Post by pros » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:46 pm

Installation was flawless but export function output errors and gives a warning:

Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit due to system policy in ..../admin/controller/tool/export.php on line 76

I´ve figured that it´s most probable due to a configuration matter in php.ini but i can´t change that file on my hosting company - and they won´t change it for me. Is there any form of workaround available?

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:57 pm

pros wrote:Installation was flawless but export function output errors and gives a warning:

Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit due to system policy in ..../admin/controller/tool/export.php on line 76

I´ve figured that it´s most probable due to a configuration matter in php.ini but i can´t change that file on my hosting company - and they won´t change it for me. Is there any form of workaround available?
Comment out the line 76 of above mentioned file, chances are it will still work as long as your server is fast enough.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:02 pm

gamersmarket wrote:Hi!

My problem is, that a blank page appears when I press Export button. My PHP config. is the following: http://platinagames.ro/phpinfo.php so I don't think this would be the problem.

Please help. I searched the forum, but I have't found a solution.

Thank you
Have you checked your system/logs/error.txt or your server's error log?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Degsey » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:40 am

Like to say a quick thank you - It installed the first time and for a change I did not have to play with the code and VQMod is a god send.

Thanks again

Live Long and Prosper!

Degsey :-]

Visit us at :

http://www.Supreme-Ink.com

Location - North Carolina

Post by 3antz » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:06 am

Hi,

Firstly thank you very much for this great mod.

I have a problem when import function, when i try to import an .xls file I get a white page, with no errors, nothing.
Any idea what could be the issue? I'm just starting afresh, only have VQmod, VQMod manager and this installed.

Thanks in advance.

- Opencart 1.5.1.3

Post by Lao » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Did you go to Users/Top administrator and checked all the checkboxes after you installed this?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I'm using Open Cart 1.5.4.1 on http://www.importpieseauto.ro

Lao

Location - Craiova, Romania

Post by 3antz » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:53 pm

yupe, I have already done this.
checked with my web hosting, the configurations meet all the requirements.

Post by 3antz » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:07 pm

hi all, anyone can help? :)

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:37 pm

Check your relevant PHP settings, as listed in the readme.txt . Chances are that some of them have values which are too small.

Guru Member

Post by xxscrappyxx » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:25 am

noahm wrote:
JNeuhoff wrote:
noahm wrote:Export import tool is not visable in System > Export/Import after install.

It's Opencart 1.5

1)
Installed vqmod according; vqmod's instructions.
"VQMOD HAS BEEN INSTALLED ON YOUR SYSTEM!" is on mywebiste.com/vqmod/install/

2)
Then uploaded the files import/export files (admin, system and vqmod) from the upload folder in the root directory of my website.

3)
I see tool/export in User group and changed permisions.

But I still don't see the System > Export/Import link
Your VQmod should have been installed to mywebiste.com/vqmod
Offcourse I installed VQmod on mywebiste.com/vqmod, the instalation check is on mywebiste.com/vqmod/install/.

So this was (unfortunaly) not the solution
This is where I am currently stuck too. I have read this thread twice and cannot see a solution.
Can someone advise please?

Thanks.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:35 am

xxscrappyxx wrote:
noahm wrote:
Offcourse I installed VQmod on mywebiste.com/vqmod, the instalation check is on mywebiste.com/vqmod/install/.

So this was (unfortunaly) not the solution
This is where I am currently stuck too. I have read this thread twice and cannot see a solution.
Can someone advise please?

Thanks.
I am unable to reproduce your errors. Send me a PM with your FTP and Opencart login details so that I can take a look at it.

Guru Member

Post by xxscrappyxx » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:08 am

Thank you :D

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:05 pm

You didn't follow the readme.txt instructions completely for the installation. I have now uploaded the missing export.xml to your public_html/vqmod/xml folder, and it now sees the Export/Import tool just fine in the admin backend.

Guru Member

Post by xxscrappyxx » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Thank you. :)
I did follow the instructions to the letter. Below is what is included in the README.TXT.
Please can you point out to me what I missed, because I cannot see it.
Export/Import Tool for OpenCart 1.5.1.x
=======================================

The Import/Export Tool allows the admin user to do a bulk export
of all the categories, products, and product options to an Excel spreadsheet file.
The spreadsheet file can be edited offline and then be re-imported to the OpenCart database.

Requirements and Limitations
============================

1) This module only supports one front end language.

2) Memory requirements can be quite high.

For example, for a store that has 13,500 products and 300 categories:

XLS File Size: 9 to 10MB
Memory Usage Export: up to 13MB
Memory Usage Import: up to 355MB

Which works fine with the following PHP settings:

memory_limit 512M
post_max_size 16M
upload_max_filesize 16M

Not every shared web hosting account supports such a high process memory usage.
Therefore, if you use a basic shared web hosting account, no more than than a few thousands
products can be supported. Use a more dedicated web hosting account if a higher number of
products are to be supported for the Export/Import module.

The high memory usage of the Import is due to the fact that the underlying PHPExcelReader parses
the whole file into RAM memory first before being able to access the spreadsheet cells.

Installation
============

1)
Upload the folders 'admin' and 'system' and their files
from the 'upload' directory to your OpenCart root directory.

2)
The following OpenCart core files need to be changed:

admin/controller/common/header.php
admin/language/english/common/header.php
admin/view/template/common/header.tpl

If you have a pre-installed VQMod (Virtual Modifier) on your OpenCart system
then all you have to do is to upload the 'vqmod' folder and its files from the
'upload' directory to the OpenCart root directory.

VQMod is available from <http://vqmod.com/>

Alternatively, you can change the header files manually:

In file admin/controller/common/header.php find:
$this->data['text_backup'] = $this->language->get('text_backup');
Add the following after the found line:
$this->data['text_export'] = $this->language->get('text_export');

In file admin/controller/common/header.php find:
$this->data['backup'] = $this->url->link('tool/backup', 'token=' . $this->session->data['token'], 'SSL');
$this->data['export'] = $this->url->link('tool/export', 'token=' . $this->session->data['token'], 'SSL');

In file admin/language/english/common find:
$_['text_backup'] = 'Backup / Restore';
Add the folling after the found line:
$_['text_export'] = 'Export / Import';

In file admin/view/template/common/header.tpl find:
<li><a href="<?php echo $backup; ?>"><?php echo $text_backup; ?></a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo $export; ?>"><?php echo $text_export; ?></a></li>

3)
Before using this newly installed Export/Import feature for the first time, you must set the
access rights for top administrator as follows:

In the admin interface, choose

System > Users > User Group

From there, select 'Top Administrator', then click on the 'Edit' link to the right.
This will open up an edit window with multichoice dropdown lists for 'Access' and 'Modify' rights.
In both of them, you'll see a new entry for 'tool/export' which you can select by clicking
on their check boxes.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:58 am

xxscrappyxx wrote:Thank you. :)
I did follow the instructions to the letter. Below is what is included in the README.TXT.
Please can you point out to me what I missed, because I cannot see it.
Step 2): Either upload the vqmod folder with its export.xml file or manually change the listed header files.

Guru Member

Post by xxscrappyxx » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:55 am

I did that though....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Post by middle_road » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:37 am

JNeuhoff wrote:The Export/Import tool is now available from the usual OpenCart extensions section, or from
http://www.mhccorp.com/opencart/export-import-tool
Thanks Juergen! This tool has been working great to import a few hundred items the past few days.

I did try to import a single line file, thankfully I had performed a complete backup before attempting... :laugh:

>> OC v1.5.1.3.1 - Shared Host, ICDSoft - php.ini set as recommended.

_mr

Location - East TN

Post by siffrock » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:12 am

Hi JNeuhoff,
thanks for this mod. It was working great until I came across a little bug.
OC Version 1.5.1.3
Most of my products are with options (radio): no problem.
After I included some product with image option I realized I had to insert manually the options value in the admin area(admin/catalogue/option), then I filled the option tab (xls file) with the value created in the admin/catalogue/option (see below).

If I do everything manually, it works fine showing the images next to the option value of the product page.

When I import the xls file filled with the image options (see below) it clear the options value in the admin area, so no options are displayed in the product page.

I hope someone solved the problem, otherwise, I can't import new products in the future anymore...
Thanks,
Roberto

Location - London

Post by middle_road » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:14 am

siffrock wrote:Hi JNeuhoff,
thanks for this mod. It was working great until I came across a little bug.
OC Version 1.5.1.3
Most of my products are with options (radio): no problem.
After I included some product with image option I realized I had to insert manually the options value in the admin area(admin/catalogue/option), then I filled the option tab (xls file) with the value created in the admin/catalogue/option (see above)((for brevity...))
Roberto,
I just spent a quick 15 mins. checking this out.
Appears to me that you have to create/define the options you need and then 'apply' it to the products that you wish to have them on.
I created an option named 'just_a_pict' and then exported. It didn't show on any of the worksheets.
I then went back in and applied it to one of my products and then exported. It then shows up under the 'Options' tab.

Hope this helps you out,
_mr

Attachments

options_prob_forums.jpg

options_prob_forums.jpg (16.63 KiB) Viewed 7547 times

Location - East TN

Post by siffrock » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:13 pm

middle_road wrote:
siffrock wrote: Roberto,
I just spent a quick 15 mins. checking this out.
Appears to me that you have to create/define the options you need and then 'apply' it to the products that you wish to have them on.
I created an option named 'just_a_pict' and then exported. It didn't show on any of the worksheets.
I then went back in and applied it to one of my products and then exported. It then shows up under the 'Options' tab.

Hope this helps you out,
_mr
Hi Middle Road,
thanks for trying this out.
I also don't have problem exporting the options in the worksheet. The problem is when I import it back to OpenCart.
It just wipes out the image infos in the option area and in option tab of the related product.
Have a try and let me know.
Thanks again,
Roberto

Location - London