Post by j0cher90 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:54 am

Thank you for your quick response. I will read this two topics and i'll be back here with feedback.

Post by j0cher90 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Hello, I have read this two topis but I didn't understant what exactly should I do. If you have the time, please exaplain me what should I do. Thank You.

Post by butte » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:43 pm

j0cher90, b-e-c-a-u-s-e you have a long-established ongoing shop, the idea is to set up a clone of the older version and upgrade that to 1.5.4.1 CE RC1 -- or just upgrade the existing one to 1.5.4.1 CE RC1. From there you can decide whether you want or need the features of 1.5.5.x or 1.5.6.x and peaceably (without any unnecessary excitement) upgrade to that. The reason for upgrading is that the two table arrangements differ too much for the transfer you tried (as noted above).

Make sure you first have a complete ftp backup of your entire OC, plus two database backups. Back up the database using admin System / Backup so that you can use it via System / Restore if need be later, AND back up the database using host control panel's phpMyAdmin / Export so that you can use that via phpMyAdmin / Import if need be later. (The two put out and take in a .sql file and the data are the same, but the file formats differ slightly, so you do NOT want to mix those two methods and files.) If the host also has a "Backup" provision (it will make .zip files if it is available), then you can also use that (preferably not instead but additionally -- you want to play safe).

BEFORE doing the admin System / Backup (prior to the upgrade step) you should insert backup_improved.xml by rph (http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 62#p401314, THEN download at his http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 01#p423332). The reason is that rph's extension improves the efficiency and reduces the .sql size of the backup, and it works.

Guru Member

Post by j0cher90 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:51 am

Finally, I did it. Firstly I installed the 1.4.9 store to a diffrent server, because i was unalble to make a clone. I import the products in this shop. After that I updated it to 1.5.1.2 using (http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50292) because I couldn't upgraded it directly to 1.5.4.1 RC. Finally I upgraded to 1.5.4.1. I generated the export and when I tried to import in the new shop, he successfuly imported but the products and category didn't appear. The problem was that the language_ID was 2 (romanian) and i have to change to 1, because my new shop is in english. It works perfect now. Thank You very much for help. Have a nice day.

Post by butte » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:13 am

Glad you got there. Go ahead and edit your opening title Solved, for others.

Guru Member

Post by xiaohaizhi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi, i've need one additional sql data field in category name "discounts" and i wish to have that column data included in the exported xls, how do i go about adding code to query for sql data 'discounts' under table name category.

Post by konservasi » Sat May 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Thanks for the module

I have install the module in my site but when I try to export,there are error in the excel file

the file size is only 1 KB while I have a lot of product

need assistant to solve this problem..thanks anyway

http://galerigis.com

http://galeritiket.net

Post by becreative » Wed May 07, 2014 6:09 pm

I just want to thank you for Your Wonderful Extension. Thanks for your time, I really appreciate it ! Please keep updating.
Work Like a charm on opencart 1.5.5.1.
Greetings !

Post by flywatches » Sat May 24, 2014 8:38 am

I successfully used this wonderful, time-saving mod on another store and it worked perfectly. I just tried using it on another store and keep getting the error below. I thought maybe the version (opencart-1-5-6-x-export-import-17) doesnt work with OC 1.5.6.4 but dont know.

Error: Unknown column 'GMGM2301' in 'field list'
Error No: 1054
INSERT INTO `oc_product` (`product_id`,`quantity`,`sku`,`upc`,`ean`,`jan`,`isbn`,`mpn`,`location`,`stock_status_id`,`model`,`manufacturer_id`,`image`,`shipping`,`price`,`points`,`date_added`,`date_modified`,`date_available`,`weight`,`weight_class_id`,`status`,`tax_class_id`,`viewed`,`length`,`width`,`height`,`length_class_id`,`sort_order`,`subtract`,`minimum`) VALUES (GMGM2301-2ND,2,'GMGM2301-2ND','089006787160','','','','','New Braunfels, TX',5,'GMGM2301-2ND',171,'data/D/GMGM2301-2ND.jpg',1,29.99,0,NOW(),NOW(),NOW(),3,5,1,9,5,4,8.5,8.5,'3','1','1','1');
See also 'System > Error Logs' for more details.

Jonathan

Location - Gilbert, AZ

Post by ebeing » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:16 pm

jipsa78 wrote:
crispylettuce wrote:
jipsa78 wrote:Hi,

First of all: great job on this extension!

I am now trying to get it to work with the Custom Page Titles extension (url: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=7867), which I want to use for SEO purposes.
The Custom Page Titles extension adds these new fields to the database:

ALTER TABLE art1_category_description ADD column cptitle VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE art1_information_description ADD column cptitle VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE art1_product_description ADD column cptitle VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;

It also contains a vQmod file that adds the custom page title fields to admin.

Because the export/import tool doesn't know these new database fields, any custom page title I make is deleted on import of an xls file. To solve this I've tried to add the new fields to your admin/model/tool/export.php file.
As a result I am now able to export the xls file with the new fields and correct content.
However when I import the xls file again it empties the database and doesn't populate it with new data.

I have tried hard to find the cause of this, but with my limited php knowledge I haven't succeeded.
Could you take a look at the attached php file?
You can find my entries with a search for 'cptitle'.
Would be very much appreciated :-)

I am running OpenCart 1.5.3.1 with opencart-1-5-2-x-export-import-10
Works fine without the custom page titles alteration.

My OpenCart error log shows no errors.

I assume you have this working well, could you possibly upload an example of the modified php, so i can check i have done it correct?
Sure, you can use the attached file :-)
Should work on 1.5.3.1
Thanks for your hard work on this, I have updated it to work with 1.5.6.1

Post by gerezs » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:46 am

Hi, for those people who are looking for an SEO-helper vqmod for this export-import tool visit my tutorial here. It's working with the version 1.5.x https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/exp ... -cms-20633
Actually, this could be the part of this module in the future.

Post by Praveen.C » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:46 pm

Hi Guys,

I have error while exporting the product. it shows " Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 85 bytes) in /home/localann/public_html/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Style/Supervisor.php on line 123 "

And also i changed the memory limit 128m to 512m .but the error still shows . any one can suggest me the solution?

Thanks in advance

Post by motionmindz » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:24 pm

Fatal error with OC2 on this module extension. A shame cos I could really use this! :-[

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:32 pm

motionmindz wrote:Fatal error with OC2 on this module extension. A shame cos I could really use this! :-[
Use Export/Import tool (multilingual) V2.x

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by hiveuk » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:53 pm

I have multistores - Is it possible for example to only export the category/products in Store B?