Post by MobiCart » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Hi,

We don't charge you $99, Apple does. Its just the way they operate for you to get your app listed on their App store.

Kind Regards,

Wladimir

Post by COMPACTER » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:54 pm

is there not a way to not list it there and just distribute it to your own customers rather then the whole world?

ImageCDM Sales & Services. "Get Connected to What Matters!"

Location - bolton, on

Post by MobiCart » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:21 pm

I'm afraid not, that's just how Apple apps work. You could give your customers an adhoc but they would need to provide you with their UID so it doesn't really make sense to do it that way.

Post by SapporoGuy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:20 pm

hmm, I came across your mobi-cart somewhere else, either through pcworld/techcrunch probably and was wondering why would I pay $99 to get the app up?

Does this mean that I sign up as a fully paid developer an get access to all their iOS tools rather than just the typical developer stuff which I get for free and still be able to have my app posted through you?

I just don't get it ...

IF I get full iOS status as a developer, this will sound great since your app will have saved me some time. IF not why shouldn't I just write a webkit app to show my own shop?

This is why I would like to know more, since it seems a bit weird ...

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by MobiCart » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Hello,

Apple requires you to submit your app to them for approval. This is NOT something we require, just Apple that does.

You can do this in two ways:

http://support.mobi-cart.com/mobicart/t ... _app_store

Does the above help clear up any questions?

Kind Regards,

Wladimir

Post by SapporoGuy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:14 pm

Yes, that does help!
So, I can pay apple then use your api, right?

Are you only US based, as in payment gateways? I live in Japan and would love to have cell phone, convenience store (7/11, am-pm, etc ...) payments!

Post by MobiCart » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:20 pm

Perfect :)

"So, I can pay apple then use your api, right?"

Correct.

"Are you only US based, as in payment gateways?"

No we are global and can add as many payment gateways as needed. You can post any wish list ideas by creating a topic under our 'Share an idea' section.

http://support.mobi-cart.com/mobicart/ideas/popular

Thanks again,

Wladimir

Post by MobiCart » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi Guys,

There have been a few questions come up regarding MobiCart and what it does, and the difference between a native app and a mobile CSS theme.

MobiCart is not a native app that enables you to manage your shopping cart admin panel. MobiCart has a built in CMS, however, instead of creating you a website, MobiCart will create you a native app.

Now the issue is if you lets say have 1,000 products in your shopping cart, you need to get them into MobiCart without having to type them all out again. This is where our API comes in.

The API can be made to work simply so you could import all your products into MobiCart, and when an order was placed on a phone, that order would be pushed back up to your shopping cart. You can also extend this and manage every aspect of MobiCart from within your shopping cart. You could create a page in your admin called 'mobile' and have all the settings needed in there.

Now the next question is, why not just have a mobile CSS theme instead of native app.

Our advice would be to have both as a mobile CSS theme is still very good to have and also quick to implement.

However there are many features which is a mobile CSS theme cannot do. With a native app you can do things such as:

1) Enhanced UI
2) Push notifications
3) Stores locators
4) On-device loyalty schemes
5) Select from address book
6) Barcode scanning
7) Location based services

The list goes on. The above features are only possible with a native app and open up a whole load of possibilities.

The best part of all this is MobiCart is free and open source! Designers can build and sell new themes and developers, extensions.

Thanks again,

Wladimir

Post by SapporoGuy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Keep up the good work!

Hmmm, aren't you a bit worried that apple is stopping single radio stations from listing?

Post by MobiCart » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:58 pm

Thank you, that's very kind of you.

Yes as with all platforms we plan on supporting, we have to keep an eye out on what they're up to, but we have no worries with MobiCart.

There are many app builders out there which let you build a general app for a general business. These tend to be glorified RSS readers.

However Mobicart enables you to create a mobile commerce store which people can buy from. MobiCart really does have a use and is not a 'spam' app.

Also do remember that MobiCart is open source so can be customised.

Thanks again,

Wladimir

Post by xtreme-styling » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:28 pm

i have signed up for this today, but of course wont be paying yet for it to go to apple, when i click manage store i get a 404 error

will this still be free from you guys to use ? how do i link it to my open cart?

Post by MobiCart » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:33 pm

Hello,

Could you please post all support questions in our help centre: http://support.mobi-cart.com/

In terms of integrations with opencart, we need to wait for our API to be released early next year.

Kind Regards,

Wladimir

Post by MobiCart » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:16 pm

Hello,

I'm terribly sorry but I haven't got a clue. I use an iPhone.

It may be best you contact HTC as this forum thread is about www.mobi-cart.com and not actually on phone operating software.

Kind Regards,

Wladimir

Post by SapporoGuy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:43 pm

You just answered a spam.

Post by MobiCart » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:28 pm

DOH! Thanks for pointing that out. I was trying to be nice, that will teach me. However the footer links where not in place at the time of posting which is the give-away.

Post by MIAPLAYA » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:12 am

MobiCart wrote:DOH! Thanks for pointing that out. I was trying to be nice, that will teach me. However the footer links where not in place at the time of posting which is the give-away.
So what's the story with the API's? I'm anxious to get Mobi-Cart integrated for a customer's eCommerce site but I'm obviously not going to ask them to manage two stores.

Post by MobiCart » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Hello,

Our API will be ready in Q1 of this year so around middle to the end of March:

http://support.mobi-cart.com/mobicart/t ... dule-1aysm

Kind Regards,

Wladimir

Post by MobiCart » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Hi Guys,

While our API is a few weeks away, I thought I would share with you our new iPhone and iPad screenshots:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mobicart/s ... 943245308/

The MobiCart iPhone platform is already live, but we wanted to re-fresh the look and feel of the app. You will also notice some new features such as product reviews and multiple checkout options.

As for the iPad, we are bringing MobiCart to a new device with a totally new experience.

Our team has already been working hard to integrate both sets and we expect a release date in around 6 weeks time.
We will also be releasing the source code so designers and developers can extend and customise MobiCart to their exact needs.

Thanks again,

Wladimir

Post by glolar » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Boy, I already think OpenCart is great ... if we get an API that allows us to take orders from a customer's Mobile Phone, (and push those orders to our OpenCart store), then I think that puts OpenCart right over the top!

I wonder who will be the first to create an Admin module that integrates with Mobi. ;D

Increase Your Child's I.Q.
iPad Wallpapers
Turtle & Tortoise Screen Savers

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by kenlyle » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:21 am

Any updates on this, specific to OpenCart?