I wanted to make something more interactive with the OpenCart admin and give admins more control with these features:
- Welcome messages have a start date and end date which is great for holiday-sensitive messages as well as expiration dates for coupons. For example, if I have a 20% off coupon that expires on December 31, 2011, I want that message to disappear on January 1, 2012 and I don't want to have to worry about removing the message. I want to set it once and forget about it.
- jQuery behaviors like fading in.
- Add HTML IDs that would allow the user to control the message's appearance with CSS or jQuery
- Inline CSS that allows the user to specify CSS in case they do not want to add an ID.
- Control the message heading and not be constrained to just "Welcome To My Store".
You can also get quick instructions on the Documentation tab on the Open Cart extension download page as well at http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC.
For any questions, please feel free to ask. I would love your feedback.