Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:59 pm

The Export/Import tool now has built-in support for the 'meta_keywords' field in the products and categories.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster

Expert Member

Post by allenshea » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:15 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:The Export/Import tool now has built-in support for the 'meta_keywords' field in the products and categories.
Always appreciate your hardworking, thanks!

Can you also add 'Sort Order:' in next version? It will help to sort items. Thanks again.

Allens

I know nothing about PHP and SQL, but I still try my best to understand it.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Can you also add 'Sort Order:' in next version? It will help to sort items. Thanks again.
Done.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster

Expert Member

Post by DannyMacD » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:39 am

silly question, but do i just redownload/reinstall the export/import from the Extensions list?

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:42 am

DannyMacD wrote:silly question, but do i just redownload/reinstall the export/import from the Extensions list?
Yes.

MHC Web Design

Expert Member

Post by f1nutter » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:06 pm

JNeuhoff,

This is a wonderful contribution and very useful but I think there may be a bug with the latest version

I have noticed is that when you enter your meta_keywords with a comma between each keyword it seems to replace your additional images with your keywords.

If you don't enter a comma between your keyword then they just show in the source as one long phrase.

Thanks

f1nutter

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:26 pm

I have just fixed it. Please try again with the latest version.

Thanks for spotting this bug.

MHC Web Design

Expert Member

Post by f1nutter » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Neuhoff,

Thanks for the update it now works perfectly.

Post by erojs » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:26 am

Dear JNeuhoff,

I have added some custom fields to my opencart - I added fields "code" and "barcode" just next to the "Model" into MySQL table and modified .php and .tpl files, so that these fields could be updated from admin panel and displayed in product details. With admin panel everything works great, but I would also like to adjust your Export/Import tool, so that these custom fields would also be exported and imported.

Could you please give a short explanation what customizations are needed to be able to export/import also custom fields?

Custom column "code" I inserted after "model" column and "barcode" after "code", in .xls it would also be nice to have columns "code" and "barcode" after "model" column.

Thanks,
erojs

Post by Plain Jane » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:45 pm

Thanks for the free module! I'm having an issue importing my product; whne I upload the spreadsheet i get a message saying that my categories and products have been updated, but I don't see them on the site, in the admin panel, or in the database. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:55 am

Plain Jane wrote:Thanks for the free module! I'm having an issue importing my product; whne I upload the spreadsheet i get a message saying that my categories and products have been updated, but I don't see them on the site, in the admin panel, or in the database. Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Send me a PM with your Opencart admin login details, and I'll take a look at it.

Also, have your checked your server's error_log or Opencart's system/logs/error.txt ?

MHC Web Design

Expert Member

Post by shoo002 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:22 pm

You probably need to make sure you have set the products to show in the default shop, I think putting a 0 in the column marked store_ids.

also check "status enabled" shows true