Post by 900pixels » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:00 am

I have an issue which is only happening with registered users:
When they get to the delivery information page, the page is not calling up the aus post delivery option.
If I enable any other shipping method, they get called up in the shipping method box, but the aus post one will not.

As a default I only have aus post as a shipping method, so when no other shipping method is enabled registered customers get an Error: select shipping method! error and cannot proceed.

Works fine for guests though.

I have downloaded the last 1.34 drop bear release and re-uploaded those files but it has not helped the situation.

Any idea why it is not being called up?

Post by SuperJuice » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:16 am

As I mentioned in my email response I believe this is being caused by 0 cart weight.

Confirm that the cart being checked out has a weight greater than 0.

The module correctly returns the error, but with the new Ajax method that Opencart is using, this error isn't displayed to the user.

Also check to confirm that the cart isn't exceeding the weight.

Usually to troubleshoot I just echo the contents of the error variable to the top of the checkout page.

Post by SuperJuice » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:46 pm

As expected, the above issues was due to the weights of the items in the cart exceeding 20kg.

Post by SuperJuice » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:52 pm

Forum user kirra has just informed me that the Dropbear edition for OpenCart 1.4 does not work with the currently in Beta 1.4.1 release.

I will look at creating a 1.4.1 dropbear edition in the near future, and expect I will have a chance to look at it this weekend.

It should also be known that I am only supporting the Dropbear releases of the Australia Post shipping modules which are currently released for 1.3.4 and 1.4.0.
http://www.pixeldrift.net/opencart/open ... n.2.tar.gz
http://www.pixeldrift.net/opencart/open ... ion.tar.gz

The Australia Post shipping module that is included in the OpenCart release is no longer supported by me.

Post by Bexley » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:16 pm

so who is supporting the Australia Post Module then as its such an important part of the project. Multiple shops are far less important that being able to ship correctly. Thank you for all your work so far. I'm unable to continue knowing the Australia Post module in the pre release still don't work.
Steve - from a land down under

Post by SuperJuice » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:27 am

The rundown is this:

I originally released an Australia Post module for use with the earlier OpenCart (1.3.2 from memory). This module was 'merged' into the standard OpenCart source by Daniel (the author) and was modified and essentially broken. ie. no version that has ever shipped as part of OpenCart has ever worked out of the box, due to modifications made to my module by the OpenCart author.

Due to this, and the fact that people using the OpenCart module that shipped in OpenCart and finding it didn't work.. I took it upon myself to release the 'Dropbear' edition, a play on 'Drop in replacement' essentially. The Dropbear editions I first released was just to fix the bugs introduced by the OpenCart author.

The Dropbear editions now have far more features, have essentially been re-written, and although I have complained multiple times to Daniel that the included version is essentially useless, it is still being shipped with OpenCart.

As it currently stands politically: I have asked that all Auspost work in the core OpenCart be updated to the current version and attributed to me if I am expected to support it (considering I wasn't the one that broke it the last module.. I actually _test_ my releases). Because no agreement can really be reached, I am no longer offering to support the version that ships with OpenCart, mainly because it is extremely old, doesn't support international shipping among other things.. and has been hacked up by someone else.

I am sure by now you're thinking "I don't care about the politics, I just want postage!", to which I can say I will continue releasing Dropbear editions of my module for new releases of OpenCart to install straight over the top of the deprecated included module. I will release Dropbear edition 1.4.1 in the near future when I get a chance to update. (1.4.1 is for Testing only at the moment, and shouldn't be used in Production)

So I will be supporting Australia Post shipping, but only Dropbear editions. If you have problems with the module rolled into the OpenCart core, talk to Daniel.

Dropbear editions currently exist for
OpenCart 1.3.4

OpenCart 1.4.0 (confirmed not working with OpenCart 1.4.1)

OpenCart 1.4.1 Coming soon

I would put all the relevant information in the first post of the thread, but due to forum restrictions I can no longer edit my first post.

Post by SuperJuice » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:43 pm

I have just updated this module for OpenCart 1.4.1 (dev).

It has only been changes forced by changes in the 1.4.1 core, namely:
How URL's are referred to in breadcrumbs in the admin section
How the weight conversion function is called

I have also fixed a bug where the module was calculating weight even when it was set to 'disabled' (if you have this installed you will likely have it enabled.. so is minor impact).

Please double check any basket weights/calculations as I want to confirm this new code is working correctly (I have tested it, but more eyes the better)

I have also tested this with all methods of shipping, guest, registered and returning customer accounts. Please let me know if you find any issues (or if you are using it and it is all OK!!).

Post by SuperJuice » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:41 am

30+ downloads of the 1.4.1 module and no comments? :P

I will interpret that as everything is working OK :) (or no one is using 1.4.1 for testing)

Post by SuperJuice » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:50 am

If anyone tests this with the 2010-03-08 1.4.1 release of OpenCart please let me know how you get on.

I haven't yet had a chance to test it.

Post by Sunnybee » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Hi SuperJuice

I have been testing Opencart 1.4.1 and 1.4.2, with your AustPost Dropbear 1.4.1 on my test machine and our hosted website.

I am finding that the module installed fine (thanks), in admin you can set up all the Auspost options no problem.

These are the problems I am finding when testing checking out, on both local & hosted installs (using firefox 3.6 and IE guest or registered user)

1. It appears that the rate is based on weight (compared to http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/aus_parcel.asp)
2. If you go back and double the order it will still return that same price as before for the user (this wasn't happening in 1.3.4 or 1.4.0).
3. If you do a guest check out or a registered user, change the postcodes it is still giving the same postage rates for all postcodes
4. If you then make a change to the weight or size of the product and try the checkout process again, it will not pick up the changes (doesn't happen in 1.3.4 or 1.4.0, it picks up the changes, even when you are at the guest_step_2, then scroll back a page to the address page hit continue and it picks up the changes made to the product weight or if you change a postcode)
5. If you checkout with more than 20KG the error message doesn't show

Am not getting any of these glitches in my 1.4.0 or 1.3.4 test installs, so not sure where to look for a solution

Can you put any light on the problem

Post by SuperJuice » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:56 pm

1. It is currently based on a static box size (I think 10cm cubed from memory), because there is currently no easy way to calculate the combination of multiple boxes... or items with no dimensions (which pops up regularly). The general idea I plan to use is to add up all the volumes of the items in the cart (with no-dimension items getting a fallback value) and then calculating the cube root of that total volume and passing that to the module / calculator.

It is straight forward to update the current static volume in the module if you believe it is reading too low for the type of items your store sells.

5. I am definitely aware of and is due to how OpenCart displays error messages.. especially in guest checkout. I haven't yet found the solution for how/where to display this, it is definitely returning the error value from the module just not being displayed.

As for the other points you make, there was next to nothing changed in the module between 1.4.0 -> 1.4.1.. just a few variable names because OpenCart renamed the variables, logic and calculation functions remained the same.

I am concerned it may be something introduced in the Ajax portion of 1.4.1, I will have to see if I can replicate any of the issues you have.

Can anyone else report on using this module in 1.4.1? and can anyone else replicate items 2-4 in the above list from Sunnybee?

Post by Thumbs » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Guys,

Could smeone tell me please what versions of OC the Auspost v1.1 works with?

Much obliged.

Post by SuperJuice » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:12 am

You shouldn't be using 1.1, it is extremely old and should be removed from the extensions section.. but unfortunately hasn't been. It doesn't support a lot of the new features. It is written for 1.3.1 (as documentation says)

Download a 'dropbear edition' for the specific version of OpenCart you are using.

If you read up this thread a little, there are links to the different versions. The 1.4.1 version should work with 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 also, once tested I will rename the package accordingly (might just incorporate all versions into a single tarball!).

-edit-

For the sake of ease of use

OpenCart 1.3.4

OpenCart 1.4.0

OpenCart 1.4.1 (Requires testing on 1.4.2 and 1.4.3)

Post by Daniel » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:20 am

where is the libkk to the extension you want me to remove. i'm also in the process of alterign the contribution sectionso youcan edit your own contributions.

it will take time to finish though.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by SuperJuice » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:45 am

Link that needs to be removed is here:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ion_id=215

Post by datacon » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:34 am

Hi SuperJuice,

Is there an ETA on Dropbear for 1.4.4? I get this error on fresh install:

Australia Post
Error interfacing with Australia Post (connection)

Thanks buddy

Post by SuperJuice » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:59 am

Are you using the version shipped in 1.4.4?, no one should be using this version.. Daniel broke it and refuses to remove it.

Download and install the 1.4.1 Dropbear edition listed above, this should work with 1.4.4. if it doesn't let me know.

Post by index » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi Superjuice,

I had the same Australia Post [non connect] error message with 1.4.4 as Datacon, so I just downloaded and installed [via your instructions] Dropbear 1.4.1 Aust Post files.

The result was that the error message has gone - but also there is no trace of any freight showing at all now! So you cannot proceed to the checkout because there are no freight settings to select from.

Any ideas?

Thank you
Last edited by i2Paq on Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I removed you topic about this

Post by cmebd » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:36 pm

This issue has been put in the post before. The resolution was to make sure you had some "weight" to your product.

HTH

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by index » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Thank you for your advice, but I have put sizes and weights into my product listing and Australia Post still does not show up in the checkout as a freight option at all.