Post by philbydevil » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:51 am

Unfortunately, SuperJuice (Sam) doesn't seem to be supporting/maintaing this module anymore so unless someone takes it over there won't be any features added.

What you're asking stephanmuller might be possible with another mod/extension, but I'm not sure if there is one out there that does what you want...

I heart cmd-f, cmd-c, cmd-v, cmd-z + vQmod.
My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by levelliving » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:55 am

Hi Superjuice,

Can you please help me with your Australia Post Extension. I am operating Opencart V1.5.0, I post mainly letters in my website, (almost never parcels) and I have your "opencart1505u2.auspost" extension installed.

I have had a few complaints recently about the cost of my postage and I know that your extension has pricing from July 2011. Firstly, does your extension work for letters and secondly, how can I edit the pricing to ensure that it calculates the correct postage. It seems to calculate a standard letter, (ie under 20mm thick and weighing less that 15g) as $6.00 and I have all handling charges, etc... zeroed out.

I really appreciate your assistance... Regards Cam

Post by techwrath » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:16 pm

DO you have any other modules?
Does this module has the option of selecting items which has shipping free and which does has shipping cost? i have an online store and looking for a module for that http://www.bargainmarket.com.au

We are an Australian company dealing in web design, website development, graphic design, SEO, mobile apps, application development, CMS, catalog design & more visit http://www.techwrath.com.au

Location - Melbourne, Australia

Post by aanyad » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:34 pm

Hey I am using the Auspost shipping module in one of my zencart installation. Before somedays i checked it was working. i disabled it for some reason and i tried enabled it today. Today, on the shipping page it gives me an error that "Unexpected error (no valid methods). Using AusPost Flat Rate".
Any Solutions??
Thank you.

Open cart developer from RWS | opencart development framework by RWS

Location - USA

Post by i2Paq » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:24 am

aanyad wrote:Hey I am using the Auspost shipping module in one of my zencart installation.
Zencart?

Superjuice has not been seen on our forums since mid last year.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by SuperJuice » Tue May 14, 2013 9:22 pm

All.

I want to write a quick message to explain the status of this mod. I am no longer maintaining this mod and haven't been since 1.5.2.1 (the last release I tested with). Since that time there have been more changes with OpenCart / Satchel pricing / Australia Post gateway which are leading to the errors people are receiving (a lot changes between OpenCart releases). If you are downloading this mod and expecting it to work with a current version of OpenCart, please consider these facts.

The reason for this decision was primarily due to lack of support from the OpenCart maintainer. I have been supporting this module since the very early versions of OpenCart (~2009) and ensured it was maintained and worked when the OpenCart API was constantly evolving. The extension has always been available from the page linked to from this thread.

When the extension page was updated my Australia Post module (free) dropped off the search results completely, and at the same time, a paid for $20 version started returning at the top of search results. I contacted the owner of the site to ask why this was happening, and it was never resolved. This can still be witnessed by carrying out the following searches:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... lia%20post
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ch=auspost

I have also contributed an immeasurable number of hours to provide and test this module for fellow Australians, but of late I have been experiencing the nasty side of releasing code for free.

I have:
- had my name stripped off my code, a broken version merged into OpenCart and then I had to provide fixes for angry users
- had my code taken and repackaged and sold and then had users expecting me to support it because they paid for it
- had unscrupulous resellers on sell my module as part of 'eCommerce solutions' and then provide no upgrade support and then forward my contact details for support to end users (who expect paid support because they paid money to the reseller)
- had people literally try and track me down on social media / send repeated abusive emails because they have used the module with a non-supported version

At no point have I received money (ie. $0.00) for the development of this module and it is released with no warranty (I suggest people read the attached license). If you paid a third party for this module, I suggest you ask them for support as your contract is between you and them, not me.

I have released the source code for every version I have written. I encourage someone to pick it up and continue development / release of it.

I'm sorry if this message sounds terse, but the experiences I have had with people exploiting me and the work I have provided for free has essentially ruined the positives from the community benefit I felt I was providing when writing this module in the first place.

Post by gocreative » Wed May 15, 2013 6:32 am

That's all completely understable, SuperJuice. I'm sorry to hear about all the negative experiences you've had, and the abuse you've endured after putting so much time and energy into a fantastic product. I really wish you would resume working on the module as it's something I'd be happy to pay for with every website I develop, but I fully appreciate why you don't plan on doing so. Either way, thanks for a great module and I hope you're better appreciated for your efforts in future.

Post by mukur » Fri May 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Superjuice just like to thank you for a great module. It still works for my site as I only use Standard Postage. Appreciate the hard work and hours that you have put into to develop and maintain the module. When I was setting up my site I was amazed that it was a free module ^-^. - as I would gladly have paid for it!

Thanks again for your contribution and happy retirement ::)

Post by philbydevil » Sun May 19, 2013 6:41 pm

Yeah, that all sounds like enough annoying shit to push anyone away from continuing to support a free extension!

Surely there's someone else out with the coding skills to take over updating/improving the extension. Unfortunately, my coding skills are limited to those found in my signature...

I heart cmd-f, cmd-c, cmd-v, cmd-z + vQmod.
My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by steven333 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi there, is it possible to validate the postcode against the state. At the moment a customer may get away with a cheaper shipment by specifying an invalid postcode for the address entered. It appears as though the postcode field takes precedence in the shipping calculation.

Post by PGS » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:52 pm

I also appreciate the work done..

I landed the paid version when this one could no longer be found. A week later AP upped it's prices and I couldn't get the update without paying again - so I didn't.

I did notice that AP is now a standard part of the OC install...

PGS

Post by faax » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:48 am

I found an issue... Change CURL request to file_get_contents() and evrything will be fine:

Below is changed part:
commented from lines 24 - 34:
/*
$curl = curl_init();
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_URL, 'http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp ... _postcode=' . urlencode($this->config->get('auspost_postcode')) . '&destination_postcode=' . urlencode($address['postcode']) . '&height=70&width=70&length=70&country=AU&service_type=standard&quantity=1&weight=' . urlencode($weight));
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

$response = curl_exec($curl);

curl_close($curl);
*/

And add this below commented part:

$url = 'http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp ... _postcode=' . urlencode($this->config->get('auspost_postcode')) . '&destination_postcode=' . urlencode($address['postcode']) . '&height=70&width=70&length=70&country=AU&service_type=standard&quantity=1&weight=' . urlencode($weight);
$response = file_get_contents($url);

Save & test...