not -$119.99, and the other options for this product should contain small price decrements or increments only.

Guru Member

Post by The Alchemist » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:20 am

Well Im glad you caught that. I didnt even realize that.

So The main price should be 119.99 and if the price for the civic air intake is 99 dollars, I should set the civic intake to 20 dollars.

Is there any way to use the way I have it set up?

Post by The Alchemist » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:39 am

What should I set the shipping to, yes or no in the modual?

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:07 pm

The Alchemist wrote:What should I set the shipping to, yes or no in the modual?
Since your products are physical items, and not digital downloads, you should set the shipping flags for your products to 'yes'.

Guru Member

Post by The Alchemist » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:49 am

You mean this?

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:31 pm

The Alchemist wrote:You mean this?
The Google Checkout merchant calculation simply causes the Google Checkout payment gateway to call back the Opencart server in order to get a shipping quote from one of Opencart's supported shipping methods. Google Checkout calls back Opencart when the customer has logged into his Google Checkout account.

In addition, you also have to make sure that each individual product has the 'Requires Shipping' set to yes. Also, one of the supported shipping modules must be enabled, e.g. 'weight', 'item', or 'flat'.

Guru Member

Post by The Alchemist » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:56 am

Okay Im not using any of those shipping rates.

I am using the Mod from Qphroic. The individual shipping per item.

If you wouldnt mind trying it again. I went back and redid all the prices in the cart to see if it works right.

Its on Sandbox now, so no orders will go through.

I tried it myself, but I cant order from myself.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:04 am

Just tested it again on your server, the product prices are passed on correctly now to Google Checkout. However, the shipping quote still is zero. That's probably because your shipping method is currently unsupported by Google Checkout, only 'free', 'flat', 'item' 'weight' and 'zone' have been tested for Google Checkout so far.

To Qphoria: It seems your shipping By Product may not use the common Opencart standards for returning the shipping quote. I assume it returns a single quote, hence your shipping module should end something like this in the getQuote($country_id, $zone_id, $postcode = '') function:

Code: Select all

if ($status) {
			$quote_data = array();

$shipping_cost = .....; // calculate the total shipping cost

$quote_data['byproduct'] = array(
				'id'           => 'byproduct.byproduct',
				'title'        => $this->language->get('text_description'),
				'cost'         => $shipping_cost,
				'tax_class_id' => $this->config->get('byproduct_tax_class_id'),
				'text'         => $this->currency->format($this->tax->calculate($shipping_cost, $this->config->get('byproduct_tax_class_id'), $this->config->get('config_tax')))
			);

$method_data = array(
				'id'         => 'byproduct',
				'title'      => $this->language->get('text_title'),
				'quote'      => $quote_data,
				'sort_order' => $this->config->get('byproduct_sort_order'),
				'error'      => FALSE
			);
		}

return $method_data;
Or does it also need the the shopping cart while calculating the quote? If so, it may explain the problem, because when Google Checkout calls back Opencart to do the shipping calculations, Opencart does not have the shopping cart because Google's callback is a different session!

Guru Member

Post by dbreckling » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:00 am

I'm experiencing the same problem -- the shipping quote is not getting passed from OpenCart to Google Checkout correctly. I have only Flat and Free Shipping enabled in OpenCart, and the shipping quote works correctly in the OpenCart site (http://www.stacystewart.com/store/) when you check out using PayPal, but not in Google Product Search or on the OpenCart site using Google Checkout. I have double checked my products to ensure that Requires Shipping is enabled, the taxable status is set to none in Flat Rate shipping, and there is a 100 minimum in Free Shipping.

Oddly, it seems that Google Checkout is aware that there is a free and a flat rate option because when you place an order, it gives you a Flat Rate and Free Shipping option for delivery, but the quote always ends up being zero despite the fields being entered correctly in OpenCart.

I am wondering if, as a workaround, I should just add the shipping and tax instructions in Google Checkout Merchart Center and hope that it overrides correctly, or if there is a known code fix that I can quickly implement. Has anyone else experienced and fixed this?
JNeuhoff wrote:Just tested it again on your server, the product prices are passed on correctly now to Google Checkout. However, the shipping quote still is zero. That's probably because your shipping method is currently unsupported by Google Checkout, only 'free', 'flat', 'item' 'weight' and 'zone' have been tested for Google Checkout so far.

To Qphoria: It seems your shipping By Product may not use the common Opencart standards for returning the shipping quote. I assume it returns a single quote, hence your shipping module should end something like this in the getQuote($country_id, $zone_id, $postcode = '') function:

Code: Select all

if ($status) {
			$quote_data = array();

$shipping_cost = .....; // calculate the total shipping cost

$quote_data['byproduct'] = array(
				'id'           => 'byproduct.byproduct',
				'title'        => $this->language->get('text_description'),
				'cost'         => $shipping_cost,
				'tax_class_id' => $this->config->get('byproduct_tax_class_id'),
				'text'         => $this->currency->format($this->tax->calculate($shipping_cost, $this->config->get('byproduct_tax_class_id'), $this->config->get('config_tax')))
			);

$method_data = array(
				'id'         => 'byproduct',
				'title'      => $this->language->get('text_title'),
				'quote'      => $quote_data,
				'sort_order' => $this->config->get('byproduct_sort_order'),
				'error'      => FALSE
			);
		}

return $method_data;
Or does it also need the the shopping cart while calculating the quote? If so, it may explain the problem, because when Google Checkout calls back Opencart to do the shipping calculations, Opencart does not have the shopping cart because Google's callback is a different session!

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:34 am

dbreckling wrote:I'm experiencing the same problem -- the shipping quote is not getting passed from OpenCart to Google Checkout correctly. I have only Flat and Free Shipping enabled in OpenCart, and the shipping quote works correctly in the OpenCart site (http://www.stacystewart.com/store/) when you check out using PayPal, but not in Google Product Search or on the OpenCart site using Google Checkout.
Have you made sure you are using the latest version of the Google Checkout? It works fine with these shipping methods on my test server with the sandbox account (using among others the free shipping methods for orders above £200.00), hence I am unable to reproduce your error.

Guru Member

Post by dbreckling » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:58 pm

Hey guys -- Running into a small problem --i_t appears that Google Checkout is charging tax for out of state shipments when according to Google Checkout Merchant policy, tax is not added to out-of-state shipments. One customer was already charged tax on an out-of-state shipment, and when I went in and tested it, the same was happening to me. http://bit.ly/cLI5M3

However, on the site, tax is not being added when you use the opencart cart and paypal checkout. I'm wondering if there's a problem with my settings:
-- I have only one tax class that I use for products: California.
-- In Google Checkout, Geo zone= all zones, and Merchant Calculated Shipping is set to no.
-- In Shipping, I have Flat Rate Shipping and Free Shipping enabled, tax class=none, and geo zone=all zones

Trying everything, I created a tax class in Google Checkout Merchant for CA, but customers are still being charged for out of state shipments. Has anyone else encountered this, or are there any suggestions on new setting combinations? Help appreciated...

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:14 pm

That's strange.

Have you tried it with Merchant Calculated Shipping set to Yes?

Guru Member

Post by dbreckling » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:08 am

JNeuhoff wrote:That's strange.

Have you tried it with Merchant Calculated Shipping set to Yes?
I just tried it with Merchant Calculated Shipping set to Yes, and it's still charging tax for out of state shipping. :( Also, the shipping rate is not being passed to Google, and Google is using the settings I set in Google Merchant. I'll try a little more variation with the settings and see if something changes. Is the Geo Zone setting correct?