Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:32 pm

The Export/Import tool is now available for the 1.4.9 version of Opencart.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by atsukentx » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:30 pm

i love this modules, but i got error while i import product. I got message successfully import the product but there is nothing in my admin products catalog and error message like
Notice: Undefined variable: text_error in ...catalog\view\theme\default\template\product\category.tpl on line 22
. please help me...

Toko Distro Online http://kitagaya.com

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:55 am

Any entries in your server's error_log or Opencart's system/log/error.txt ?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by mondy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:54 am

b"h

Thanks for the Export/Import tool, this is very usefull.

Can it be also support multi lanuagees DataBase ?

Mo.

Guru Member

Post by bluerayconcepts » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:21 am

Are there plans to expand this mod to cover say the entire product tables and or are we able to do this now?

DJ
BlueRay Concepts
http://www.bluerayconcepts.com

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:50 pm

bluerayconcepts wrote:Are there plans to expand this mod to cover say the entire product tables and or are we able to do this now?
All of the core Opencart product, category and product options fields are supported by the Export/Import tool.

Guru Member

Post by delirium2k » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:38 am

Trying to import a set of new products based on an exported stock product sheet. I've filled in the information for all tables except the meta and description categories. I already created all the category and sub-categories for the site and added those manually. The excel sheet references to category numbers for the items being uploaded.

The import itself works fine, however, once it is completed no products show up in my product catalog. Not really sure what the issue might be.

Post by adamedsall » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:31 am

Hello,

I love your tool, but I am having what seems to be a fairly common problem with the images. However, I have not been able to find an answer. I understand that the tool imports the image names, and not the images (obviously), but the names that I am supplying for it do not seem to be able to point to the images within the directory where I upload them using FTP. I copied the model that I was given when I exported the dummy products that are included when you first install the store, so I could figure out how I needed to organize the spreadsheet in comparision to my supplier's .csv files, and used data/image1.jpg, but it's not working.

The data that I receive from my supplier is just the image name ie: image1.jpg, and I create a new column with just "data/" in the column and copy that down X amount of rows, and then copy those two columns, and paste that information with the delimters merged into a new column, so the end of it appears just as the model from the original export, but with my image names. So, then I uploaded the thousands of image files using FTP to upload/image/data, and all I get when I go to my store is X's with the tag descrition in it. So, then I uploaded all of the images to upload/image/cache/data, and the names still will not point to the images.

Then I went back to my store, clicked on one of the broken image links, went to that product's page, then "copy shortcut," and all it copys is the root directory of my store ie: www.mystore.com/upload. I'm sure that might have something to do with the fact that the shortcut points to a php script, but I need something to tell me what is causing the image names not to point to the images.

Do you know what it might be, and how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Adam

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:21 pm

What is the URL of your store?
Images should be uploaded to your Opencart's 'image/data' directory, not 'upload/image/data'!

Guru Member

Post by adamedsall » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:14 am

No, I apologize. That's not what I meant. That was just a word I used to signifiy the directory that I uploaded the store to on my server. The images are in the image/data directory.

http://www.insanityelectronics.com/store

Post by adamedsall » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:57 pm

Actually, I think I figured out what it is. The columns are not merging correctly in openoffice.org calc. That has to be it, because it doesn't even act like it should when I copy and paste that merged column into notepad. I'm fixing it now, I'll keep you posted, but that's most likely what it is.

Post by adamedsall » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:36 pm

That's what it was. Sorry for the nuisance.

Post by dnicholas » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi,

I have hit the following error

The filename /tmp/php_upload/phpoSufLI is not readable

Pulling my hair out at the moment and this is pretty well out of my depth and any help is appreciated
Many Thanks
Dnicholas

Post by Ven » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Hi
I am trying to run your importer but not getting any response other than 'done' from the browser. Is there anywhere I can check? I have no access to server, system/logs.error.txt is empty.

I have about 5k SKU's trying to import. XLS is 3.7Mb

I created a dummy cat/product in OC, exported then populated and then tried to import.

Any help most gratefully received

Thanks
Ven

Ven

Post by miglo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:37 pm

hello,

first of all thank you very much for this awesome contribution, it works just flawless, the only issue , i have is that it supports only 1 language, is there a way to import/export also a second or third language?

any help would be awesome :)

regards

miglo

Post by dry_flood » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:59 am

I know this thread is full of requests but a lot of us seem to have issues with the file size / max upload limit and or timeouts.

Would it be possible to alter the extension so we could split the export / import into more than 1 file?

Cheers
Gaz

Post by gavema » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Hello,

I love the import export tool, but i'm facing a problem.
i use the option_plus module from theqdomain. This alters the table "product_option_value" with 'sku' 'info' 'image' columns.
Now every time i import the xml file these colums are empty.

Hopefully someone can help me and explain how to fix this.

Thanks.

## got it working! if some one faces the same problem pm me :D ##

Post by SoulV » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi JNeuhoff,

Thanks for your work. great module.

I exported an xls, then filled in data.

When I imported the xls.. all my options for products that I did not edit were not working. Blank.
If I got to that product in OC then save again with no changes, it works.

Have you any ideas?

For example this page is not showing prices:
bleujenflorist.com/flower-shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=45&product_id=115

And this one is after re saving the product:
bleujenflorist.com/flower-shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=45&product_id=114

Im runnung OC version 1.4.9.1

I have re posted this here: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=27775
Last edited by SoulV on Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Solve

Location - UK