Post by ukracer » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:52 pm

I have purchased Total Upload Pro and wanting to upload a few test products to get some idea how it all works. Sadly it does not have an export function so I can be sure I have a compatible CSV file. I have saved one with export/import module and also saved a file from Hostjars but they are so different and I am not sure I understand either of them. In the one from export/import it seems to have manufacturers listed in the same way as products.

Does any one have a basic CSV file I can look at ?

This is my exported file. http://www.mistatees-rc.co.uk/images/ba ... oducts.xls

I would like to start with a basic file and add more fields as I get more familiar with the module and open cart.

Thanks in advance

Andy T

Post by ukracer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:13 am

Dirtboy has kindly been helping me by send me a file and also a link to a shop that file populates.

sadly whilst it has been very helpful due to the complexity of the site (rather than the files) I am finding it hard to follow as there are so many links in multiple categories.

Without sounding ungrateful I am wondering it anyone has a slightly less complex ,documented, CSV file and link to a populated site that shows exactly what each column/header puts into the populated site.

If anyone from hostjars reads this I would have thought this was a must for a mod that costs $85 . A video like the one they have done for CSV upload would also be of great benefit.

What I have found disappointing is the need to spend $20 to purchase another mod that would show exactly what the CSV file populates. I.e if Total upload pro just exported a CSV file of a site you have already populated manually you could check how they correlate and cross reference.

Once again big thanks to dirtboy for his help via Pm .

Regards Andy t

Post by ukracer » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:36 am

Its rather ironic I missed a trick when I could just use the demo on the hostjars site to generate a csv file. Sadly when trying to use this I found that I could not drag the fields I needed to see into the "your fields" box.

I am rapidly wondering if I have done the right thing in purchasing this module as the documentation available on its use is not what I really need to read.

Post by hostjars » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:14 am

Hi Andy,

Sorry we noticed this so late. For anyone else that reads this thread.

There is a sample CSV file available here:

http://feeds.hostjars.com/complete_1.csv

This contains more or less every field that can be imported, along with structures. Saying that, there is support for far more file structures with the Total Import PRO.

For most of the complex field imports we have also added blue (i) information links in the module to our helpdesk at http://helpdesk.hostjars.com/home where you will find articles on most of the features and functions of our modules.

We will also see about making the usage process a bit clearer and a video might well be in order =)

Mods: Total Import PRO | Any Feed PRO | XML Input PRO |
CSV Import PRO