Post by mandamexico » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:57 pm

THE NEW/UPDATED DOWNLOAD IS AVAILABLE IN THE EXTENSIONS SECTION***

Updated this payment module for the new 1.5.2.1 visuals and layout as the previous files were not compatible and are only for 1.4.9.x versions of OpenCart.

Old thread here: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=4347

Attached to the ZIP are screen shots of the payment module and detailed installation/testing instructions.
Please post here for anything regarding this module, thanks!

You can sign up for a test account to check out this payment module on your store at https://registration.paypal.com/welcome ... S&mode=try

For those that want to use a subscription service with OpenCart, try their recurring billing. You can simply create an ACH Billing profile from any accepted transaction. So you can use their html code in an information page to create a button and title it Subscribe. Then log into your payflow link manager and confirgure that transaction into recurring billing and thats it! Here is the code that is available in their integration pdf file:

Code: Select all

<form method="POST" action="https://payflowlink.paypal.com">
<input type="hidden" name="LOGIN" value="Your LOGIN here">
<input type="hidden" name="PARTNER" value="Your PARTNER here">
<input type="hidden" name="DESCRIPTION" value="Order description here (I.E. SUBSCRIPTION)">
<input type="hidden" name="AMOUNT" value="Total transaction AMOUNT here">
<input type="hidden" name="TYPE" value="Transaction TYPE here">
<input type="submit" value="Click Here to Purchase (Subscribe)">
</form>
Their rates are worth the SSL Secured pages the transactions will be hosted on and you can customize the page with your logo. (CUSTOMERS WILL NOT NEED TO INPUT OR WILL BE ASKED TO INPUT A PAYPAL ID & PASSWORD). Payflow Link is separate from PayPal Standard and Pro which directs you to their UGLY PAGES!

Cheers!

Attachments

OLD FILE - NOT UPDATED - DOWNLOAD NEW ZIP IN EXTENSIONS

Last edited by mandamexico on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:24 am, edited 6 times in total.

My Extensions

OpenCart Developer (OCD) Tools

Donate - If I ever helped you.

Location - Los Angeles, CA

Post by qwerty » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:07 pm

This is very helpful, thank you for posting this.

I'll recommend the following to improve the extension help file:

More detail on how to install the extension.
It looks like the zip file should be unzipped then the user must copy the files to the matching folders in OpenCart one at a time.

A bit more detail on how the process works.

Post by mandamexico » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:29 am

***THIS EXTENSIONS HAS BEEN UPDATED***

The File at the top does not include the new fix that others were having (confirm button no response).
And is now compatible with other templates in OpenCart.

You can download it here: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=6033

This was a lot of work for me on many grounds including economical. I hope people using payflow link find good use for this extension.

- Christian
Last edited by mandamexico on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Extensions

Post by qwerty » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:25 pm

Christian,
I’m interested in your OpenCart Paypal Payflow Link extension but have some concerns and questions as well before purchasing.

I like how the extension flows with the cart, it looks very good and it does communicate with Paypal via Paypal Payflow Link.

My questions and concerns
1. What do you recommend users of your extension do to give the customer a greater sense of security in entering their credit card on one’s site? Since the Paypal link is in an IFrame, a customer will not see “SSL” protection on the page when they enter their credit card number. I see the Paypal form is sent via SSL HTTPS so it is secure, however the customer is not going to know this.

As I see it I have the option of
a. Putting a note on the Opencart screen saying:
“TRUST US! This payment form is secure, it goes to Paypal through secure https”
b. Or adding an SSL certificate to my checkout page / site to at least show the HTTPS SSl security certificate, however the payment post will still go to Paypal.
c. Leaving it as it is and hope the customer doesn’t care.
d. Something else?

2. I’d like to test my shopping cart with Paypal in test mode. Does the extension point to the correct URL? The extension posts to https://payflowlink.paypal.com
form id="checkout" onsubmit=confirmSubmit(); method=post action=https://payflowlink.paypal.com

Can you provide some sample instructions or tips on how to set up Paypal Manager to work with this extension and Paypal Payflow Link? Such as URL’s to point to in Paypal? Confirmation page, Error, etc.

I know I need to I log into Paypal Manager at Manager.paypal.com login to my account, go to Service Settings / Setup. I have Transaction Process Mode set to TEST.

What do you recommend I enter in the Display Options On Payment Page section?

Do I do anything in the Paypal Express Checkout section?

Billing Information Section, what fields do you recommend being checked?
Required fields
Editable Fields

Shipping Information Section, what fields do you recommend being checked?
Required
Editable

Payment Confirmation Section. Can you provide settings?
Show confirmation page: On a paypal hosted page, on my website?
Enter your header text
Enter your footer text
Enter text for return URL
Enter Return URL
Return URL Method

Silent Post for data transfer section:
Use Silent Post: No Yes
Enter Silent Post URL:
Return URL when silent post fails?

Email Confirmation section
Do you want us to confirm payment by email? No Yes
Email from merchant address:
Etc.

Security Options section
AVS: No or Yes?
CSC: No Light Full
Enable Secure Token: No Yes

Post by mandamexico » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:05 am

WOW! These are a lot of questions that can be answered by yourself. Everyone would have different configurations depending the needs of their store as far as the settings in Payflow Link Manager go. That said, I will try to answer most of your questions as best as I can...

1. If your shop doesnt have SSL and you are concerned with clients inputting their CC info, you can A) configure the text that is on top of the form where clients input their CC info (see the screenshot attached in the download above). Its the text that says "CC info is not stored on our system, blah blah blah". I added it so anyone can add more information they might need, such as in this scenario. OR you can B) get an SSL certificate on your website. $69 a year at godaddy.

2. Payflow Link redirects or "links" to another secured page when a client is checking out. So a "test" option is not needed in this extension. Therefore, all "test & live" settings are handled at the Payflow Manager level. If you select "test", no transactions will go through whatsoever because its in "test". Remember to read the instructions included in the download for testing purposes.

For your Display options: It depends how your page looks. For example, if you have a black background, choose a black background, load your shop logo and have it centered at the top, and customize the pages text to whatever you need it to be. I would advise having "Continue" as the text for the last button so it forces the client to "Continue" back to your website where they get redirected to the opencart success page.

Billing/Shipping Information Section: This really depends on your needs. For me, I have ALL the shipping attributes UNCHECKED because I do not ship anything to the client. They provide me with their family members address in Mexico within opencart and I sent it to them directly. So everyones shop will be a little bit different. Thats the magic of settings, you can customize it and test it however you like. If its a simple shop, then I would of course require the client to give you ALL of there billing and shipping information based on what you need to operate the business efficiently.

Payment Confirmation Section: Header Text shows right below your logo. I put the following in mine "Thank you for your order. Please review your order and print this page for your records." Footer Text I put the following "You will recieve a confirmation email to the address you provided. If you wish to recieve confirmation by phone, please contact us at 1-800-XXX-XXXX".

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE RETURN URL & SILENT POST ARE IN THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE DOWNLOAD**

Email confirmation section: I put no because OC already sends an email automatically, If you select yes, then they will get TWO emails. One from your OC shopping cart and one from payflow link payment confirmation.

Security Options: AVS (select FULL) CSC (select FULL) and leave all "accepted URL's BLANK".

REMEMBER, the download above is obsolete as it has NOT BEEN UPDATED for the fixes people were needing. You can download the NEW AND UPDATED version here: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=6033

- Christian

My Extensions

Post by qwerty » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:23 am

thank you for your answers. Your extension looks good and it helps to know more about how it operates with the customer and with PayPal before purchasing. I'll probably get the SSL certificate on the site to provide a stronger sense of security to customers entering credit card information that goes to paypal.

Post by mk1200 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Hey Christian, I'm interested in your extension. Were you able to get it working with 1.5.3.1 yet?

Thanks,
Mark

Post by blacy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:17 am

Hello I recently purchased your module and I am getting this error...
------------------------
Some required information is missing or incorrect. Please correct the fields below and try again.
Error: Invalid Merchant or Merchant doesn't exist!
------------------------
I'm still in test mode. I'm using the Merchant id in my regular PayPal account... should I be using a different one?

Also, your instructions for Payflow Link Manager Steps are different... I do not see "Configuration" or "Form Configuration in the service settings.

I'm using version 1.5.2. Please advise on what I may be doing wrong.

Thanks!

Location - Kentucky

Post by mandamexico » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:45 am

I am assuming you had this fixed because you never replied back to my PM. Anyway thanks for your purchase, enjoy!

My Extensions

Post by miradoro » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:10 am

hi

is this available for 1.5.6.1?