Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:22 pm

The Export/Import tool is now available for OpenCart 1.5.4.

Still on our to-do-list for future releases (just need some time to get it all done, was quite busy lately):
  • Improved validation and error/exception handler
  • Multi-lingual support
  • Incremental Import
Last edited by JNeuhoff on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by burley » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 pm

Great work!!

Does this mean that multilangual is also supported with the 1.5.3.x versions? Or just with the 1.5.4 version?

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by moneycarlo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:35 am

i think he's saying he's planning on adding multi-lingual support in a future version. Those bullet points appear to be for a future version...his current "road map" :)

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:40 am

Post by burley » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:33 am

my bad, read it the wrong way

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by ralphstirrat » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Hi
I've just installed this but the menu isn't there? Is appears in 'user group' ok and I ticked it but nothing? I've installed it several times on different versions. I could add it manually I guess?

http://colbrook.co.uk


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:21 pm

ralphstirrat wrote:Hi
I've just installed this but the menu isn't there? Is appears in 'user group' ok and I ticked it but nothing? I've installed it several times on different versions. I could add it manually I guess?
You haven't fully the readme.txt instructions. In particular, you also need to install VQmod.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by ralphstirrat » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:33 pm

I did install vqmod but I don't think it's installed correctly now as there's nothing in the vqcache folder. Sorry.

http://colbrook.co.uk


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Post by burley » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 pm

Perhaps you should also install vqmod manager, it makes live a whole lot easier.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... load_id=27

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by ralphstirrat » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:41 pm

I had an old version of vqmod (216) I was using, I updated it to 217 and all fine now thank you.

http://colbrook.co.uk


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Post by adida » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:36 am

I installed this plugin on oc 1.5.4 and got this when trying to export:
Warning: set_time_limit() [function.set-time-limit]: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /usr/home/minskpok/domains/mysite.com/public_html/oc/admin/controller/tool/export.php on line 75ÐÏࡱá;þÿ ÊþÿÿÿËÌÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ » ÌAB°=¼%r8X"1ÈÿArial1ÈÿArial1ÈÿArial1ÈÿArial1ÈÿArial1ȐArial¤ ######0.00¥##0.00¦@àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À à
-

and so on.

Question: what does it mean? Is the server not very good for the extention?

Thanx,

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:37 pm

adida wrote:I installed this plugin on oc 1.5.4 and got this when trying to export:
Warning: set_time_limit() [function.set-time-limit]: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /usr/home/minskpok/domains/mysite.com/public_html/oc/admin/controller/tool/export.php on line 75ÐÏࡱá;þÿ ÊþÿÿÿËÌÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ » ÌAB°=¼%r8X"1ÈÿArial1ÈÿArial1ÈÿArial1ÈÿArial1ÈÿArial1ȐArial¤ ######0.00¥##0.00¦@àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À à
-

and so on.

Question: what does it mean? Is the server not very good for the extention?


Thanx,
Your web server is set with an overly restrictive security configuration. Just comment out the line 75 in file admin/controller/tool/export.php, and chances it will work.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by adida » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:59 pm

Your web server is set with an overly restrictive security configuration. Just comment out the line 75 in file admin/controller/tool/export.php, and chances it will work.
Hey, you are right. It is working now. Thanx a lot. ;)

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by davski13 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Is this release any more efficient than Opencart 1-5-2? That version worked fine until I hit the 1000 product mark (1MB Excel doc size) whereupon I started to get the dreaded " Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 99614720 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 79 bytes) in blah blah..." messages.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:03 am

Post by Chris_AXA » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Thanks for the tool. I have it up and running fine on 1 of my clients website. I would like some help with adding some extra info to the xls file.

I have a mod installed that has added 5 extra fields to each of the products in the products table in the database. Import/Export works fine but of course it leaves those fields blank. It would be very nice if I could populate those through the xls file as well.

I realize I have to modify the model\tool\export.php by adding the fields that I want to import/export. However my php knowledge is rather limited so I could use some assistance. If you (or anybody else here) could tell me the exact spots where I need add the code for the extra fields I think I could modify the file myself. Thanks in advance!

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by Chris_AXA » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:56 pm

Oeps double post!
Last edited by Chris_AXA on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Chris_AXA wrote:Thanks for the tool. I have it up and running fine on 1 of my clients website. I would like some help with adding some extra info to the xls file.

I have a mod installed that has added 5 extra fields to each of the products in the products table in the database. Import/Export works fine but of course it leaves those fields blank. It would be very nice if I could populate those through the xls file as well.

I realize I have to modify the model\tool\export.php by adding the fields that I want to import/export. However my php knowledge is rather limited so I could use some assistance. If you (or anybody else here) could tell me the exact spots where I need add the code for the extra fields I think I could modify the file myself. Thanks in advance!
The changes need to go into the admin/model/export.php, in the following methods:

storeProductsIntoDatabase
uploadProducts
validateProducts
populateProductsWorksheet

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by burley » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Hi Juergen, would it be possible (perhaps even for the next release) to add the abbility to ex/import custom selectable fields from producttables?

I've got severall other modifications installed which also add productdata to the database, which is productspecific and when having quite a lot of products this would be a huge addition.

Curious to your reply!

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Chris_AXA » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:06 pm

JNeuhoff wrote: The changes need to go into the admin/model/export.php, in the following methods:

storeProductsIntoDatabase
uploadProducts
validateProducts
populateProductsWorksheet
Ok finally got around to working on it. I added the 5 extra values in the places you specified. I was able to successfully export the .xls with the 5 added columns.

However when I tried to import the .xls back again I got the following error.

Notice: Error: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
Error No: 1136
INSERT INTO `product`

Is there some value (column count) that I need to change?

EDIT: Never mind I got it working! I forgot to add the values to the $sql in storeProductsIntoDatabase.
Thanx again for your help and free extention.

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by christianlebe » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi guys,

JNeuhoff thanks for the great module.

I have installed this in OC 1.5.4.1
However, I've got the following error message: Table 'clebe_nuvogue.product_tag' doesn't exist<br
Should I create product_tag table by myself?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:58 pm

christianlebe wrote:Hi guys,

JNeuhoff thanks for the great module.

I have installed this in OC 1.5.4.1
However, I've got the following error message: Table 'clebe_nuvogue.product_tag' doesn't exist<br
Should I create product_tag table by myself?
You are using a wrong, non-matching version of the Export/Import tool for your OpenCart 1.5.4.1.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests