Post by cneven » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:05 pm

I'm working on a multilingual Opencart shop. Some variables don't have a translation (or an incorrect one) for the languages I wish to use. I've successfully translated a lot of missing variables using the language files in the catalog/language folder.
Now I've noticed some of the variables that are still not translated, are not in those language files or appear to be overwritten. I've found that they are declared or reassigned in some VQMod modules I've installed. What is the correct approach in translating those?

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:15 am

if you have existing Variables, but in the default-language files only, you could add all those lines to your custom language files related, and translate the Text Content accordingly.

Then, you need to make sure, that VqMod-Path's are set correctly, so, language-specific files will be called, not default ones. Just to give you a general info, I'm not even quite sure, if the ASTERIX-setting(described later) applies to it, but still...! They may be written by using an asterix instead of a fixed defined Subsection, like in the sample line shon below:

Code: Select all

catalog/view/theme/*/template/
meaning, that, if no specific language entry exists, it will use the matching DEFAULT Language Value.
Multiple asterix-quoted path linking can be used as well, just to mention it...

Or then a fixed linked address path line as below:

catalog/view/theme/default/template/
or then linked directly to a Custom Theme Section, like:

catalog/view/theme/MY-CUSTIOM-THEME/template/
If a VqMod contains english-only 'fixed' Text Variables, you could change this into your Language. But if you have a multi-language shop, this would not be of help, you would have to add 'declaration/definition' content lines in controller- possibly model-sections as well, to make it work the 'OC-official' way.

I hope it gives you some ideas...
Ernie
openshop.li

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by cneven » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Thanks for the reply.
In this particular case I have multiple languages.
But the variables are fixed in vqmod.
Something like: $_['variable_name']='some English text';