Post by i2Paq » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:09 pm

I think that this forum cannot give you the rights to edit your first post.

I know Daniel is very busy re-writing the extension section where you will be able to edit and maintain your own extensions.

What I can do is clean up this topic and remove all obsolete reply's.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by SuperJuice » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:48 pm

It's OK as it is now, QPhoria sorted out the issues in the first post.

The rest of the posts in the thread are OK, I will just PM a mod when I release a new version.

Post by nakz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:56 pm

My customer purchased multiple items, each item weighted differently and I was wondering to why the postage cost is still calculated as 1 item purchased. I added 10 items, which all weighted differently and still getting 1 item postage amount. Could you please assist. thanks

Post by SuperJuice » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:05 pm

Not sure I understand the question, the postage amount you are given is for the entire cart, not per item.. you are saying it isn't increasing when more items are added? If you are using the example that ships with OpenCart, a large number of those items don't have a valid weight configured.

What weight are the items? a substantial weight? or grams? The module processes the total weight of the cart that is passed to it, it doesn't know how many items are in the cart.

Do you have a link to the webstore so I can see what you are explaining?

Can you give me the weight of one item, and the postage estimate (include postage method) and then the postage calculated for 10 of that items using the same postage method.

All previous issues with postage not increasing with more items has been due to the weight being incorrectly set for the items in Opencart (eg. the user set 1 gram instead of kilogram or was using the example items which have many with 0 weight).

Post by nakz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:51 pm

My website is: http://www.chromemycar.com.au/

Some examples:

http://chromemycar.com.au/index.php?rou ... duct_id=57
Weight: 420.00 gram
Dimensions (L x W x H): 20 x 20 x 15

http://chromemycar.com.au/index.php?rou ... duct_id=98
Weight: 340.00 gram
Dimensions (L x W x H): 20 x 15 x 5

If you try to purchase these, you would get the same amount for postage. No matter how many items you added to your cart.

Opencart: Version 1.4.6
And I installed Austpost module from the first post of this thread.

thanks

Post by SuperJuice » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Ok, I can't reproduce it.

For the first item (http://chromemycar.com.au/index.php?rou ... duct_id=57) I added 1 to the cart, proceeded to checkout and entered my postcode as 2611.

The postage came back as

Please select the preferred shipping methods to use on this order.
Australia Post
Australia Post Standard (est. 2 days delivery) $6.60
Australia Post Express (est. 1 day delivery) $9.00

I went back to my cart and changed the quantity to 5, I then got this postage estimate:

Australia Post
Australia Post Standard (est. 2 days delivery) $10.10
Australia Post Express (est. 1 day delivery) $17.80

I then went to item 2 on your list (http://chromemycar.com.au/index.php?rou ... duct_id=98), added 5 of them to my basket (so it now contains 10 items) and this is the estimate I was given:

Australia Post
Australia Post Standard (est. 2 days delivery) $10.65
Australia Post Express (est. 1 day delivery) $20.00

Can you tell me step by step what you are doing to produce the problem?

I will openly disclose at this point in time that the module doesn't currently look at the H/W/L measurements and sends a static package size (but I don't believe this is causing your problem). This hasn't caused major issues for anyone (yet) if you think it's too low you can change the measurement in the module.

I have discussed in this thread the complications with calculating complete cart dimensions, I have several solutions but they all contain a certain level of fudge factor (but will be more accurate than the current method).

I'm wondering if it is some kind of caching issue? Can you try from another browser/PC to rule that out?

Post by Daniel » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:18 am

superjuice,

Can you please upload your extensions to the new extension section?

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by nakz » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:56 pm

Yup that's definitely like what happened with me too, as if you increase some products to your cart
and suppose to be the postage would higer and higher again as you have had add some products
and the weight already increased, but this is not happening for international postage and i don't why ?

As the Aust Post postage they would charged by the weigth or dimension which is which one more expensive.
The rule cubic measurement is HxLxW (mx250) example i got the parcel 700 gram but the dimesion around 100cmx40cmx30cm
so if charged by weight they cheaper so Aust Post would charged by the cubic rule so 1x0.4x0.3=0.12x250=30
so the postage for that measurement would be $30 instead $10 even less than 1 kg.

This is how Aust Post charged the customer, that's why when i add some products i knew how the estimated
the measurement for each products and weight, so i'm always put extra a bit but don't too much otherwise
the customer won't happy with too much postage, however for the measurement or weight i can change anytime to get the right
estimation.

Post by SuperJuice » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:52 pm

OK.. I am having trouble understanding if you still have a problem.

I understand what you are saying about going by dimension over weight.. but as I mentioned above it is difficult to calculate the final parcel size for multiple cart items without some serious maths:

Some light reading on the subject of packing multiple boxes into the smallest possible parcel/box:
http://www.plambeck.org/oldhtml/mathema ... /index.htm

It can be estimated (something that still needs to be added to the module.. but I haven't had much/any demand from anyone to add it). The estimation I planned to use was the cube root of the sum of the volume of all the boxes in the cart, this doesn't solve the problem if you have a very long item though.. like say.. an umbrella.

If you are finding your estimates are constantly low (because your items are fairly large) you can change the dimensions in the module, I think currently it uses a 10cm cube for the calculation because the module was originally written for a friend that was selling smaller items.

Code looks like (catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php):

Code: Select all

&height=100&width=100&length=100
Change it to something slightly larger if required.

If you are still having problems please explain to me how to reproduce them on your live site and the values you are getting and what you are expecting to get and I will try and assist. I can understand it can be difficult to find a balance with multiple items.

Post by imcdermid » Tue May 04, 2010 1:15 pm

I have downloaded the auspost for 1.4.5/1.4.6 and installed it on 1.4.7. It appears to install OK, but when I try to edit it, I get a blank screen with the following in the apache log:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function https() on a non-object in /var/www/myserverurl/opencart_v1.4.7/upload/admin/controller/shipping/auspost.php on line 57, referer: https://myserverurl/admin/index.php?rou ... n/shipping

Is there a fix for this ? I understand that I have installed a 1.4.6 module on 1.4.7

TIA,

Ian

Post by AndyT » Tue May 04, 2010 2:28 pm

If you're able to post your edited file up so we can take a look at it that will help, It's apparent that you've changed something but you haven't done so in the right way which is throwing the errors. I would presume you've just forgotten to put something in quotes or brackets correctly.

Cheers,
Andy

Location - Sydney, Australia

Post by SuperJuice » Tue May 04, 2010 8:34 pm

It looks like you are using an older version of the module.

Did you install a different version and then the version from this thread?

The line referenced in your error doesn't refer to https (I just downloaded the package in the first post to confirm).

This error was caused when the change to the https call happened a few versions of opencart back, but you would have to be using an older version to get this error.

Make sure you delete that file and the re-upload the file from the archive in the first post and let me know if you still get the error.

-edit-

Can anyone else confirm the module works OK on 1.4.7?

Post by imcdermid » Thu May 06, 2010 7:26 am

Hi Superjuice,

removed all auspost files, and reinstalled files from the tar file at the begining of the thread and all is well on 1.4.7

Thanks for your help.

Ian

Post by mikeconomy » Mon May 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi Superjuice,

I am currently running version 1.4.7 version of open cart , i updated your Auspost PHP script but sadly it did not fix the issue that was coming up, which was "Error interfacing with Australia Post(connection)". it has now caused the below issue to arise.

Warning: Missing argument 2 for ModelShippingAuspost::getQuote(), called in /home/amwh/public_html/store/catalog/controller/checkout/shipping.php on line 64 and defined in /home/amwh/public_html/store/catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php on line 10Notice: Undefined variable: zone_id in /home/amwh/public_html/store/catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php on line 14

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Mike
Australian Metalworking hobbyist
http://www.australianmetalworkinghobbyist.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by SuperJuice » Sat May 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Sorry, for some reason I didn't get a forum notification that there was a reply to this thread.

Your error looks like your web server is blocking outbound connections to port 80 (it needs to make a connection to the auspost calculator page).

Can you check this is working correctly? this has the only problem I have found causing the above error.

Post by breeze » Mon May 24, 2010 6:20 pm

Is there a planned v1.4.8 AusPost mod, or is the script making it into the core?

breeze solutions | proud opencart user

Post by SuperJuice » Mon May 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Has anyone tested/confirmed that the current version of the module does/doesn't work with 1.4.8?

I haven't yet had a chance to look at 1.4.8 and likely won't until later this weekend. If people could provide feedback and any errors it would be greatly appreciated.

Post by AndyT » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:37 pm

For 1.4.8,
Maybe I've got the wrong download, All I could find was the extension for 1.4.5 (or the file was marked as 1.4.5).

The module is installed, though i can't save any options.

Cheers,
Andy

Location - Sydney, Australia

Post by SuperJuice » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:26 pm

I haven't tested it on 1.4.8 and by the sounds of it.. they have changed the API again, so it isn't going to work.

I will take a look when I get a spare minute, I believe the 1.4.5 release of the module works OK for 1.4.6 and 1.4.7.

It won't be going back into the core if I can help it.

Post by SuperJuice » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:08 am

For those attempting to use the module on 1.4.8, have you tried the following (from the 1.4.8 release notes) for a short term fix?
All 1.4.7 compatible mods should work with this version. However, mod makers will need to add support for the admin token system. While waiting for updated mods, users can bypass the token check from the System Settings->Server tab.
Interested to know if this resolves the issues you are having until I release an updated version.