Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:20 am

Hello!
Dear author, please, help me to solve problem with Export/Import module.
I'm using OpenCart Version 2.0.3.1 (rs.2) - Russian release.
Successfully installed Export/Import module (got it here https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... sion_id=17 ).
But when i push EXPORT button, OpenCart starts to process my request, loads for 2 minutes, next error occures and OpenCart logs me out (please, see screenshot).
I think you should use a bigger wait_timeout, see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/ ... it_timeout

Also, the permitted value for the max_allowed_packet should be an integer, I don't think it allows commas in it. And it should be in multiples of 1024. See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/ ... wed_packet

Also, try to do the Export and Import in smaller batches, e.g. no more than 500 to 1000 products at a time.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:30 am

kauscas wrote:
kauscas wrote:Hi everyone,
I installed the new extension release to OC 2.3.0.2 and i have some issues:
when i export products it give me an error
Could not open C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\php9C58.tmp for writing.

I enable and change var sys_temp_dir on php.ini (maybe not the best solution) and now it return this error
Uncaught Error: Call to a member function attach() on boolean in C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCart\system\PHPExcel\Classes\PHPExcel\CachedObjectStorage\PHPTemp.php:115

Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCart\system\PHPExcel\Classes\PHPExcel\Worksheet.php(1149): PHPExcel_CachedObjectStorage_PHPTemp->getCacheData('B2') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCart\system\PHPExcel\Classes\PHPExcel\Worksheet.php(2433): PHPExcel_Worksheet->getCell('B2') #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCart\admin\model\tool\export_import.php(5556): PHPExcel_Worksheet->fromArray(Array, NULL, 'A2', true) #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCart\admin\model\tool\export_import.php(6334): ModelToolExportImport->setCellRow(Object(PHPExcel_Worksheet), 2, Array, Array, Array) #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCart\admin\model\tool\export_import.php(8090): ModelToolExportImport->populateProductsWorksheet(Object(PHPExcel_Worksheet), Array, '1', Array, Array, Array, Array, NULL, NULL, '28', '49') #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCart\system\storage\modification\system\engine\loader.php(178): ModelToolExportImp

P.S.: Sorry my english

Regards

Anyone can help me with this problem?
Now i cannot export products.
I never tested it on a Windows system. However, by the looks of your error message it seems to me that your folder C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\ does not have proper write access.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by salwa123 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:38 am

What means or what does it mean
product_id 28
and
parent_id 0
and category_id 10
and
categories 20,24

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:42 am

salwa123 wrote:What means or what does it mean
product_id 28
and
parent_id 0
and category_id 10
and
categories 20,24
The product_id is the primary identifier for a product, it serves as the primary key in the database.

The category_id is the primary identifier for a category, it serves as the primary key in the database. The parent_id refers to the parent category. The comma-separated list of category_ids, e.g. '20,24' means that the product belongs to the categories idendified by the category_ids 20 and 24.

Guru Member

Post by BToma » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:49 pm

Hi!
Your extension is great, worked exactly as described and I WANT TO THANK YOU for your work and for the fact that you are sharing this extension freely.

I'm using OC 2.3.0.2 and Export/Import Tool (V3.9) .
I'm setting up a store with couple of thousands products and I uploaded some products with options, attributes and filters included.
All products were uploaded correctly and all Excel data is visible in the website and in phpMyAdmin database.
I am using also Mega Filter PRO/PLUS extension module in my website but the problem that I am about to describe is also available for default Filter module from OC. I'm using the third party extension for describing my problem because this extension makes also attributes and options filtrable, and the problem applies for all: attributes, options and filters.

So, here is the problem:

MegaFilter PRO/PLUS reads all the products from database, and the module shows the the attributes, options and filters in the module, with the corresponding number of products for each option in the filter:

The problem bumps when you click on an option: no result is served in the category page - Search Results - after the Import operation. Is like the code that reads the number of products with the corresponding attributes, options and filters from the database, but the code responsible for displaying those products is not working anymore.

After 2 days of searching for my errors and testing various options I found out that entering on the product in OC back-end and just hit "Save" button solves the problem.

I thought that I am not the only one having this problem and probably this will help others with this kind of problem.

But I'm also wondering if there is a more simple solution for this, like reindexing tables and something similar since is clear that some queries are not able to extract data from tables populated using your extension.

I apologize for my long description, but I wanted to be clear enough.

Thanks!

Bogdan

Location - Bucharest, Romania

Post by JDECLEMENTI » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:57 pm

I am having trouble using this extension. Like many I can not get it to come up under tools. Steps that I have taken to resolve the issue.

refreshed modifications with extension enabled.
made sure I have rights to use the tool.
made sure CONFIG file is correct.
Tried completely deleting extension and reinstall

No Errors during install.
FTP set up correctly
OpenCart Version 2.0.1.1

Any help at all is much appreciated, Thank You Jeff DeClementi

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:03 am

BToma wrote: I am using also Mega Filter PRO/PLUS extension module in my website but the problem that I am about to describe is also available for default Filter module from OC. I'm using the third party extension for describing my problem because this extension makes also attributes and options filtrable, and the problem applies for all: attributes, options and filters.
The Mega Filter PRO/PLUS extension most likely introduces new DB fields which the Export/Import isn't aware of, hence your problems. Send me a PM with your login details, and I can work out a quote for the amount of work needed for creating a little modification to the Export/Import to support these additional DB fields.

Guru Member

Post by refizuL » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:36 pm

Good day,

We've installed the extension Export/Import Tool (V3.9) for OpenCart 2.x for open cart and we are running the opencart version 2.3.0.2.
Everthing is fine
We have done, after normal installation without and fault message.
In Modifications list we have enabled the tool
Extensions > Modifications > Refresh
System > Users > User Groups > Administrator > set access and modify right for 'tool/export_import'

Now we wanted to export our products and options into a excel file but when we go to System > Tools > Backup and Restore we can only backup and restore it via a backup.sql file.

Where do we find this tool to export and import via excel file??
Or was something going wrong with the installation?

Errare humanum est, sed in errore perseverare diabolicum

Post by delsolrob » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:45 pm

I'm migrating an older version of open cart

Version 1.5.3.1

I've followed the instructions from the readme.txt,
From there, select 'Top Administrator', then click on the 'Edit' link to the right.
This will open up an edit window with multichoice dropdown lists for 'Access' and 'Modify' rights.
In both of them, you'll see a new entry for 'tool/export_import' which you can select by clicking
on their check boxe
But, the edit option is not available and I am top admin in open cart. When I try to run the Export/Import, I get an error "Permission denied..You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator."

how can I work around this?

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:29 am

delsolrob wrote:I'm migrating an older version of open cart

Version 1.5.3.1

I've followed the instructions from the readme.txt,
From there, select 'Top Administrator', then click on the 'Edit' link to the right.
This will open up an edit window with multichoice dropdown lists for 'Access' and 'Modify' rights.
In both of them, you'll see a new entry for 'tool/export_import' which you can select by clicking
on their check boxe
But, the edit option is not available and I am top admin in open cart. When I try to run the Export/Import, I get an error "Permission denied..You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator."

how can I work around this?
This question has been answered many times over.

You need to sort out the OpenCart extension installer, in particular the FTP settings.

Guru Member

Post by Carlos_2017 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:07 am

Hi, where in all the world can i find the IMPORT / EXPORT Button. The only one i will find in system -> tools -> save/restore
When i download there, i will get .sql file ?!?

I use the 2.3.0.2 Version

thanks for help

Post by Chandler » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:03 am

I am using Amazon AWS , Bitnami using OpenCart 2.3.0.2-1 version.
try to install this extension using below instructions(FTP setup was done before running these instructions)

Step 1) Go to Extensions > Extension Installer
Step 2) Upload the opencart-2-x-export-import-multilingual-3-x.ocmod.zip
Step 3) Go to Extensions > Modifications You should see an entry for this Export/Import tool
Step 4) Click on the Refresh button (top right of the page)
I keep getting below error message

Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 414Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 416Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 418Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/system/engine/loader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 414Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 416Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 418Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/system/library/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 414Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 416Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 418Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/system/library/language.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 414Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 416Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 418Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/system/library/template/php.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 414Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 416Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 418Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/system/library/template/tiwg.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 414Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 416Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 418Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/admin/controller/common/column_left.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 414Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 416Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 418Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/admin/language/en-gb/common/column_left.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 414Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 416Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 418

Any help fixing this issue would be great.

Post by artiman » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:41 pm

I am using another e-com and i need to chance the e-com because of the payment system and i just start using opencart for my e-shop because opencart can use handle the new payment system
i am new in opencart and just have install the new opencart 2.3.0.2 and also install your Export/Import tool what seems install without any errors but i can't see any menu after the install in the tool option i can see in the modification extension menu that it was install but no menu's option to start any export or import

any help would be great Thanks

Post by Ackis » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:05 pm

I really need some help PLEASE!!

I have installed Export/import module on our OC 2.0.1.1.
Works fine!

We also have a module called Cost price installed.
This one https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=23876

Can I some how get the new field "cost price" to be included when I export my products?

I tried to add a field in the file I exported and import it but I get an error message "Invalid header in the Products worksheet"

Can you help me with this?
//Jessica

Location - Sweden

Post by canyildiz » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:51 pm

I had same problem then I realized I didn't enable "tool/export_import" in Access Permission for Administrators. Instead I had enabled only for Modify Permissions. When I enabled also for Access Permission, it began to appear below "Backup / Restore" under menu System > Tools
Carlos_2017 wrote:Hi, where in all the world can i find the IMPORT / EXPORT Button. The only one i will find in system -> tools -> save/restore

thanks for help

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:37 pm

Ackis wrote:
Can I some how get the new field "cost price" to be included when I export my products?

I tried to add a field in the file I exported and import it but I get an error message "Invalid header in the Products worksheet"

Can you help me with this?
//Jessica
You also need to modify the function validateProducts.

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:42 pm

To all: I keep reading about the same installation issues. These have nothing to do with the Export/Import tool, rather it's the OpenCart installer which needs a correct configuration. Please read up on this at http://docs.opencart.com/extension/installer/ , in particular make sure to use the correct FTP settings, including the FTP Root.

Guru Member

Post by Ackis » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:17 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
You also need to modify the function validateProducts.
I'm sorry... :-\ How and where do I do that?

Location - Sweden

Post by safetrade » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:50 pm

Hello Bros ,

Regarding below issue i have solution I had same problem then I realized I didn't enable "tool/export_import" in Access Permission for Administrators. Instead I had enabled only for Modify Permissions. When I enabled also for Access Permission, it began to appear below "Backup / Restore" under menu System > Tools

Carlos_2017 wrote: Hi, where in all the world can i find the IMPORT / EXPORT Button. The only one i will find in system -> tools -> save/restore

thanks for help

You need to go User groups / Administrator

andc lick unselect all than select all

for two section

and export / import will come up in tools menu

Post by gasp0 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Hello,

i have version 2.3.0.2 and i have problem with installer - no such file.

I opened installer.xml and find out that installer want to write to files menu.php/tpl etc ... I do not have these files in ma 2.3.0.2 but for example admin/controler/common/menu.php ...p