Post by TheCovenant » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:45 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
hbg wrote:Hi, I opened it in Excel & received the same error. Maybe fill in a few of the blank cells, and try again? I have used a few different ones. The main issue I had was the description stuffing up, and adding html characters on 1.4.9.4.
I can open it just fine using OpenOffice 3.3.0. So maybe it's an issue with Microsoft's Excel not being backward compatable to the XLS BIFF8 format used by the PHP Pear Excel Writer software embedded in the Export/Import tool?
Just to make sure, because i see you quotes HBG.

But i dont see him attached any doc's, so i "assume" you open up my docs and "can open it without error" ..?
if thats so, than i will start installing OpenOffice and using it. ;)

Post by jomeza001 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:43 am

i'll try...

Post by NTCommerce » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:18 am

JNeuhoff wrote:The problem with the attributes has now been fixed.
I am using oc 1.5.0.5 and am having a problem with importing attributes. Can you tell me how this was fixed

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:54 pm

NTCommerce wrote:
JNeuhoff wrote:The problem with the attributes has now been fixed.
I am using oc 1.5.0.5 and am having a problem with importing attributes. Can you tell me how this was fixed
Are you sure you are using the latest version of the Export/Import tool? If so, send me a PM with your spreadhsheet file, and I can try it out. Otherwise I am unable to reproduce your error, if any.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by xucngo » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Hi,

if somebody is interested, i'v made a small change to the script, so that it exports and imports multi language xls files

Post by igama » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:28 am

xucngo wrote:Hi,

if somebody is interested, i'v made a small change to the script, so that it exports and imports multi language xls files
Could you share your version of the script?

Thanks ;)

Post by jomeza001 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:29 am

igama wrote:Could you share your version of the script?

Thanks ;)
X2

Post by abdipribados » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi JNeuhoff

First I want to thank you for this great module.
I already install it in my store using the 1.5.0.5 version and modules OpenCart "OpenCart-1-5-0-x-4-Export-import '.

The first time I used it, that's great. I export, modify, and import successfully.
But when I want to edit my product today, I get an error when exporting the database. I just get an excel file with a size of 2kb with only one cell with the text:
Error: The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay<br />Error No: 1104<br />SELECT p.product_id, pd.name, GROUP_CONCAT( DISTINCT CAST(pc.category_id AS CHAR(11)) SEPARATOR "," ) AS categories, p.sku, p.upc, p.location, p.quantity, p.model, m.name AS manufacturer, p.image AS image_name, p.shipping, p.price, p.points, p.date_added, p.date_modified, p.date_available, p.weight, wc.unit, p.length, p.width, p.height, p.status, p.tax_class_id, p.viewed, p.sort_order, pd.language_id, ua.keyword, pd.description, pd.meta_description, pd.meta_keyword, p.stock_status_id, mc.unit AS length_unit, p.subtract, p.minimum, GROUP_CONCAT( DISTINCT CAST(pr.related_id AS CHAR(11)) SEPARATOR "," ) AS related, GROUP_CONCAT( DISTINCT pt.tag SEPARATOR "," ) AS tags FROM `sf_product` p LEFT JOIN `sf_product_description` pd ON p.product_id=pd.product_id AND pd.language_id=2 LEFT JOIN `sf_product_to_category` pc ON p.product_id=pc.product_id LEFT JOIN `sf_url_alias` ua ON ua.query=CONCAT('product_id=',p.product_id) LEFT JOIN `sf_manufacturer` m ON m.manufacturer_id = p.manufacturer_id LEFT JOIN `sf_weight_class_description` wc ON wc.weight_class_id = p.weight_class_id AND wc.language_id=2 LEFT JOIN `sf_length_class_description` mc ON mc.length_class_id=p.length_class_id AND mc.language_id=2 LEFT JOIN `sf_product_related` pr ON pr.product_id=p.product_id LEFT JOIN `sf_product_tag` pt ON pt.product_id=p.product_id AND pt.language_id=2 GROUP BY p.product_id ORDER BY p.product_id, pc.category_id;
Could you help me how to solved this problem ?
Thank you and sorry for my english

Post by teratyke » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:14 pm

abdipribados wrote:Hi JNeuhoff

First I want to thank you for this great module.
I already install it in my store using the 1.5.0.5 version and modules OpenCart "OpenCart-1-5-0-x-4-Export-import '.

The first time I used it, that's great. I export, modify, and import successfully.
But when I want to edit my product today, I get an error when exporting the database. I just get an excel file with a size of 2kb with only one cell with the text:
Error: The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay<br />Error No: 1104<br />SELECT p.product_id, pd.name, GROUP_CONCAT( DISTINCT CAST(pc.category_id AS CHAR(11)) SEPARATOR "," ) AS categories, p.sku, p.upc, p.location, p.quantity, p.model, m.name AS manufacturer, p.image AS image_name, p.shipping, p.price, p.points, p.date_added, p.date_modified, p.date_available, p.weight, wc.unit, p.length, p.width, p.height, p.status, p.tax_class_id, p.viewed, p.sort_order, pd.language_id, ua.keyword, pd.description, pd.meta_description, pd.meta_keyword, p.stock_status_id, mc.unit AS length_unit, p.subtract, p.minimum, GROUP_CONCAT( DISTINCT CAST(pr.related_id AS CHAR(11)) SEPARATOR "," ) AS related, GROUP_CONCAT( DISTINCT pt.tag SEPARATOR "," ) AS tags FROM `sf_product` p LEFT JOIN `sf_product_description` pd ON p.product_id=pd.product_id AND pd.language_id=2 LEFT JOIN `sf_product_to_category` pc ON p.product_id=pc.product_id LEFT JOIN `sf_url_alias` ua ON ua.query=CONCAT('product_id=',p.product_id) LEFT JOIN `sf_manufacturer` m ON m.manufacturer_id = p.manufacturer_id LEFT JOIN `sf_weight_class_description` wc ON wc.weight_class_id = p.weight_class_id AND wc.language_id=2 LEFT JOIN `sf_length_class_description` mc ON mc.length_class_id=p.length_class_id AND mc.language_id=2 LEFT JOIN `sf_product_related` pr ON pr.product_id=p.product_id LEFT JOIN `sf_product_tag` pt ON pt.product_id=p.product_id AND pt.language_id=2 GROUP BY p.product_id ORDER BY p.product_id, pc.category_id;
Could you help me how to solved this problem ?
Thank you and sorry for my english
I think I might be able to help, I had this problem previously. You could enable Big_Selects (as it suggests in the error)
I'm not sure we are using exactly the same version but I put this line...

Code: Select all

mysql_query("set sql_big_selects=1");
after this line..

$query .= "ORDER BY p.product_id, pc.category_id; ";
in this file... admin/model/tool/export.php
Good luck

Post by abdipribados » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:30 pm

teratyke wrote: I think I might be able to help, I had this problem previously. You could enable Big_Selects (as it suggests in the error)
I'm not sure we are using exactly the same version but I put this line...

mysql_query("set sql_big_selects=1");
after this line..

$query .= "ORDER BY p.product_id, pc.category_id; ";
in this file... admin/model/tool/export.php
Good luck
Hi teratyke
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
It work for me. Now I can export it again.
I really appreciate it.
:)

Post by Ariskos » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Hello, I have the following problem with 1.5.1:
When I import the xls file, products and categories are appearing in the front end but I can't find any category or product in the admin panel to edit them..
Is it a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Ok, I found the solution of the problem, I had the admin language in English and as a defualt language I had Greek (because I need Greeks for the frontend).
Is there a solution to have Greek in FrontEnd (and that means that it should be default) and English in Backend Admin ?

Web Developer specialized in Opencart. Visit my extensions:
(1)SKU Generator 1.5.x / (2) Opentasks

Location - Athens

Post by hbg » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:49 am

hbg wrote:Hi, I opened it in Excel & received the same error. Maybe fill in a few of the blank cells, and try again? I have used a few different ones. The main issue I had was the description stuffing up, and adding html characters on 1.4.9.4.
I have just started using Opeboffice, and it seems to retain the formatting.
http://download.openoffice.org/other.html

Opencart Version 1.5.1.3
https://www.opencart.homebrewinn.com.au/shop/

hbg

Location - Newcastle NSW Australia

Post by jomeza001 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:06 am

I'm having a similar problem with Excell 2003. Sometimes when i add/edit any cell i must be careful to paste values only, EVERYTIME. If i forget and paste as normal (Ctrl + V) then i must start all over again. Even if i press Ctrl + Z.

Last time i added 40 items. But when in store front, only 28 were visible. However in ADMIN, i could see every item and it's values. Everything was perfect in ADMIN but for some reason i could not find any of these 10 "lost" items in Store front.

I had to get the previously Backup XLS file and start all over again.

Weird...

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:53 am

Ariskos wrote:Hello, I have the following problem with 1.5.1:
When I import the xls file, products and categories are appearing in the front end but I can't find any category or product in the admin panel to edit them..
Is it a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Ok, I found the solution of the problem, I had the admin language in English and as a defualt language I had Greek (because I need Greeks for the frontend).
Is there a solution to have Greek in FrontEnd (and that means that it should be default) and English in Backend Admin ?
The Export/Import tool uses the language as specified in the

System > Settings > Local > Language (should be Greek in your case)

regardless of the admin language used in the backend.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by grgolf » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 am

I'm getting the following errors below when trying to import. My file size is 1.8mb. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 80740352) (tried to allocate 67 bytes) in /system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Worksheet.php on line 961
Fatal Error: Out of memory (allocated 80740352) (tried to allocate 67 bytes) in /system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Worksheet.php on line 961

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:36 pm

grgolf wrote:I'm getting the following errors below when trying to import. My file size is 1.8mb. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 80740352) (tried to allocate 67 bytes) in /system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Worksheet.php on line 961
Fatal Error: Out of memory (allocated 80740352) (tried to allocate 67 bytes) in /system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Worksheet.php on line 961
See the embedded 'readme.txt' which explains the memory limatations of the Export/Import tool and the PHP settings influencing the degree of allowed memory.

Guru Member

Post by grgolf » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:38 pm

I read the instructions and my file is only 1.8mb and I still get this error. I ran it with no problems when I was using 1.4.9.4. Now that I've switched to 1.5.1 I'm getting these errors.

Post by Lao » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi!

I have a bog problem I never encountered before: I uploaded the import file, all products appeared in front office, but when I go to admin page and check the Products page, there's no product listed.

What can I check?

Later edit: I just had to read a few messages up. I had the admin set to english and front end to romanian. After I changed the Admin to romanian also, the products appeared. Is there any way of keeping Admin in english and still have the Products page working?

Thank you!

I'm using Open Cart 1.5.4.1 on http://www.importpieseauto.ro

Lao

Location - Craiova, Romania

Post by hbg » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:47 am

Lao wrote:Hi!

I have a bog problem I never encountered before: I uploaded the import file, all products appeared in front office, but when I go to admin page and check the Products page, there's no product listed.

What can I check?

Thank you!
Do they all have individual SEO names? I think that was the cause of a similar problem for me before.

Opencart Version 1.5.1.3
https://www.opencart.homebrewinn.com.au/shop/

hbg

Location - Newcastle NSW Australia

Post by gamersmarket » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi!

My problem is, that a blank page appears when I press Export button. My PHP config. is the following: http://platinagames.ro/phpinfo.php so I don't think this would be the problem.

Please help. I searched the forum, but I have't found a solution.

Thank you