Post by Damonik » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:12 pm

Hey mate,
The host I'm on uses PHP 5.2.5.

Curl info:
cURL support enabled
cURL Information libcurl/7.21.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8o zlib/1.2.3.4 libidn/1.15 libssh2/1.2.5

Edit:

Just tried u3 - still gives me the blank page -weird huh :/

Screenshot of the module settings page below:

Post by SuperJuice » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Can you take a look at your php error log and let me know if anything is coming up with u3?

-edit-

Just replicated your settings exactly.. still working here ???

You have installed all 5 files into the required locations?

Can you confirm that your webhost has http access outbound?

Post by Damonik » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:21 pm

Unfortunately I'm unable to access my php error log on this host (As far as I can figure out anyway..)
Any ideas on how to see the php errors? I've obviously got display errors/log errors etc turned on at the shop admin page, but I doubt that's sufficient to log the php errors.

Thanks for all your prompt suggestions btw ;-)

Post by SuperJuice » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Damonik wrote:Unfortunately I'm unable to access my php error log on this host (As far as I can figure out anyway..)
Any ideas on how to see the php errors? I've obviously got display errors/log errors etc turned on at the shop admin page, but I doubt that's sufficient to log the php errors.

Thanks for all your prompt suggestions btw ;-)
Is it a CPanel host? if so something may be showing up under Logs -> Error Log.

Post by Damonik » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:30 pm

Nah it's not ;/ I'll have to email the host tomorrow and ask them how I can access my php error log files.

Post by SuperJuice » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:38 pm

Damonik wrote:Nah it's not ;/ I'll have to email the host tomorrow and ask them how I can access my php error log files.
Yeah, if you could that'd help greatly :) Keen to sort this out.

Is it a fresh 1.4.9.5 install? can't think of many other reasons it's broken without looking at the logs :D
Last edited by SuperJuice on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Damonik » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Yeah mate it is a brand new 1.4.9.5 install - quite literally all I've done is add a few products and install the shopping module.

Post by gazerooni » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:11 pm

SuperJuice wrote:Also just released 1.4.9.1u3 to the Extensions section (grab it and let me know how you go gazerooni!).

Changelog
----------
1.4.9.1u3
- Fixed bug that resulted in satchels being incorrectly displayed if parcel was overweight and handling fee was added (reported by gazerooni on opencart.com)
- Updated Australia Post satchel pricing to match the new Australia Post pricing schedule
- Fixed bug that resulted in Australia Post module not being displayed if prepaid satchels were the only postage method selected (reported by stylevo on opencart.com)

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=1011

Thanks to those who contributed bug reports.

Still haven't had a chance to look at 1.4.9.5 sorry!
all fine in 1.4.9.1 - Thanks SuperJuice!

Just wondering if you've had a chance to look at adding product dimension checking to the prepaid satchels?

Post by Damonik » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:58 pm

SuperJuice wrote:
Damonik wrote:Nah it's not ;/ I'll have to email the host tomorrow and ask them how I can access my php error log files.
Yeah, if you could that'd help greatly :) Keen to sort this out.

Is it a fresh 1.4.9.5 install? can't think of many other reasons it's broken without looking at the logs :D
Hey mate.

Got access to the logs - nothing in the logs at all - weird :/

Post by xcentriq » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:28 pm

Hey there SuperJuice,

The prices for AusPost have changed. Could you please update it? :D

Post by SuperJuice » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:51 am

xcentriq wrote:Hey there SuperJuice,

The prices for AusPost have changed. Could you please update it? :D
The only portion of the module that should need updating is the satchel pricing as all other prices are provided live from Australia Post.. and I would assume they have updated their calculator.

I will be releasing an updated version over the weekend with new pricing (was hoping to have registered added too, but this may slow me down).

If you need to update the satchel pricing urgently, you can make the following changes to ./catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php under the getAuspostSatchel function.

Replace this:

Code: Select all

//Define the different satchel sizes / prices (0 represents unavailable) 
      $satchel = array("satchreg" => array(0 => 6.30, 1 => 10.70, 2 => 0),
               	     "satchexp" => array(0 => 8.80, 1 => 12.00, 2 => 19.90),
                       "satchpla" => array(0 => 12.80, 1 => 16.90, 2 => 0));
With this to update the prices

//Define the different satchel sizes / prices (0 represents unavailable) - Updated July 2011
      $satchel = array("satchreg" => array(0 => 6.60, 1 => 11.20, 2 => 0),
               	     "satchexp" => array(0 => 9.20, 1 => 12.55, 2 => 20.85),
                       "satchpla" => array(0 => 13.40, 1 => 17.70, 2 => 0));
If there are issues with normal parcel prices I will need to investigate why live calculation isn't working. I read the email from bronco and it appears Auspost were having compatibility issues with the new version of live calculation but they were planning to fix it at their end.

Post by SuperJuice » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Have released 1.5.0.5u2 with the July 2011 pricing update for satchels.
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=1011

Will release 1.4.9.1u4 with the same update shortly.

If you use/like the module, please register + vote on the Extensions page if you've got a spare minute.

Post by SuperJuice » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Have just released 1.4.9.1u4 with the July 2011 satchel pricing schedule, it is also available on the Australia Post extension page.

Post by SuperJuice » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:34 pm

bronco92 wrote:
SuperJuice wrote:bronco92, I would definitely like to know about it.

If you can provide any details to me it would be appreciated.

I would expect that they would have an alternate DRC running somewhere using the new method if it isn't backwards compatible. (for testing)
I spoke with the Aus Post IT manager on Friday. Auspost are delaying the release of the new DRC until all issues are ironed out. Support for both new and legacy installs of the Auspost extension in both Opencart and osCommerce will be a priority. The IT manager will be keeping me up to date via email. Apparently the new DRC will have plenty of new options too.

SuperJuice, send me an email to matt (at) mywork.com.au and I'll bring you in on the conversation with the IT manager.
I just forwarded an email to Australia Post as I found 2 issues with their updated gateway. I strongly believe that the issues breaking this module with the new DRC version are at the Australia Post end due to changes they have made to the DRC behaviour (which are trivial and break compatibility for no good reason.. which will affect more than just this module).

I have articulated the 2 issues to Australia Post via email and have CC'd bronco, waiting for a response from them.

I have a working (modified) version of the Australia Post module in case they end up pushing the broken DRC through into production, but I am hoping we don't get to that stage!

bronco, can you follow up that they received the email? I am concerned a spam filter may block it because of the URL examples provided being interpreted as spam links.

Post by shopfair » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:54 am

unable to get past Step3. Delivery Details

when i press continue nothing happens ( using "Gentle" theme from themeforest )
not sure if that has anything to do with it

Please comment on our online Shop http://www.suncig.com.au/

Post by jtsroberts » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:01 pm

SuperJuice wrote:jtsroberts, can't confirm if it works on 1.4.9.5, but the module uses the Opencart conversion API to convert whatever weights you have set into grams for the calculation, I can only think that there may be an issue with how your weights are setup?

Nothing has changed in the weight calculation code since very early versions of the module.

Have you managed to resolve the issue?
Hey SuperJuice. Thanks for your reply. Since my last post, I've:
  • upgraded to AusPost module 1.4.9.1u4
  • changed all products to use cm for dimensions
  • changed all products to use kg for weight
  • made cm the only item in Localisation --> Length Classes
  • made kg the only item in Localisation --> Weight Classes
I still can't get a simple product to return the correct postage. For example, I have one product entered that is 20cm long, 20cm wide and 5cm high. It weighs 1.2kg. If I add it to the cart and go to checkout, the AusPost module is sending this to the DRC API:

http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?pickup_postcode=2617&width=100&height=100&length=100&country=AU&service_type=standard&quantity=1&weight=1&destination_postcode=2300
The dimensions are wrong and the weight is wrong. Also, they are meant to be in mm and grams for the DRC API.

I have a default install of 1.4.9.5 with this AusPost module installed. Any ideas why this wouldn't be working?

Post by SuperJuice » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:45 am

jtsroberts,

I can only assume that there is something wrong with the way it is determining cart item dimensions / weights.

I think you error comes in from:
made cm the only item in Localisation --> Length Classes
made kg the only item in Localisation --> Weight Classes
Do you have mm referenced at all in your installation? as Opencart needs to know the relationship between cm -> mm otherwise the conversion for the length/width/height won't work, same goes for grams, if OpenCart doesn't have grams configured it won't be able to do the kg -> g conversion correctly.

if($cartitem['length_class'] != 'mm') {
						if($cartitem['width'] != 0) {
							$cartitem['width'] = $this->length->convert($cartitem['width'], $cartitem['length_class'], 'mm');
}

$weight = intval($this->weight->convert($this->cart->getWeight(), $this->config->get('config_weight_class'), 'g'));

If the module is sending 100 for each length that means that it is falling back to that default value, which it only does if the item returns a 0 value for the dimension.

//If a dimension is missing, fall back to 100mm
if($cartitem['width'] == 0) { $cartitem['width'] = 100;}
if($cartitem['height'] == 0) { $cartitem['height'] = 100;}
if($cartitem['length'] == 0) { $cartitem['length'] = 100;}
How many items are you adding to the cart in your testing? just the single item?

I will need to try and replicate the issue on a test install, will let you know if I find anything, but in the mean time make sure you have 'g' and 'mm' referenced in your weight and length classes, and that their relationships to kg and cm is configured correctly.

A quick way to test this is to change your default measure to 'mm' and 'g' (so the auspost module doesn't need to do any conversion) and confirm that the values you set for the item are sent to DRC directly (ie. not 100 for dimensions). If they are sent correctly I would say it is how you have your weight/length classes configured that is causing the problem.

Let me know how that test goes, and if there are still problems i'll take a closer look.
Last edited by SuperJuice on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by SuperJuice » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:01 am

It appears OpenCart 1.5.1 has a 'new mod system' (again) so no doubt this module won't work again.

I won't go into the details of what I think about the module system being changed in a minor release.. :-X but I will hopefully get a chance to look at / re-write the affected portions in the next week or so (no promises).

Until then, hold off upgrading if you depend on the Australia Post module.

Because there will essentially now be 3 versions (1.4.9.x, 1.5 'old mod system' and 1.5.1 'new mod system' I will likely have to drop support for the older version because support/maintenance is just becoming too onerous).

-edit-

Also keen to hear any feedback of people that have bothered to try the module with 1.5.1.. although I don't have high hopes!

Post by SuperJuice » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:12 am

shopfair wrote:unable to get past Step3. Delivery Details

when i press continue nothing happens ( using "Gentle" theme from themeforest )
not sure if that has anything to do with it
Have you tested without the theme?
Do other postage methods work?
Can you get past step 3 when the Auspost module is disabled?

Also check the following:
You have curl support in your PHP installation
Your webhost lets you access the drc website (allows outbound http connections)

Post by shopfair » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Hello

yes it's also not working with default theme and yes other modules work no problem.
i am using 1.5.1 so i guess that is why !?

Please comment on our online Shop http://www.suncig.com.au/