Post by hotwebideas » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:20 pm

The new Super Message Kit module for OpenCart 1.5 is the Welcome module on steroids. It can be downloaded for free at http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC

I wanted to make something more interactive with the OpenCart admin and give admins more control with these features:
  • Welcome messages have a start date and end date which is great for holiday-sensitive messages as well as expiration dates for coupons. For example, if I have a 20% off coupon that expires on December 31, 2011, I want that message to disappear on January 1, 2012 and I don't want to have to worry about removing the message. I want to set it once and forget about it.
  • jQuery behaviors like fading in.
  • Add HTML IDs that would allow the user to control the message's appearance with CSS or jQuery
  • Inline CSS that allows the user to specify CSS in case they do not want to add an ID.
  • Control the message heading and not be constrained to just "Welcome To My Store".
I have written full instructions with screen shots on how to use the Super Message Kit module on Hubpages at http://hubpages.com/hub/Open-Cart-Modul ... ith-jQuery

You can also get quick instructions on the Documentation tab on the Open Cart extension download page as well at http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC.

For any questions, please feel free to ask. I would love your feedback.

Bruce

Post by i2Paq » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Very nice, thank you for the FREE contribution! :)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by hotwebideas » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:04 pm

You're welcome, i2Paq. Let me know if you see any issues with it.

Bruce

Post by OnNets » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:58 pm

Hi,

I am using V1.5.1.1
I got this message :

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/abc/public_html/catalog/controller/common/column_left.php on line 49Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/abc/public_html/catalog/controller/common/column_right.php on line 49Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/abc/public_html/catalog/controller/common/content_top.php on line 49Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/abc/public_html/catalog/controller/common/content_bottom.php on line 49

What did I do wrong? Please help.

Thank you.

Post by mkh » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:32 pm

Yeah I got the same problem and errors as OnNets... ;/

mkh

Post by alber99 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:03 am

anyone get this to work on OC 1.5.2 ?

This is similar to the "welcome Module" and I am especially interested in the feature that replaces the vague title (module 1, module 2, etc.) that the welcome module uses in admin. Instead it apparently lets the user enter a unique title so it' s easier to identify. This extension seems to do that as one of its features - but apparently the extension does not work in OC 1.5.2 ?

Alternatively, does anyone have a mod that can fix that detail in the Welcome Module ?

Or is there another "custom HTML" extension that does that ?

Post by rfe » Mon May 07, 2012 2:33 pm

No success with oc 1.5.2

Can you give some advice on how to activate message kit for new oc version?
Does this extension works with shoppica ?

Thank you

rfe

Post by Global Titans » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:28 pm

1+

http://Shopix.me - Natural herbs and more.. - online shop